Salters joins Devils

Mooney#16 said:
That Bissonnette guy is pretty tough, can hit and would put up good numbers as a defenceman. Just saying.
I think Biz will be here either this October or November or for the 2016/17 season after one last chance at a NHL training camp. Yes he is pretty tough lol

bdevil

jimmy snels said:
I think he might re sign clarkson for additional toughness, as well as a mean dman.
Just watch Batchy blossom into one hell of a mean d-man.. Him and Hendrikx have the potential (if they aren't already) to be the toughest a meanest d partnership in the league!

Slartibartfast

I searched 'Leigh Salters goals' on you tube and all I got was fights. Loads of them. Boy this guy can fight.

I kept searching though because I wanted to see his hockey ability. I found this match between Braehead and Dundee and it really shows the class of Salters who scores the second and third goal.

At that end Finnerty describes him as the best power forward in the league and I think he may well be right.

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRxPLciK024

Koop11

I received a call last Monday about this news as I was driving the family down to West Wales for the week and I couldn’t believe it. This is a huge signing for so many reasons. Arguably one of the most productive power forwards in the league who also happens to be one of the toughest. Still a young guy too. The statement of intent with the first three import signings is enormous and they don’t come much bigger than signing Leigh Salters.

Well done again to Lord, Franny, Kelman and co. Welcome to Cardiff Mr Salters.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on the thread yet.... but considering he left a club that's going to Europe speaks volumes for 1. Him, he definatly seems like he wants to play here. And 2. How good franny and Co are at recruitment. Over the moon with this! Really impressed with his style of play!

Have Hope#35

philrowlands31 said:
I don't know if it's been mentioned on the thread yet.... but considering he left a club that's going to Europe speaks volumes for 1. Him, he definatly seems like he wants to play here. And 2. How good franny and Co are at recruitment. Over the moon with this! Really impressed with his style of play!
He or someone mentioned in an interview that the big reason for him joining us was the MBA Package! I'm sure there were other attractions also mind.