Giants Vs Devils - League - 18th & 19th March 23 - Double Header Baby!

Wannabe2

We dont have "Mickey mouse" prices....... yet we have a "Mickey mouse" team.

As for the merch and beer being reasonable, how can they justify charging the same amount for screen printed jerseys when we used to get embroidered for the same price pre covid. Things like a devils water bottle for £20 too is ridiculous!!! As for the beer, sorry, but just because prices at concerts and in pubs in town can be more expensive that doesn't mean we aren't still being overcharged for a pint of piss in the IAW. People are too willing to just accept that they are being ripped off and being charged premium rates for a less than premium product.
But that was 3 years ago, and our shirts are pretty much the same price as other teams, £20 for a water bottle then don’t buy one, perhaps they don’t sell any, and our beer prices are similar to other teams in the league whether its piss or not, however there’s basically always a queue at the bar to buy a pint of piss, and after the game, people pay it because their happy too, you don’t because your unhappy too, what’s the problem, Ever bought a pint in Nottinghams Arena, or Steelers, or Giants it’s similar prices. At the end of the day you don’t have to pay it, and obviously you don’t, so what’s the problem. Sounds like you’re just an unhappy person to me, it could be worse you could be a Panthers fan or even Steelers fan. Happy Hockey Days.

Samael

Yawn. I won't get personal and start making observations about you personally, I'd get banned or edited if I did and besides that I don't have 3 hours to waste listing your many flaws Glynne.

Bottom line is it's MY OPINION that the cost of being a fan of the Cardiff Devils these days is not worth the money. None of this is really relevant to this thread which is about two games that haven't even been played yet.

kingmo19.1

Somebody somewhere is making an absolute killing on that merchandise! Bang average quality and prices you’d expect to see in Harrods or Selfridges!

Then again, if some are gullable enough to pay it …….

I don’t mind paying slightly over the odds for the beer, if your having 2-3 pints then that’s a total of £2 or £3 over the odds BUT the Merch - those prices are beyond stupidly ridiculous.

Wannabe2

Samael I also don’t have4 hrs listing your flaws mate, so maybe we should call it a draw, you don’t agree with me, and I don’t agree with you simples.

kettdevil1

Completely agree with you on this, a first
Infinite number of posts on infinite days.... had to happen eventually ;)

As I have said before, no idea what is going to happen this weekend but I would be surprised if we didn't put up a good show. The next few weeks are going to be interesting and I suspect there will be some developments happening sooner rather than later.

Have a fun Belfast weekender everyone

lloyd_jeff

Myself like yourself I don’t think beer, merchandise, or seats are overpriced especially compared to other gigs my local is more expensive than IAW, Merchandise is average price, and as for ticket costs I think there bang on, if you want a £10 team you won’t be in the Elite League, with the exception of a poor season this year, we are usually up there with the best, and that certainly wouldn’t happen with 3,000 seats at Mickey Mouse prices.
From my poor memory without bothering to check, don’t we have the highest season ticket price in the EIHL.
Generally if everyone is sticking their heads in fires it’s better not to follow. Justifying or accepting mediocre because everyone else does, well thats just the purest definition of stupidity.

Swarley

If my information is correct, sadly I’m not.
How in the hell has he taking the team to Belfast and not had the thought of bringing Kelly along just incase a brit gets injured or can't travel and benching Lou again I feel like he just wants this team to lose as badly as possible.

Dupont.. More like Duncepont

RedDevil17

How in the hell has he taking the team to Belfast and not had the thought of bringing Kelly along just incase a brit gets injured or can't travel and benching Lou again I feel like he just wants this team to lose as badly as possible.

Dupont.. More like Duncepont
He didn’t care as a player, he doesn’t care as a coach.

Jonesy83

Heard they tried to get Kerlin over as back up NM since Davies is a Brit, so could play all the imports but it’s not happened.

Again only what I’ve been told, don’t take it as 100%, but I’ll believe it.

Swarley

Heard they tried to get Kerlin over as back up NM since Davies is a Brit, so could play all the imports but it’s not happened.

Again only what I’ve been told, don’t take it as 100%, but I’ll believe it.
If it's true then sorry but the owners having confidence in him was clearly misplaced.

He didn’t care as a player, he doesn’t care as a coach.
I defended him at the start of the season and hoped he'd find his feet midway through and show promise of being a great coach, I have no faith in his ability to coach a team given its near end of the season and he STILL hasn't fixed his damn power play issues.

Pembo

Sorry for spoilers but we get a gritty win tonight and then Belfast unleash the laptop out and we get a bit of a pasting on Sunday.

We roll the dice again tonight.
We could win 3-2 or we could lose 7-1, it’s completely impossible to predict.
Heart hopes for a Devils win but head says a comprehensive defeat!