Devils v Clan - 26/09 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates...

Im sure Braehead shocked a few people tonight, mostly Corey Neilson (might need a cloth to take that egg off his face). He was on the podcast saying Bruce had his head in the clouds if he expected to win.
I see a Devils win, since the Clan will be tired. But not an easy game.

samidevils said:
Ok so tonight Clan led all game to win against Panthers in the NIC.........4-3

Ones to watch (going by the stats) Chaumont 1+2, Noel 1+1 and Bruce 0+2.

Doesnt look to be as easy a game as I thought it would be tomorrow.
Before you posted this, I was wondering if the Devils would start Myers in net tonight to give him some ice time, now I'm not so sure. Beating the Panthers in their own rink is no easy feat, especially for a brand new team.

Should be a hell of a game.

Ban the evil Jester who is living up to his name.Devils to get beaten by Clan and Caps?Listen,less of your sour grapes young man.If we can whoop your teams backside why can't we beat either of our Scottish friends?

LOL

I think the Clan will shock a lot of teams this season and i think they will finish in the top 5

Told ya :twisted:

Gaz G

Not taking anything away from the Clan here but is it at all possible that they won the game last night through Bruce Richardson's coaching? He worked as assistant coach with Corey for the last couple of years so probably knows his tactics inside out. As we all know, Corey seems a rather selfish coach and my bet would be that he didn't really listen to many of Bruce's suggestions when he was with the Panthers and did it all his way.

Personally I would bet that the Panthers were out coached last night and that tonight will be an entirely different story.

Thinking a good win for the Devils tonight but will be interested come the end of the season to see which team has the best record against the Panthers. Again my bet would be the Clan.

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised. Richardson, Cook, Chaumont, Wedderburn, Campbell, Bruce, Bernier, thats a very decent team, Parras is the question mark, but if hes on form, he has teh experience to do well for them too.

They could easily be top 5.

Is it me or does the Devils need to take more advantage of Power Plays. I know that the forwards are doing well the season from my limited knowledge of hockey but we don't seem to be taking advantage of the extra man.

A

Anonymous

sdalgl72 said:
Is it me or does the Devils need to take more advantage of Power Plays. I know that the forwards are doing well the season from my limited knowledge of hockey but we don't seem to be taking advantage of the extra man.
Our PP wasn't great last season, seems to have carried on into this one too! Why do we always get an icing call in the first 30-40 seconds? Most strange.

A

Anonymous

sdalgl72 said:
I'm just finding it strange how we can score goals 5 on 5 why can't we do it on the Power Play shouldn't it be easier with the extra man?
Well in theory yes, but it doesn't always work that way. Same in footy, 11 players cant always breakdown the 10. Same in hockey. Also depends how good the other teams PK is of course.

I suppose the extra concentration on D for PK Unit, next question is how long is it going to take for our D to match the success of the forwards :lol:

Can I ask Wannabe to select my numbers for the lottery this week please? His psychic abilities are fairly good! Even if he was rather overly sure of himself! ;-)

TheStub

Good result for the Devils tonight against a Clan side who really impressed me.

Tonight was no push over, and the Devils fought to a quality win. Sam Smith impressed, and nice to Symonds get a regular shift - he looked solid except for that moments ill discapline.

Decent performance against a decent Braehead team tonight. Brendan Cook looked quality and Kyle Bruce for them was a thorn in our side all night.

I didn't think that anyone stood out for us tonight, but it was good to see Symonds have more shifts and can't remeber him putting a foot wrong. Roll on Thursday!

Symmo's only major mistake all night was squaring off to Wedderburn (I think) after he shot the puck at Lyle after the whistle. Given who was reffing tonight It was obvious which way that was going to go. Lucky that penalty didn't cost us a goal.

Gaz G

Ghost Dog said:
Symmo's only major mistake all night was squaring off to Wedderburn (I think) after he shot the puck at Lyle after the whistle. Given who was reffing tonight It was obvious which way that was going to go. Lucky that penalty didn't cost us a goal.
In my eyes (and as a coach i'm a big fan of G) but Symmo's only mistake was playing along side G who seemed extremely reluctant to pass him the puck!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheStub

I wasn't sure who Symmo was icing with, as I saw him with both Smiths and Richardson. Perhaps G was shuffling him around to see where he fits.

Did he get benched after the roughing call, as I can't remember him icing much after that?

Overall, he looked solid to me - I didn't really notice him except in a "oh there is Symmo" kind of way - which is the way it should be with the D.

James

Administrator
TheStub said:
Did he get benched after the roughing call, as I can't remember him icing much after that?
I thought he might have got benched after that (although it was good to see him sticking up for Lyle) but he continued to get regular shifts. Good on him. What happened to Bernier. Warmed up but never made it to the bench and was walking around the rink.

TheStub

James said:
I thought he might have got benched after that (although it was good to see him sticking up for Lyle) but he continued to get regular shifts. Good on him. What happened to Bernier. Warmed up but never made it to the bench and was walking around the rink.
Great. I like to see as many Brits get a regular shift as we can.

Can I just add that tonight has been made all that little sweeter with Blaze really stuffing Shuff. The steamroller has been halted by the might of some opposition... although I suppose Steelers may be tired after a midweek fixture, and scoring all those goals on those other teams the weekend before :lol: