New goal song

matbur

Thread starter #1
It's impossible to please everyone, but I'm not sure if 'Hey Baby' quite fits as our new goal song.

I'm not adverse to change and not criticising the attempt to try and freshen things up, but having heard it a few times last night, I think it's going to tire pretty quickly.

It's just a little bit too cheesy for me and more reminiscent of a kids party.

Personally, I'd rather something more associated to hockey culture like Pennywise's Bro Hymn, which the Ducks play.

Dont mind the goal song but I’d love a change of goal horn! As a fan of NHL goal horns I’d love something a bit more unique. Have we ever had a different one?

Wannabe2

Unless you go for a timeless instrumental like Brass Bonanza, whatever is chosen is going to get old quick, if it isn't already. The crap by status quo that was played always made me cringe and hey baby is just as awful and dated. May as well play something like this and go full piss take really.

Tunak Tunak Tun | Daler Mehndi | Full Video | Superhit Punjabi Song - YouTube

I've given up on the music, it's always been dirge.
Love it that gets my vote, Curry half and half, a Devils goal, and a pint of Cobra, then when a player scores a hat trick we all throw our Naan bread onto the ice.

Fingers crossed Hey Baby is only a trial during the pre season. It’s great as a post goal chant but for me it doesn’t have the same impact as the previous one which would usually get people clapping at the end. I thought we had the best goal horn in the league so hopefully it’ll be back soon.

Samael

Love it that gets my vote, Curry half and half, a Devils goal, and a pint of Cobra, then when a player scores a hat trick we all throw our Naan bread onto the ice.
Haha! The Cardiff Phaal Devils, nothing hotter. Local curry houses a missing a trick with sponsorship here.

To all those asking for the quo's all stand up to come back.

No.

Just because 'hey baby' doesn't work as a goal song doesn't mean the trash that came before it was any better.

Kevlar68

Yeah, not a song i can even relate to as its so shockingly sickly sweet.
Lets be honest there are hundreds of thousands of songs out there that can be edited to a short sound bite for 10-20 seconds after a goal and that one got the nod.
It's a party song at your aunties 60th birthday, it's a mature persons hen do song, it's a drunken ladies night out, it's attachment to dirty dancing also doesn't give it any relevance to a ice hockey goal apart from Patrick Swayze was in "Youngblood" it's definitely not a goal song that's for sure.
I hear second choice was Shayne Ward - "That's my goal" :D
And 8 times in one game, ears must have been bleeding.

Last edited:

Samael

Lots of truth in the what Kevlar says above.

Given my personal observation that a large chunk of the Devils fanbase and in fact this forum are old women you'd think it would have been more popular lol

Sullivan is just trying to please his target audience and majority of the fans :p:D

I'm not a fan of Rock or Metal but l think something a bit more up tempo and intimidating would be more appropriate. NiN, Sepultura or just use something from a Tarantino film for goodness sake. I also think it should be mixed up so it's not played over and over in one game like it sounds like the case was last night. Have a choice of 3 songs that are randomly played.

Kevlar68

See my music of preference is rock/punk but i explore all music and i like what i like, so my music collection is vast and varied.
I don't think it has to be a metal song, it just needs to be a powerful song, not so much lyrical but the music content, heavy bass, thumping drums, loud and intimidating as Samael has mentioned. Even classical orchestra music can be powerful and disturbing.
There has got to be better than :
"Hey, hey baby (Ooh aah), I wanna know (oh ooh), If you'll be my girl"................ GIRL?
How did that make it to the top of the heap?
I think someone should start a poll on whatever social media platform has the most Devils followers with 10 goal song options and put it over to a fan vote, one vote per fan.
This would also give the fan a sense of being part of the game experience process.

Last edited: