Panthers Vs Devils - League - 30th Oct 22 - 16:00 FO

august04 2.0

Last night someone posted on another thread that they didn’t know what the "root cause" of our inconsistency is but the coaching staff need to work it out. Or words to that effect.

Well, let me give the coaching staff a clue. It’s the PLAYERS!
Last season we were inconsistent, it’s basically the same team as last season with the same frailties and the same weaknesses!

The balance of the team was all wrong last year and despite what DuPont has claimed we have not addressed those problems at all.

We have not got a bigger, heavier offence and we have not improved puck retention and we have even less net front presence.
And we still crumble and continually turn over the puck when faced with a heavy pressing forecheck!

And the fastest way to lose a game is "Turnovers"!

All my opinion of course!
And throw in the fact that our goaltending is worse this year!

one word......CARRUTH ...massive loss as we only have 2 netties that are average at best..
Not just Carruth, not bringing Register back was a massive mistake. Always steady at the back, swept up a lot and created/scored goals.

Retirement cental in defence with Richardson, Batch and Louis plus there wasn't any upgrades signed. Poor business and it's started to show.

august04 2.0

We lost 2 quality D men in Mikkelsen and Register (with offensive upside too) and replaced them with bang average players who I would argue are “solid” at best In Crawford and Thompson - and Jardine just hasn’t got going really for whatever reason. Louis and Batch, well we know what we're getting from those guys and as a 3rd D pairing, you can’t complain really about them. Add to that inconsistent goaltending, a misfiring attack and a rookie coaching set up and you've got this pretty poor Devils team at the moment, who struggled to qualify in the CC and aren't exactly setting the league alight either. The one very good forward line we had, well we had to split that up to cover for the inadequacies of Reid and Crandall and DuPont doesn’t seem to know what to do with Joey Martin. It's a bit of a mess.

kingmo19.1

Sounds like a bit of a shambols - lines still unsettled, square pegs/round holes comes to mind, team has no identity or consistency!

Surely a starting point would be keeping the proven CCS line together then if the other lines refuse to click then really that’s an area to look at in terms of changing personnel! Worrying the team is still searching for any chemistry and consistency!

We lost 2 quality D men in Mikkelsen and Register (with offensive upside too) and replaced them with bang average players who I would argue are “solid” at best In Crawford and Thompson - and Jardine just hasn’t got going really for whatever reason. Louis and Batch, well we know what we're getting from those guys and as a 3rd D pairing, you can’t complain really about them. Add to that inconsistent goaltending, a misfiring attack and a rookie coaching set up and you've got this pretty poor Devils team at the moment, who struggled to qualify in the CC and aren't exactly setting the league alight either. The one very good forward line we had, well we had to split that up to cover for the inadequacies of Reid and Crandall and DuPont doesn’t seem to know what to do with Joey Martin. It's a bit of a mess.
yep, we know with Batch and Louis we will get 1 hit a game and very minimal effort

BostonBart22

Has dupont lost the locker room , all this line changes must be doing the players heads in, cant be good for morale in the squad. with guildford beating sheffield we are 10 points behind them with 3 games in hand, and other teams around us improving.

The really, really frustrating thing for me is that, (along with a couple of other forum regulars) I could look back on my posts regarding last season’s problems and I could "cut and paste" them en masse and they would still be relevant!

I think it’s beyond this team’s capabilities to string together any sort of consistent form needed to win the league so i just hope the Flames can win in it our absence and deny Belfast and Sheffield!