Next Seasons Shirts

Sheincar

redtilldead said:
update, ? now there's a word for the club to go juggle with, i went on the devils main web site to check the price of concession tickets the other week and was confronted with info some 18 months old, no point ringing some one at office or bbt so i did wot a lot of newbees probubly do, i gave up.
Well according the club site we have 11 players for 12/13 season including Frank & VDV & Nina still works for club!!

Sheincar

Nitra said:
Anybody know the cost of sponsoring a jersey this season and if the draw will be at the "meet the players" event?
When I emailed PR with other questions on 4 August I asked this. He seemed to think I wanted to sponsor a player - um NO!! Re-phrased my question on 8 August & his reply was he would need to speak to Brent. No further info received so I won't be bothering this year.

Ger-Devils

Sheincar said:
Nitra said:
Anybody know the cost of sponsoring a jersey this season and if the draw will be at the "meet the players" event?
When I emailed PR with other questions on 4 August I asked this. He seemed to think I wanted to sponsor a player - um NO!! Re-phrased my question on 8 August & his reply was he would need to speak to Brent. No further info received so I won't be bothering this year.
The set 1 shirts will be after the game v the NIHL Devils. I asked Brent/paul about this.

Sheincar

Ger-Devils said:
Sheincar said:
Nitra said:
The set 1 shirts will be after the game v the NIHL Devils. I asked Brent/paul about this.
Sorry but if the club can't be bothered publicly releasing the information I can't be bothered to part with my money. Yet another PR disaster in my book.

Phoned the club this afternoon to enquire about shirt sponsorship and was surprised at how many were left to be sponsored. There were 4 home left and 8 away. One less now!!!

Another one gone now, but some players shifts left that I'd have thought would have gone quickly. Mark Smith, Milam and Ben are three off the top of my head.

Sheincar

bluedevil said:
Another one gone now, but some players shifts left that I'd have thought would have gone quickly. Mark Smith, Milam and Ben are three off the top of my head.
TBH I'm not surprised that they still have unsponsored shirts. I only found out the details on Sunday after the game when you told me. There's nothing on the official site still. Do they want sponsorship or not? As I said I won't be bothering this year.

£175 Jimmy.

Sheincar, I understand and agree it has been advertised terribly...but on the bright side it gives a decent chance to get shirts that would often be gone quickly! Having watched the webcast of the Blaze game the road shirt is lovely and I'm well happy to get Max's.

Sheincar

bluedevil said:
£175 Jimmy.

Sheincar, I understand and agree it has been advertised terribly...but on the bright side it gives a decent chance to get shirts that would often be gone quickly! Having watched the webcast of the Blaze game the road shirt is lovely and I'm well happy to get Max's.
Agreed and it's good that some different people have managed to get a shirt. However 12 unsponsored shirts is bad news financially and all down to a lack of effort.

I have been supporting the devils for many years now but this year I have taken that one step further and 1. Became a ST holder 2.Sponsored Osaer's jersey. :Banana

Let me explain in detail my experience with tryng to part with my £175 to get a jersey of my choice.

I had gone to the meet the players event the day before (which to be honest wasn't advertised the best it could have been) and heard from my friends about the jersey auctioning happening the next day. I had never been to an auction before (due to not knowing about them).After Meet the Players I then went to the game against the EIHL Devils later that day and heard the announcement that to enter the auction to ring the devils office at 10am Monday morning(This announcement should have been repeated as I nearly missed it). I thought this was great as I thought I could be in with a chance of actually getting a jersey by now my mind was made up and I was ringing in the morning to try and grab a jersey. I then got up early the following morning and at 10am rang the devils office to be told that she didn't know what I was talking about and that Paul and Brent are not in the office and that they will ring me when they get back so I hung up slightly confused and just thought I had got the information wrong and It was not today and thought to myself oh well I tried but never mind it wasn't meant to be. I then spoke to my friend who confirmed that it was today so I rang back the office and then was told: "you are x place in the que to be called back" they then said "what players would you like to put down". So after this I was slightly relieved and exited but if it wasn't for me asking my friend who knows about this stuff I would have probably not bothered ringing back or answering the call back I was meant to get as I was embarrassed that I got the information wrong and felt stupid.

So from my experience I don't know how they expect to have new fans sponsor jerseys if they do not release any information publicly so that new fans know what to do. Also just to state the only reason I found out the jersey auction was because I went to the Meet The Players event and went to the NIHL Devils game which both weren't advertised the best they could had been. If it wasn't for my friend telling me and me being a regular fan they would not have had money from me so I do not have a clue how a newbie is meant to find all this out themsleves!!!!!

My point also covers season tickets. To me it feels like the only people that know about ST holder information is people who are ST holders themselves and semi regular fans who want to take that next step (if this makes sense)In my opinion if you want to become a ST holder you have to ASK questions and the information YOURSELF. This should be the opposite way round and current ST holders should be annoyed at the amount of time we see ST adverts at every game toward the end. The Club should be speaking to fans who buy tickets at the door at the end of the season or get a flyers printed and give them out at the door to newbies who buy tickets at the door.

Rant Over
Night

Sheincar

Thing is John it's not just new fans who don't know what's happening, I asked Paul Ragan on 8 August for information about this year's shirt sponsorship & still haven't received any information from him. I applaud your efforts but to my mind fans shouldn't be having to put so much effort into trying to give the club their money. You mentioned a shirt auction - I've only seen that mentioned once & that was by Ger-devils. Yet again no official announcement. I daresay I'm seen as always moaning about the club but I honestly believe their communication to be atrocious & no way to run a business. If PR ran any of his other businesses like this he wouldn't be a millionnaire he'd be a bankrupt.

When I phoned to sponsor mine they had Harding, Hill, M Smith and K Smith home (I sponsored K. Smith)

They also had Harding, M Smith, K Smith, Davies, Millam, Piggot, Birbraer and Hill away.

ASHIPP

Quick call to the Devils' office will tell you which jerseys still available. Thrilled to sponsor Mark Smith for his home jersey. There are several other player jerseys home and away available now.