Devils v Capitals - 07/02 - 6:00pm - Chat/Updates

mazza03

Penguin13 said:
Get Ed Patterson back before the CC final
He was and is no better. If you are going to change coach change for a better one not a worse or same one.

I have just come back from what for me was the worse game I have seen in a very long time, they were playing as individuals not a team, the only people that put any effort in IMHO was Miller, Michel, Ben and the Brits. To be fair to Brad I felt sorry for him Hicks was a disgrace, he called things that nobody else saw, and the blatant ones from the Caps he ignored even the one right in his face.

I went down to the bar and bought myself a drink for the last 10 minutes I was that disgusted, don't think I'll bother next week.

Looking t the program we have an awful lot of games one after the other in the next few weeks, it does make me wonder just who does the fixtures

Penguin13 said:
Get Ed Patterson back before the CC final
what the hell is this Ed Patterson obsession some people seem to have?? he wasnt anything special so i don't really understand it. As much as it saddens me to say it i do think G's time at the helm is coming to an end, he seems to be doing very little to resolve the problem.
I think the next game one of the first line needs to be benched, they need to realise their place on the team isn't a given. They simple are not performing for their wage, and lets see a damn fight, something to spark the team up a bit.
Not looking forward to the CC final if this continues.

Don cherry said:
Maybe their minds were on other things, isn't tonight the superbowl?? plenty of drinkies?? i'd have em all in at 7 in the morning for a training session, that would shake em up a bit. :evil:
But that would mean the coach(es) getting for seven too! And they must have been thinking about something else as they can't count five players off the ice and another five on!

steve

who's going to order something like a 7am start though!

the owner doesn't get involved in that (rightly so - no criticism here)
the managing director is too busy with anything and everything off-ice
the coach is one of the boys

let's be sensible, there's no chance there will be changes now, and rightly so.

i don't mind G as a coach, however we need someone to be a boss, someone who will be prepared to bench people, sack people, and scare the bejesus out of the players once in a while. personally i'm a little dissapointed shannon hasn't taken on this role and maybe even travelled with the team more. being nice doesn't win success.

bluedevil said:
Don cherry said:
Maybe their minds were on other things, isn't tonight the superbowl?? plenty of drinkies?? i'd have em all in at 7 in the morning for a training session, that would shake em up a bit. :evil:
But that would mean the coach(es) getting for seven too! And they must have been thinking about something else as they can't count five players off the ice and another five on!
Yeah your right

Penguin13 said:
HHMMMMM? who was coach when we won the cc? the last major trophy we one? not including the british knockout joke thing!
But who was the coach that led to most N American agents refusing to deal with the Devils?

I rated Patterson, but there are too many issues surrounding him to make his return a possibility. Also has he had any involvement in hockey since leaving?

By your reckoning if G wins this years CC he becomes as good as Ed...therefore shouldn't we keep him until then?

steve

ok, the posts are coming thick and fast, just a quick reminder this is about the teams current performance and tonights game specifically. not a 'what Ed did/didn't do' thread.

Penguin13 said:
Apparently not, thats my confusion, i still don't see why you want Ed back though, the only reason he managed to get such a good team is because he promised players things the owner couldn't provide. Getting him and the team a bad rep which we have worked had to get rid of, and as bluedevils has pointed out. Whats Ed done since???

Sorry steve i'll let it get back on topic now.

After our league form and first leg result, most people said that the year we won it...

Back on topic, mazza was right about the only players trying being Michel, Miller and Brits. Next weekend G should try

Hill, Michel, Miller
Towe, Davie, Hayes
Then tell the rest they can cycle on the third, hopefully with Fisher and other ENLers taking regular shifts

Gazza272

Edinburgh Capitals = awesome road game, Heart, passion, determinaton, skill.

I dont think it would be fair to edinburgh to highlight the frailties of the Devils, i thought Edinburgh were just brilliant. Fair play to Doug Christiansen and his men.

A

Anonymous

Something has to give !! On the penalty kill after 1m 38 seconds, the under 14's have more discipline than that! Pathetic. Aye but Gazza we should not be losing at home to the Caps, full stop. We beat them AWAY for christ sake !!

