Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

kettdevil1

Penny...

And Blair Riley before him.
Blair Riley's points production was significantly down after he joined us, although I loved having him here as it really upset Belfast :)..... Penny, hmmmmm also down, although to be fair he was brought in as a shutdown expert.

The more I think about it, the more I stand by my throwaway comment. Bar Josh Waller (and I am sure there will be another obvious exception!), the general rule appears to be.... don't sign players from other EIHL clubs :)

JC23

Blair Riley's points production was significantly down after he joined us, although I loved having him here as it really upset Belfast :)..... Penny, hmmmmm also down, although to be fair he was brought in as a shutdown expert.

The more I think about it, the more I stand by my throwaway comment. Bar Josh Waller (and I am sure there will be another obvious exception!), the general rule appears to be.... don't sign players from other EIHL clubs :)
I’d have to agree, since the new ownership the only player I’d say has really stepped up a lot (aside from Waller who I’m discounting due to age) is Bownsy.

As for imports:- Doucet, Salters, Faryna (although he had his highest goals tally), Mosey, Riley, Penny all had their lowest point production in the EIHL with us.

Obviously this doesn’t take into account their role on the team etc, or the job they did as a player, but based purely on points, they never delivered the same in a Devils uniform.

Ocko

Part of the problem with that is that almost all the players mentioned were studs for their teams prior to coming and playing 1st minute minutes and situations, PP etc. The Devils 1st line barely changed from 2014-2020, with most tweaks coming from within. New players had to settle for lesser roles so it was always hard to replicate.

Devils86

CaldicotDevil

Whilst I was surprised to see this (obviously Greenfield is not a fan of titles lol) my main surprise was that the Steelers got their own news out ahead of the Star - maybe that's why they do announcements at 5:50am!

Great news for the league. We need to be keeping our best players and improving on the quality on-ice.
Report also suggests Fox is staying on as Head Coach.

Earnie

Calgary Flames - one point two billion dollars agreed for new Arena to replace the old Saddledome.
Come on Cardiff Council, take note haha!