Devils Vs Giants - Sunday 12th Jan - 6pm - Chat

voth26

Re: Devils Vs Giants - Sunday 12th Jan - 6pm - Chat

jimmy snels said:
Right. I can handle losing. What I can not handle is such a passionless display from devils. That was absolutely diabolical. I understand we are a little short. But there is no excuse in the second period to completely capsize like that. Our D had played 10 minutes max each in the first. Hardly a hockey first they should be able to handle it, if it was the third id understand but right from the start they backed off so far without making a challenge or a block and let the giants have free reign to bombard cook whilst effectively doing nothing. How many checks did our d men put out tonight? In fact as a team how many did we dish out?

Kurka lord and davies are the only ones who looked like devils tonight. Absolutely disgusted.

Enough is enough. We need a proper coach. We need to gas some players and bring in new. We need to install some passion for gods sake.
But what makes you think bringing in new players and they will play with passion?

Carolle said:
I and thousands of other hockey supporters from around the league are really sad to see what's happening to the Devils and their fans
PR and BP seem to be making a mockery of the clubs good name , broken promises and alienating fans
I'm not a business man( far from it) but I can see that with the new Arena round the corner you should be building up your fan base ready for when you move out of the BBT
Once fans move onto other sports/activities it's hard to get them back .
The Devils need someone who is forward thinking and not going through the motions of owning a team or more concerned what hat to wear each period .
The Devils club and their fans deserve better MUCH better
It takes people on the outside from other clubs to see it, a neutrals view may be a better perspective to look at the issues of this club rather than a fan base divided and in denial

jimmy snels

voth26 said:
jimmy snels said:
Right. I can handle losing. What I can not handle is such a passionless display from devils. That was absolutely diabolical. I understand we are a little short. But there is no excuse in the second period to completely capsize like that. Our D had played 10 minutes max each in the first. Hardly a hockey first they should be able to handle it, if it was the third id understand but right from the start they backed off so far without making a challenge or a block and let the giants have free reign to bombard cook whilst effectively doing nothing. How many checks did our d men put out tonight? In fact as a team how many did we dish out?

Kurka lord and davies are the only ones who looked like devils tonight. Absolutely disgusted.

Enough is enough. We need a proper coach. We need to gas some players and bring in new. We need to install some passion for gods sake.
But what makes you think bringing in new players and they will play with passion?
I think you've got to do your home work for a start and have someone as the main man (coach) with experience and contacts to enable us to make the decision whether they would be a good fit for us and to attract them in the bloody first place. We're carrying a few players and I think something has to change. I feel really sorry for smith marsh and especially plumpton who is effectively being made to play about 8 different roles because the balance is all wrong

Paul Sullivan

jimmy snels said:
Then tonight you seem to think I knew paul bissonnette was signing for us?! Are you serious? I know tonight was bad but recreational drugs are not the answer! I have talked (and I mean " "hi paul any chance of new signings this wk?" Or "how was the coach journey") at about three away games and possibly two home games. I have no idea where you get this perception from
Firstly, how dare you even humorously suggest I take recreational drugs. Please retract and apologise as that is a libellous attack on me personally. I have no time for anyone involved in hockey who is involved in taking drugs, on or off the ice. They certainly deserve no place at the Cardiff Devils.

Secondly, I can't imagine where I got the idea you were fed the info. This was the best kept secret in Devils signings for years. The Club announced it prior to face-off at the game on Nov 1st. Terry Phillips synchronised with this and also went online at 7:30pm, 1st. The Clubs actual PR went out on 2nd Nov.
Yet amazingly, unbelievably, the man who has admitted himself he was asking Paul Ragan for signing info posted this prior to all that happening:

James

Administrator

Jimmy please refrain from personal attacks. Paul please wind your neck in or at least read what the libel laws are before going off full cock.

Paul Sullivan

James said:
Jimmy please refrain from personal attacks. Paul please wind your neck in or at least read what the libel laws are before going off full cock.
So I get told to wind my neck in for defending myself? Interesting moderation. FWIW I battled Bob for years. I am au fait with libel and slander. He tried both. I stand by my response. Implying my post was anything to do with recreational drugs is a weak-minded, aggressive and pathetically ill-informed attack. But that's just me attacking the post and not the poster. Shame more can't do the same.

jimmy snels

Im not sure if I read it on elite prospects when searching for who it might be, or seen it on twitter/Facebook/told at rink or even gueesed it by looking at who might have played with our players previously (which iv tried and hugely failed at previously) but the one thing I can assure you is I have absolutely no personal relationship with paul ragan (in fact my family has negative history with him in the business world) and if you said james Snelson to him I bet he'd have no idea in the slightest who I was! Your assumptions are completely wrong, unfounded and to be honest a little sad. Not everyone wants to be involved in the inner workings of the club. I wouldn't even volunteer (although I respect and applaud those who do) because I only actually care about on ice product and have no time for the rest of the b.s that goes with it.

As for saying your hurt by me joking? Get a grip. Your playing the victim now. As if anyone actually thought that I was serious :roll: I have no idea hardly who you are let alone what you are about. Just for clarity I apologise unreservedly if anyone was hurt by my words or could sence I was joking in an extremely sarcastic manner. My sarcasm can be lost in text I guess

Libel 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact, and is not clearly identified as an opinion.

James

Administrator

Don't want to take this off topic but Jester that is a definition from an American legal dictionary, British law defines it further. If Paul feels, and can prove that a joking reference on a fan forum will cause substantial harm to his reputation he'd have a point, it would be libel. Legal threats and bully boy tactics were definitely a tool of Bob yes, it's a shame to see people still try and take that tact.

Gazza272

jester said:
Libel 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact, and is not clearly identified as an opinion.

The British law currently states you have to prove a comment provided 'Substantial' harm and not just 'harm' to your reputation.

I would fall off my chair if anyone thought Jimmy made anything other than a sarcastic comment. It wouldn't even make the papers. Especially since Alcohol which is a legal substance could be classed as a recreational drug.

I do think there's a point I wouldn't want anyone with an illegal substance abuse problem linked with the club though, the same way I wouldn't want anyone involved in illegal activity linked with us. For example Jester I would guess you weer delighted as anyone when Chris Knight was removed after the terrible allegations from his past. I think that is something we can all agree on.

Temme

The last 2 pages make funny reading.

I remember my first beer too.

jimmy snels

Careful adam I had my first beer in 1996 and find your accusation of late development beer drinking really offensive.... I also would find it offensive if someone hadn't drank after watching us concede 11 :lol:

Right thats me done with this absolute rubbish. We were crap but hopefully with a few more fit bodies and pope out the country we might play better and get a tidy result in the semis