LORD

Devil_Abroad

Poor, you came to the conclusion poor, no small.

The pool is SMALL, as in little,as in not many. Compared to U.K. football, which is one of the best leagues in the World. I'm talking premiership as in the top league in the U.K., since the EIHL is top of UK hockey.

For the record, l can't believe I'm having to explain this, when discussing on the Inferno matters relating to or the comparing of Lord or the Devils, my comments unless specifically state otherwise are in the context of UK Ice Hockey or U.K. Sport.

I'd stop with the assumption, it's not really working for you.

It's pretty obvious that your agenda is to disrupt every thread l comment on, your trolling me for some twisted purpose, it's pathetic, childish, obvious and honestly boring, which is a shame because in general, the few times when your replies to people are not arrogant you do contribute.

If you want to apologise to people, actions speak volumes, stop writing utter rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So the top Premier clubs don't look abroad for coaches? You've stated clearly here that you're looking at UK sport only. So UK Premiership clubs have British managers? I'm making no assumptions here, just following your statements.

I don't have an agenda. If I see a post which I understand and agree with then I like it. If I see a post I understand and disagree with and feel I have a different point to make then I will try to do so. If I see a post I can't understand then I try and make sense of it and respond with questions to see if the ambiguity can be cleared up. It's unfortunate that many of these seem to be after your posts.

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

No football managers job is ever safe, non league included. All depends who the owners want, sometimes how well your doing goes out the window. Example, Gary rowett, was manager of Birmingham city, who were 4th in the league, punching above their weight, the owners wanted Zola in charge, rowett was sacked, fans went nuts. Football is very different to most other sports. Success can lead to your downfall. Again, as mentioned before, di matteo, Chelsea, won champs league, sacked. Ancelotti, Madrid, won la liga, sacked. That would never happen in hockey.
If lord wins the league and/or the CC cup, would his job be under threat because the owners wanted someone specific of their choice in charge? Absolutely not.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is mad.

And rempel 16, didn't a non league club, Burton Albion perhaps, get rid of their manager years ago to employ Nigel clough? I'm sure there's other examples too.
I'd agree regarding the Devils because the owners have stuck with Lord. I'd disagree if you're comparing Football to Hockey in general as one very good example against your argument is the Sheffield Steelers.

KaneDevils

If you speak to Arsenal fans who clamour for Wenger to leave and ask the question who would replace him you'd struggle to get 3 names.

I'm sure the owners can muster more than that number if they ever decided that Lord had taken the club as far as he could.

Pellegrini, simeone, Allegri, sampaoli, Thierry Henry, Hiddink, ancelotti, Lowe,

There's 9.

KaneDevils

I'd agree regarding the Devils because the owners have stuck with Lord. I'd disagree if you're comparing Football to Hockey in general as one very good example against your argument is the Sheffield Steelers.

One very good one, granted. Football I could name hundreds.

KaneDevils

I have re-read the whole thread thanks. But I admit I'm struggling to work out what point you and Electro are trying to make. I'm not convinced either of you know either. Electro made an odd statement which took the thread way off-topic and you jumped in to back him up. Presumably because you just want an argument.

So please, explain to me explicitly what your point is:
That if the devils lost the services of lord, for whatever reason, there wouldn't be a long list of recognised, high calibre coach's to replace him. Just potentially some current or ex players. What would be the point in replacing an inexperienced player come coach with another one. Therefore he's probably under a lot less pressure to succeed than say a lot of football managers. That's what the point was .......

I think......

I still can't believe you listed brent pope. DWD
And no finny I'm not posting to argue. I enjoy debating, and I honestly try to back up my points as best I can. Despite l o w levels of provocation. ;)

Last edited:

terry hunt

I never said you were stupid. I said your posts were wrong/stupid. Which they are.
You said football managers get sacked even when they have won league titles, but that would never happen in hockey. Yet when it was pointed out that was exactly what Sheffield did with Adams you brushed it aside and then posted the exact same thing today. There are other examples too. Paul Heavey won a league title and a playoff final between 97 and 99. And then a year later was sacked. Paul Adey won the league with the Giants at a canter and yet his contract wasn't renewed that summer. IIRC the GM was a certain Todd Kelman.

Do you really want me to come up with a list of potential coaches if Lord left? A very strange request but perhaps it's the only way you'll realise how daft your argument is:
Jake Morissette. Scott Hotham. Andrew Hotham, Mark Richardson, Mark Louis, Patrick Asselin, Sean Bentivoglio, David Brine, Matt Myers, Layne Ulmer, Jeff Ulmer, David Clarke, Jono Phillips, Omar Pacha, Danny Stewart, Brent Pope, Dave Whistlle, Gerad Adams, Ryan Finnerty, Mike Duco.

There's 20. How many did you want?
I am concerned about your mental health Finny.
Brent Pope and Finnerty to coach the Cardiff Devils?

E.D.S.

After last years performance and then the playoff debacle I wanted Lord to go. He needs to win things but there's so many ways to assess his performance. If it's trophies then for me he hasn't delivered (conference title and challenge cup). If it's a consistently challenging team that looks like going for the league each year then he's doing a great job.
First and foremost for me, playing wise he is a must. Such a big fan of his.
Only the owners will judge his success or failure.
But I have to agree... no title, no playoffs and no challenge cup would make me question his position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See!! I told you Lord was rubbish and needed to go!
I'm such a jackass. I was big enough dish it out and now I'm big enough to take it. Mr Lord and Mr Kellman, I was wrong.
Thank you for what you've done.

Devil_Abroad

There's nothing wrong with being wrong as that in itself is a double negative which ironically makes it right [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

youngbob

Back in October I mentioned I was feeling "a bit less than optimistic"

I think I also said I'd be glad to be proved wrong.....

Thankfully I don't have a hat to eat!