Lacosta forced to retire!

voth26

tigertemme said:
Heavens forbid that some posts an opionion on a cardiff devils opionion based forum
There is a time and place and subjects to post an opinion on and this is not the time to post an opinion as stupid as has been posted on dans reasons to retire given how sensitive the reasons are.

Wannabe2 said:
Finny said:
I would have thought that as he received the injury whilst playing for us, we should pay him until the end of his contract?
Thats what should happen.
Morally yes. But it depends on the contract, and they can always be renegotiated. Who knows: they might have tried the 'if you care about your teammates you'll absolve us of our obligation to pay you so that you can be replaced' card.

There's that cynicism again. Sorry.

Wannabe2

The hockey world is a very small world, treat players poorly and players wont want to come here, also do you go in for that awesome hit, or blocking shots if you think getting injured will result in a loss of wages,shy away for your responsibilities is very short sighted and will undoubtly come back to buy you on the rear.

osh

Wannabe2 said:
Finny said:
I would have thought that as he received the injury whilst playing for us, we should pay him until the end of his contract?
In an ideal world I would agree with you, however, I would hope that there would be some sort of insurance In place to cover such incidents, but who knows? We already know that the club is probably paying out as much as they can for the squad we have. So, if no insurance is in place, the club will be liable for DLC's salary if he stays till the end of the season.

Now, we are a very generous lot here in Cardiff - as Tylor Michel will testify - so how about the following idea or something similar. Let's say there are approx 16 weeks to go until the end of the season, I would voluntarily pay £1 into a kitty for each week. I feel sure that somehow, other fans would contribute the same ( only the cost of a match ticket after all ) if we would get 500 fans to do the same, DLC ( or a new netminder ) could be the beneficiary of £500 a week to assist with his stay. Any suggestions welcomed.

Temme

That sounds like a great idea Osh, however to do it on such a scale may be problematic and difficult to set up!

That is quite a difficult interview to listen to, he's clearly emotional about the situation, it's good to see his passion for the club given what has happened so far this year.

Fingers crossed the funds are available to pick up a decent Nettie, or give Joe another shot this weekend as apart from the one unlucky bounce he was solid enough the weekend gone.

mazza03

osh said:
Temme said:
Kinda expected this response.

I stand by it, I never for a minute thought he'd finish the season just a shame it was in this manner.

Happy to take plenty more flack so keep 'em coming.

@Kanedevils, refrain from personal attacks, from my experience they aren't tolerated on forums.

Paul, how are these MBA courses funded?

I'm doing a masters currently and the money (£7550 or so) goes out right at the beginning of September.

Or was it half now and half in January...

That hole you're digging just gets bigger and bigger. To post in such an insensitive way as you did on such a very sensitive issue beggars belief. You are questioning a man's integrity at a crucial time in his career and I am sickened by such an attitude as yours. Engage brain before posting in future.
I can't believe a masters degree is £7550, my daughter didn't pay that much for her English one.

Depends on the degree. Mine is £5700 (at Cardiff University, not the institute) and that was a cheap one. I convinced my employer to pay too. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Here goes, pads and helmet on, gum shield in and ready for the backlash.

Am I the only one that thinks Dan LaCosta was damaged goods before he arrived?

Can't help wondering what he was doing last season!

voth26

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Finny said:
In an ideal world I would agree with you, however, I would hope that there would be some sort of insurance In place to cover such incidents, but who knows? We already know that the club is probably paying out as much as they can for the squad we have. So, if no insurance is in place, the club will be liable for DLC's salary if he stays till the end of the season.

Now, we are a very generous lot here in Cardiff - as Tylor Michel will testify - so how about the following idea or something similar. Let's say there are approx 16 weeks to go until the end of the season, I would voluntarily pay £1 into a kitty for each week. I feel sure that somehow, other fans would contribute the same ( only the cost of a match ticket after all ) if we would get 500 fans to do the same, DLC ( or a new netminder ) could be the beneficiary of £500 a week to assist with his stay. Any suggestions welcomed.
Very good idea Osh, I would happily pay £16? to cover a wage for DLC or new nettie, I would guess the easiest way to set up something like this would be either a lump payment say £16 as an example or a DD for say a £1 to run for 16 weeks direct to the club?. im sure with a bit of thought a way could be found

osh

I think the way forward on this idea may be to gain pledges from individuals first and foremost. Once the required pledges have been reached, I would suggest a one off £16 payment to a trusted source, then it could be presented to the club accordingly. If this were to happen it would need maximum publicity i.e a mention in the match programme, leave a flier on each seat at the rink etc etc. any funds that may exceed the wage could of course be donated to the juniors ? To be honest, if only a small amount of pledges were confirmed, it would not be worthwhile seeking funding in the way described.

voth26

£16 x 500 donations = £8k when you do the maths. Does anyone know if this could be done via Pay-pal direct to the club?