That performance really sums up a weekend of miserable Welsh sport. Think the players and coaches really need to have a collective look at themselves and work out what is going wrong.
Six players on the ice, what is that all about, bearing in mind over the last couple of weeks on numerous occasions when we've been 5 on 5 we've only had 4 on the ice, who is making these calls. After all we've got the added advantage of having two coaches on the bench, or is this a disadvantage?
Yes Hicks was awful, every week on here we blame the referee, Hicks, Darnell, Thompson & Co, but the bottom line is we should be beating teams like Hull, Newcastle, Edinburgh, home and away regularly. We even had two minutes of 5 on 3 too our advantage and never looked like scoring, and too me this is wholly unacceptable.
Also why does it take us till the last few minutes of the game to actually make a hit, the last few weeks this kind of home defeat has been on the cards where we've scraped wins.
I feel that our Star imorts, the players we all look too when things arent going well, just arent doing enough for this team.
We play for the fans, the city and the jersey, how i wish that was true, cos bar a couple of individuals tonight this was certainly not the case.
On a final positive note, i am glad that the players will be able to stay up and enjoy there Superbowl party, cos none of them will be too tired to have fun. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don cherry said:
I was thinking the same thing was a disgrace mind you Hicks was a ---- as usual I wont br buying anything from his shop ever again thats for sure and then you got Young who thinks hes a Ref another -------- . :twisted:

A

Anonymous

TheDevilTorn said:
Something has to give !! On the penalty kill after 1m 38 seconds, the under 14's have more discipline than that! Pathetic. Aye but Gazza we should not be losing at home to the Caps, full stop. We beat them AWAY for christ sake !!
Why do we mickey take Sheffield calling them squeelers, when all we do is moan about the officials, maybe, just maybe, were CRAP?

SPEEDACE said:
That performance really sums up a weekend of miserable Welsh sport. Think the players and coaches really need to have a collective look at themselves and work out what is going wrong.
Six players on the ice, what is that all about, bearing in mind over the last couple of weeks on numerous occasions when we've been 5 on 5 we've only had 4 on the ice, who is making these calls. After all we've got the added advantage of having two coaches on the bench, or is this a disadvantage?
Yes Hicks was awful, every week on here we blame the referee, Hicks, Darnell, Thompson & Co, but the bottom line is we should be beating teams like Hull, Newcastle, Edinburgh, home and away regularly. We even had two minutes of 5 on 3 too our advantage and never looked like scoring, and too me this is wholly unacceptable.
Also why does it take us till the last few minutes of the game to actually make a hit, the last few weeks this kind of home defeat has been on the cards where we've scraped wins.
I feel that our Star imorts, the players we all look too when things arent going well, just arent doing enough for this team.
We play for the fans, the city and the jersey, how i wish that was true, cos bar a couple of individuals tonight this was certainly not the case.
On a final positive note, i am glad that the players will be able to stay up and enjoy there Superbowl party, cos none of them will be too tired to have fun. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Couldn't have written that better myself SPEEDACE

Fubar

UTTER RUBBISH DISPLAY.. 6 men on the ice for 15 seconds with 2 bench coaches...WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

sadly next week i wont be there due to work, but i would love to unfurl a banner "stop embarassing us"

smith....what a waste of an import slot. clearly shows he's not a team member!
defence.... they made some crackin interceptions tonight and then proceeded to dump the puck straight to a cap's player.
powerplay.... 5 on 3 for 1.45 mins...shoot the damn puck! totally wasted oppourtunity.

imo, the caps dont play a physical game. we should have beat the holy bejesus outta them in the 1st period and the start of the 2nd and 3rd...we didnt...why the hell not? Granted Hicks called evreything tonight against the devils and proved yet again that he is a complete tool, but stop gobbing off fer goodness sake. 3 x 10 min misconducts isnt acceptable.

the players body language and facial expressions are clear for all to see...something isnt right. If i was the coach i would have screaming blue murder at them at the end of the game...but i dint see that at the end of the game when i popped into the dressing room. Perhaps they'll all get wasted now at the superbowl party and have a good fight between themselves! I await the press release on Monday for the sackings!