Playoffs qualifiers...

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
So after tonights results, the playoff games are sorted...

Devils vs Steelers
Blaze vs Stingrays
Panthers vs Capitals
Giants vs Vipers

So how do we see this panning out? Myself I think the top 3 will be through without too much problem, Panthers v Capitals probably the most exciting matchup involving the top 3 though.

As for us, i'm not too sure, we seemed to want to avoid the Steelers and now we've ended up with them, they've certainly improved since the start of the season so it could be another nailbiter end to the season for us...

Chris.

A

Anonymous

We will certainly have to be on our game to beat the Steelers over the 2 legs. Theyve been strong of late and have some good players. That said, so do we, and we all know we can beat anyone. Should be a gripping 2 legs. When will we know if we will be home or away first? If were at home on the Sunday I might not be able to go, I will be totally gutted :(

kettdevil1

Wannabe2 said:
Finalists
Devils
Blaze
Giants
Caps.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
I would take that...

Panthers/Caps could be the most interesting tie if KSP is still out. I wouldn't write off the Stingrays either, they are having a decent end to the season and the Blaze have wobbled recently.

The Giants haven't got a great record of getting to Nottingham but I suspect that they might have a bit too much for the Vipers

Won't comment on our game other than to say it is going to be a tight game.

TheDevilTorn said:
We will certainly have to be on our game to beat the Steelers over the 2 legs. Theyve been strong of late and have some good players. That said, so do we, and we all know we can beat anyone. Should be a gripping 2 legs. When will we know if we will be home or away first? If were at home on the Sunday I might not be able to go, I will be totally gutted :(
Won't we definitely be home on the Saturday as Steelers have already started selling tickets for the Sunday... even though it should be up to us as we finished higher

Ger-Devils said:
We're home on the Sat. Devils pencilled in the 27th for their game and the ENL2 are playing down the rink on the Sunday
Did we really have a choice in the matter though - apparently Steelers have been selling tickets for the Sunday for ages.

I don't want to tempt fate or anything, but are the semi-final matches drawn or do the winners of 1 v 8 play winnners of 4 v 5 etc, and then 2 v 7 against 3 v 6? That would probably mean Blaze for us if we did beat Steelers?

A

Anonymous

Ger-Devils said:
We're home on the Sat. Devils pencilled in the 27th for their game and the ENL2 are playing down the rink on the Sunday
Awesome, that means I can go :D I do think its better to play away first mind you. Usually works out well in the footy. I did see that Steelers are selling tickets for the Sunday but there was a bit of uncertainty as to wether or not we would decide as the higher placed team. Perhaps they can change that for next season. Surely the team finishing higher should have the right to choose to play home or away first? Depending on circumstance I guess.

BTW, is anyone else unable to get on the Devils website? Keeps coming up "Server error in application"

Well in the Echo yesterday it stated thet if we played caps then we would play home on saturday, but if we played steelers G was very keen to play the home game on sunday. Even thou steelers have started selling the tickets for the sunday, on steeltalk someone said that the sunday date could change depending on who they played. I'm hoping for a sunday game myself so I don't have to cut short a weekend away :)

A

Anonymous

Yeah I remember you saying. Thing is, if the Steelers have already sold tickets for sunday home game and it was then changed, how would that work. Seems odd that they went on sale before anything was finalised?

Final four:

Blaze
Giants
Caps
Steelers

Simms said that if we drew Notts then we'd more than likely be playing the home game on the Saturday but if we drew Cardiff we'd more than likely be playing at home on the Sunday.

And it wouldn't be at all fair to move the ENL2 game from the Sunday would it! ;)

A

Anonymous

kettdevil1 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Seems odd that they went on sale before anything was finalised?
Only odd till you see who is behind it.... ;)
Aye, good point !
Holl_5 Thats not official though is it? Seems Simms usually gets what he wants though right? ;)

Gazza272

TheDevilTorn said:
kettdevil1 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Seems odd that they went on sale before anything was finalised?
Only odd till you see who is behind it.... ;)
Aye, good point !
Holl_5 Thats not official though is it? Seems Simms usually gets what he wants though right? ;)

Well no it cant be official, thats why the original poster said that it was stated as 'more than likely' So no official word from the Steelers merely a heads up to fans on what they expect to happen, but making sure fans know it is subject to change.

At least thats how i read it.

A

Anonymous

I was being slightly sarcastic Gazza. IMO it should be more clear whats going on, instead of us all speculating. Call me inpatient but shouldn't this all be sorted out by now?

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #16
How on earth could it have been sorted before today?

The games weren't set until last night, if results had gone differently they wouldn't be set until tonight...

The teams will have wanted to see who they were playing before sorting out travel arrangements and where the 1st legs would be.

Chris.

if you listen to simseys blog they aint sure if there home on the sat or sun,surely its our decsion on this,personally i want to be home sunday we will know excatly what we gota do at the tent and with a bumper home crowd im sure we can do it

just a thought why dont we play on wednesday night at home
Holl_5 said:
Final four:

Blaze
Giants
Caps
Steelers

Simms said that if we drew Notts then we'd more than likely be playing the home game on the Saturday but if we drew Cardiff we'd more than likely be playing at home on the Sunday.

And it wouldn't be at all fair to move the ENL2 game from the Sunday would it! ;)

drainage

Doesnt the higher placed team get the choice ? Surely we'd prefer home for second leg ? If Sheffield have been selling tickets then that might be an own goal ! Not sure its their call ....