Devils v Panthers - 18/12 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Sheincar

Chris said:
Panthers leaving in the next 10-15 minutes i've heard...

Being that i'm only in North Cardiff, maybe 5-6 miles from the rink and I can't move my car I really hope this game is cancelled :(

Chris.
Same here. TBH I'm surprised Panthers only just leaving. Tells me they've no concept of how bad it is here.

Gospel

I live down the Bay about 500m from the rink. The roads are terrible. With more snow forecast plus below zero temperatures it will be deadly. If the game does go ahead trying to leave the rink at 10ish will be an accident waiting to happen. Gut feeling tells me it should be cancelled for the safety of the fans when we leave.

A

Anonymous

Gospel said:
I live down the Bay about 500m from the rink. The roads are terrible. With more snow forecast plus below zero temperatures it will be deadly. If the game does go ahead trying to leave the rink at 10ish will be an accident waiting to happen. Gut feeling tells me it should be cancelled for the safety of the fans when we leave.
A lot of footy matches have been postponed, even in the Prem. Not because of the pitch but the safety around the grounds. If its deemed unsafe around CCFC how can it be deemed safe around the rink? I don't quite understand?

This may be my anger at the league and all coming out, but who cares whether the Panthers have left? The league have shown they don't give a stuff about us and fairness, so if we want to call it off for the safety of our fans, why the hell shouldn't we?

This is where the Devils annoy me too mind, and I think this is the first time I've ever moaned about them on here. The league, Sheffield and Nottingham are desperate for us to play tonight. We're short benched, there's going to be hardly any crowd, and probably no atmosphere. Yet we have the PERFECT excuse to postpone the game. Even Cardiff City have called their game off due to safety not the pitch.

I know I'm moaning because I can't get there, but even if I was going I'd wouldn't care if it was called off due to the circumstances. I mean come on Devils, this is the first game in about 3 years I've missed, believe me, if there was anyway I could get there tonight I would, thats how bad the snow is. We don't all have the luxury of living on a main road, having a 4x4, living in Cardiff etc. What is wrong with us? We roll over every time for the big arena teams and the league.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #89
But apparently our management know better than all those other sports clubs, they know better than the weather service as well.

They seem to now be trying to justify the decision by saying Craig Bellamy 'rumoured' to be doing the puck drop, yes because that makes everything so much better...

Chris.

Chris said:
They seem to now be trying to justify the decision by saying Craig Bellamy 'rumoured' to be doing the puck drop, yes because that makes everything so much better...
I know, I just replied to it, is that the reason they want it on so much, isn't he going to find all the empty seats a bit pathetic? :evil:

I think I may actually cry if this game does actually go ahead as proposed. No chance of me getting to Cardiff from Laugharne in this. Gonna do what a former Laugharne resident would do, (Mr. Dylan Thomas) and have a nice couple of whiskeys and write some poetry....well.....probably just the whiskey. Although I could do an ode to Andy French???

for god's sake call the game off on safety grounds, just like every other sporting fixture in South Wales today!

Or are we scared of the EIEIO league recriminations ?

imagine the ban Voth would get for allegedly doing a snow dance :D

What a weird decision :shock: I can only assume we've been threatened with having to forfeit if the game is postponed - surely that's the only justification for this game going ahead.

With this being a non-season ticket game I can see this being a lower turn-out than the Hull game. Such a shame when it probably would have been a sell-out if they'd postponed it.

May I suggest that those of you who have tickets but can't make it due to weather conditions e-mail the club seeking your money back before face 0ff time as the club has acted unreasonable in going ahead with the event knowing that a significant % of the customers cannot get to the game through no fault of their own.

OJ

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #100
So, other games postponed in South Wales today, also bear in mind that we have a siazable number of fans that don't live in Cardiff...

Football
Cardiff v Burnley

Rugby
Cardiff v Pontypool
Carmarthen Quins v Aberavon
Llanelli v Nottingham
Pontypridd v Birmingham & Solihull

Two games in Cardiff cancelled, one game involving another team from Nottingham cancelled...

Chris.