Playoff Finals - Nottingham 2013

Have Hope#35

Took me a couple of minutes to get through, lady on the other end was very helpful and I was able to request a Block and Row, plus I have the same seats for both days!

They can also email the tickets across in order to avoid the £2 postage charge! All in all very easy :D

Diafol

I did it online this morning.

Picked the seats I wanted for the weekend, all paid and sorted by 9.05 am.

An absolute doddle.

Earnie

Seemingly a stink going on because Nottingham fans are buying up tickets in the Cardiff Blocks. At least the other way with Mags doing it they could not do that until we had returned what we did not want.

Technically we could buy in Nottingham space.
1. On line (maybe a problem I have not envisaged)
2.On phone if you do not have a heavy Welsh accent and are not named Jones or Jenkins and say you are not a season ticket holder.

Have Hope#35

Surely if Nottingham are hi-jacking a Block then they'd be intelligent enough to hi-jack the Blocks next to their allocated fans? If there's a few rogue Nottingham fans in some of the oppositions blocks then god help them!

CDSL said:
Red Army Supporters are in discussions with the club regarding whether any tickets will be sold from the sales desk. We will provide an update as soon as we have the information.
So is there any further news from the Club regarding this?

Paul Sullivan

Have Hope#35 said:
Surely if Nottingham are hi-jacking a Block then they'd be intelligent enough to hi-jack the Blocks next to their allocated fans? If there's a few rogue Nottingham fans in some of the oppositions blocks then god help them!
You would think so, but apparently (from speaking to a friend in Notts) there is a decent sized, bloody-minded contingent of ST holders who have always resented not being able to buy their usual ST seat for the POFW, regardless of which team's block it had become for the weekend.

This move has, of course, played straight into their hands.

Baffling, but true.

drainage

Paul Sullivan said:
Have Hope#35 said:
You would think so, but apparently (from speaking to a friend in Notts) there is a decent sized, bloody-minded contingent of ST holders who have always resented not being able to buy their usual ST seat for the POFW, regardless of which team's block it had become for the weekend.

This move has, of course, played straight into their hands.

Baffling, but true.
So the NIC being a neutral venue for play offs has not been understood!! Hopefully they are well outnumbered and live to regret such blinkered views!

For heavens sake it's one weekend !!

Finny

Hopefully this disaster will be the final straw that forces the EIHL to move it to another venue.

Though knowing the EIHL, they won't.

Paul Sullivan

Finny said:
Hopefully this disaster will be the final straw that forces the EIHL to move it to another venue.

Pretty sure this is the first year of the five-year deal that was announced last year at the POFW. Though it could be the second year, announced the year before. They all merge into one. The Castle has a lot to answer for :D

Gazza272

Paul Sullivan said:
Finny said:

Pretty sure this is the first year of the five-year deal that was announced last year at the POFW. Though it could be the second year, announced the year before. They all merge into one. The Castle has a lot to answer for :D

They announced the 5 year deal at a playoff weekend I was at and I didn't go last year so that should help the time lines! :lol:

Paul Sullivan

Gazza272 said:
Paul Sullivan said:
Finny said:

They announced the 5 year deal at a playoff weekend I was at and I didn't go last year so that should help the time lines! :lol:
I'd love to blame age, but sadly when it comes to the POFW its always the Castle or Bunkers' fault...

For me I happen to think the NIC is about perfect for the event. It's not the venue, it's the staging people have issues with. Slap bang in the middle of the city, 7k ish capacity, good hotels, pubs, bars & restaurants very close by and great venue itself.

If they could sort the Panthers home room issues, jazz up the actual presentation a LOT more, and extend the offering for fans (second ice pad village like the first year or two) I really don't think anyone would complain. It's the law of diminishing returns in action that we have seen the last 3/4 years that I believe makes the customers angry.

This ticketing fiasco (even though I can kind of understand why they did it) that has really iced the POFW cake for the undecideds.

CDSL said:
Ger-Devils said:
I'm sure the Devils office will sort later on but CDSL normally sort at their desk.

Maybe easier to get someone who's going to the rink to sort for you?
Red Army Supporters are in discussions with the club regarding whether any tickets will be sold from the sales desk. We will provide an update as soon as we have the information.
Apologies for the delay in providing an update. As confirmed at last night's fan forum all ticketing for Cardiff's blocks will be sold by the Nottingham Arena.

Have Hope#35

Anyone else left wondering why they were in such a rush to purchase their Playoff Tickets? Here's hoping Osaer's replacement is something special... Not that I wanted him out in the first place!

Earnie

Well , not really. I book my accommodation early December and have no idea if my team will be there or not. It will be hard to make it to the final four this year - more so now!!

Diafol

Same here, I book my hotel for playoff weekend never knowing if the Devils will make it - it's always a great weekend regardless of who's playing.