Salters joins Devils

Finny

Ocko said:
Salters is the closest thing to Mike MacWilliam, since Mike MacWilliam.

Voth was tough but Salters is among the top 3 in the league for toughness. He is terrifying to play against but takes very little PIMs.
Is he really that tough?
I noticed him more for his goal scoring last year, but then when you have Fitzgerald and Frank on your team you're not going to have much need to play the tough guy role.

ASHIPP

Incredible. Is this real? When was the last time calibre players from other UK clubs wanted to join ours?

Salters is the real deal as a power forward. The closest to replacing the Vother's role since Brad's retirement. Leigh will be an instant fan favorite.

Finny said:
But is he MacWilliam tough?
As I still class MacWilliam as the toughest guy to ever play over here.
Have to agree, MacWilliam was the toughest player ever to play in this league. However Paxton Schulte was quite a customer but no MacWilliam.

DevilDom

SteveKing said:
So the way I'm looking at this, last year the Devils had 6 players in the top 25 in league scoring. If all of them come back, we've also just added two other top 25 scorers (pro-rating Doucet's totals for a whole season). So 8 of the top 25 scorers on one team??? That can't be a bad thing.

Lordo is outdoing himself and its only the middle of May!

With my beloved Flames getting eliminated last night, it's officially Devils season again and I can't believe how excited I am for the season to start.
Have you let the cat out of the bag Steve? :lol:
Does that mean we have Walton, Mo, Haddad and Hotham signed up? :RAWK
Happy Days! :D

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
SteveKing said:
So the way I'm looking at this, last year the Devils had 6 players in the top 25 in league scoring. If all of them come back, we've also just added two other top 25 scorers (pro-rating Doucet's totals for a whole season). So 8 of the top 25 scorers on one team??? That can't be a bad thing.

Lordo is outdoing himself and its only the middle of May!

With my beloved Flames getting eliminated last night, it's officially Devils season again and I can't believe how excited I am for the season to start.
Have you let the cat out of the bag Steve? :lol:
Does that mean we have Walton, Mo, Haddad and Hotham signed up? :RAWK
Happy Days! :D
Sounds to me like it's in Lordo, Franny & TK's hands! I'd take those 4 back though with a sprinkling of Bowns, Batch & Richardson... Maybe Lachowicz too?

Devil94

Thread starter #50
Will be interesting to see if we get a new brit in such as Lacho, if we manage to re sign all of our remaining Brits from last year. Especially as the money saved from Myers has released funds for very high quality imports so far.
If we do keep them, then it would probably be 4 import D's and 8 import forwards. If we kept Myers it would be easy to play the top 3 lines with him, but are we going to put Piggott or most likely CJ in there, or have a top level Brit and play the 3 solid lines with CJ and Piggott to bac up.

This might be the longest off season ever.

Rempel16

Devil94 said:
Will be interesting to see if we get a new brit in such as Lacho, if we manage to re sign all of our remaining Brits from last year. Especially as the money saved from Myers has released funds for very high quality imports so far.
If we do keep them, then it would probably be 4 import D's and 8 import forwards. If we kept Myers it would be easy to play the top 3 lines with him, but are we going to put Piggott or most likely CJ in there, or have a top level Brit and play the 3 solid lines with CJ and Piggott to bac up.

I would imagine that if we sign Bowns, Batch and Richardson then we will go with 4 import D and 9 import F.

Piggott and Jones will be 10th/11th forwards.

Rempel16 said:
Devil94 said:

I would imagine that if we sign Bowns, Batch and Richardson then we will go with 4 import D and 9 import F.

Totally agree with this. You only run four lines if you have a quality fourth line, not one made for its sake. I will go with three solid import lines! Don'tDon't need to replace Myers with another Brit.

Devil94

Thread starter #58
Devil May Care said:
Rempel16 said:
Devil94 said:

Totally agree with this. You only run four lines if you have a quality fourth line, not one made for its sake. I will go with three solid import lines! Don'tDon't need to replace Myers with another Brit.
Yes apologies, still thought it was 12 imports. In that case, no real need for another Brit.

Devil94

Thread starter #59
Do you think Lord will go for another tough guy? With Salters's numbers we will want him on the ice as much as possible.