Devils v Clan - 26/09 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates...

To be honest thought it was a workman like performance against a strong disciplined Braehead team, who appear to be extremely strong defensively and more than able going forward. They are going to surprise one or two of the bigger teams a few times this season and feel they may be very difficult to beat away from home.
The Devils appear to be gelling offensively, and i feel we will have no problems in the scoring department.
My major concern still is our defence, we are leaking far too many goals and individual errors are being punished. Sawyer looks like a solid performer, and i thought he was excellent last night. I still worry about the role G has on the ice, i felt he iced very little last night, i dont know whether that was in order to give Symonds more ice time, i just feel myself that we are possibly wasting an import slot on G, feel he would be better doing his primary job coaching the side and then we would be able to bring in another solid 'D' man to try and assist Lyle and the rest of the defence. Team spirit appears to be a lot better this year with all the players working for each other, and prepared to battle and give that little bit extra for one another. Long may it continue

Slartibartfast

Real impressed by the Clans work ethic. We had better players but they made the Devils work real hard.
Thought Max played well. He always plays better under pressure.
Sam Smith had a great game.
Tylor Michel was his usual work horse self. Deserved a goal and got it in the end
Finnertys slap shot goal was awesome
Matzka showing glimpses of a star but I think the best is yet to come
MacRae not a superstar but think he is going to contribute significantly
Pelle impressed for a little guy. Similar work ethic to Tylor
D did OK but watch out for those bobbling pucks in front of net. Never mind the puck just level the man.
The usually impeccable Richardson made a mistake that cost a goal. Richie you are human and its a first so don't worry.
All in all an encouraging performance. Think we can be contenders

Special mention has to go to Perras who had an awesome game in the Clan net

Some of the best hockey I have seen for a while (from both teams)