Salters joins Devils

Ocko

Considering Mychan was a healthy scratch for the last 2 months of the season I would be amazed to see him back.

On current signings I think we'd be looking at a player of a bit more quality.

Huge addition to the roster!!

Does anybody else agree that the rest of the league are sitting up and taking notice of the rise and rise of the Cardiff Devils?
:D

Wannabe2

Devil May Care said:
Huge addition to the roster!!

Does anybody else agree that the rest of the league are sitting up and taking notice of the rise and rise of the Cardiff Devils?
:D
They will all be looking up at us when the season starts. :lol:

3 incredible signings so far, this has got the makings of an all star team. Considering Franny said there were only 3 players playing for other EIHL teams they would consider signing and we've got 2 of them, who else have they got their eyes on??? Hopefully the team will maintain the amazing chemistry that we had last year with what could be quite a few new players coming in! That will be the challenge for Lordo/Fran/Todd.
Still looking forward to when the Brit signings are announced :evil:

SteveKing

So the way I'm looking at this, last year the Devils had 6 players in the top 25 in league scoring. If all of them come back, we've also just added two other top 25 scorers (pro-rating Doucet's totals for a whole season). So 8 of the top 25 scorers on one team??? That can't be a bad thing.

Lordo is outdoing himself and its only the middle of May!

With my beloved Flames getting eliminated last night, it's officially Devils season again and I can't believe how excited I am for the season to start.

Wannabe2

SteveKing said:
So the way I'm looking at this, last year the Devils had 6 players in the top 25 in league scoring. If all of them come back, we've also just added two other top 25 scorers (pro-rating Doucet's totals for a whole season). So 8 of the top 25 scorers on one team??? That can't be a bad thing.

With my beloved Flames getting eliminated last night, it's officially Devils season again and I can't believe how excited I am for the season to start.
You may be excited over there, we are wetting ourselves over here. Devils best player re-signs, Panthers best player signed, Braeheads best player signed, best Coach in the league signed, best GM in the league signed, best owners in the league signed, best fans on this Planet signed. We are most certainly in Lala Land at this moment in time, one things for sure, the other pretenders are bricking it. This is without a doubt the best off season ever, and that's from the very first season. Anyone who hasn't bought there season ticket yet better hurry to avoid disappointment, just one last thing to say.
Happy Hockey Days

Ocko

Salters is the closest thing to Mike MacWilliam, since Mike MacWilliam.

Voth was tough but Salters is among the top 3 in the league for toughness. He is terrifying to play against but takes very little PIMs.

jimmy snels

oh my days this is a massive signing for us. He's a beast who scores, hits and fights. Someone we really missed since brad stopped. Im pant wettingly excited to see our team next season already!

mazza03

SteveKing said:

We have you and your gang to thank for the new Devils and Tod, Lordo and Franny for the superb signings so far, excited? You bet I am.

Great acquisition for us. Salters plays a hard physical game and knows where the net is whilst accumulating very few PIMs

I think he was on the wishlist of many Devils fans but I doubt many of us expected us to successfully capture his signature.

I'm hoping this spells the end for Mychan rather than Clarkson. It just didn't work out here and I wish Jesse well but Clarkson adds some solid secondary scoring, is capable of scrapping and his hockey brain is better in my eyes.

Very excited to see Salters cause chaos on the small BBT ice and the larger IAW.

Todd Kelman is the master of EIHL poaching. Interested to know if Franny and Lords third target from last years EIHL is still available and who it was/is. Given he mentioned it, I'd assume they're still pursuing him.

We'll soon find out, welcome to Cardiff, Leigh!

Chuffed to bits to land such a stellar signing as I imagine he would be top of most fans wish list.
Would be great to peg him down in Cardiff for a few seasons in the same way as Voth and build teams around him.
Really do feel that the dynamics of the league have changed almost overnight because of our superb owners, coach, management team etc and I can't wait to see how the rest of the squad shapes up for the new season.