ST in new arena

drainage

DevilDom said:
Uh oh .......... here we go.

Can we not just let dead dogs lie.
If that's at my post no dogs to let lie! Someone questioned why people paid my reply was at the time no one knew anything was up do no reason not to

I also said no reason for anyone to be unhappy more than enough seats to go around

For me Regans tenure is over dead and buried just wondering why people are questioning why people parted with money in good faith at the time ,,,,,,,no reason to suggests the sleeping dogs are not sleeping still

jodysstillagirlsname said:
wildthing74 said:
Must admit I would have 'lost' the list if I inherited this issue off the previous owners :D This has been an issue which was always going to cause them problems not of their own doing.

I'm stunned that it has caused so much segregation among our fans in the past as with nearly 1000 more seats and us all likely to select similar location to what we had in BBT/WNIR I can't see how 1 single person will miss out?Sadly groups may get split up but if friends are not as high up and you want to keep your priority it can't be helped.

Would be great if the talked about 'super block' came off and all the loud ones sit in the same area and really get the atmosphere going.

I am more stunned that 428 people paid cash to someone who had no right to sell them what they paid for. I think they are extremely lucky that the new organisation are going to honour it, but as John says there are plenty of seats to go around and I will still have a great view and the bonus is I wouldn't have parted with my cash to someone who almost destroyed the club
Because 428 of us are not stupid, the tender for the new arena was agreed at the time so the owner had every right, the fact the council changed its mind and it was delayed was unforeseen but by then we had parted with our money. Yes we are fortunate that we have honourable new owners

Sheincar

Thread starter #23
jodysstillagirlsname said:
wildthing74 said:
Must admit I would have 'lost' the list if I inherited this issue off the previous owners :D This has been an issue which was always going to cause them problems not of their own doing.

I'm stunned that it has caused so much segregation among our fans in the past as with nearly 1000 more seats and us all likely to select similar location to what we had in BBT/WNIR I can't see how 1 single person will miss out?Sadly groups may get split up but if friends are not as high up and you want to keep your priority it can't be helped.

Would be great if the talked about 'super block' came off and all the loud ones sit in the same area and really get the atmosphere going.

I am more stunned that 428 people paid cash to someone who had no right to sell them what they paid for. I think they are extremely lucky that the new organisation are going to honour it, but as John says there are plenty of seats to go around and I will still have a great view and the bonus is I wouldn't have parted with my cash to someone who almost destroyed the club
It also depends on why 428 paid money. All that was required was membership of the supporters club; in exchange I got a large discount on some work in my house. The priority ST is a bonus as far as I'm concerned because I never expected Ragan to honour it.

BostonBart22

great news the new arena will be up and running soon, not trying to rock the boat but would it have been a good idea for the rest of season in the new aren to have a rover ticket on a first come first served basis, then it would give s.t holders a free reign to sit where they like for the remainder of the season to decide on what seat they would like to have at start of next season, it would save a lot of work for todd and co mid season.

Have Hope#35

BostonBart22 said:
great news the new arena will be up and running soon, not trying to rock the boat but would it have been a good idea for the rest of season in the new aren to have a rover ticket on a first come first served basis, then it would give s.t holders a free reign to sit where they like for the remainder of the season to decide on what seat they would like to have at start of next season, it would save a lot of work for todd and co mid season.
Personally I think that might have been even more chaotic! IMO I think that once we're in picking our seats there'll be less problems than people think.

wildthing74 said:
I think the block 3 lot can carry a few stragglers from block 2 if they up their game.
Me n my daughter can't be ST holders due to other commitments around swimming galas but we take in as many games as we can. We love the banter sitting close to the bloke 3 bunch. Can you post where you guys will be sitting once you know?

Cheers

Kev

wildthing74 said:
Must admit I would have 'lost' the list if I inherited this issue off the previous owners :D This has been an issue which was always going to cause them problems not of their own doing..
You'd have deliberately lost it!!!!!! Why would you want to deny ST holders the opportunity to obtain what they'd bought?

wildthing74 said:
......all likely to select similar location to what we had in BBT/WNIR I can't see how 1 single person will miss out?......
I really hope so. But, do think ST holders of BBT seats in the 'royal box' (front row / dress circle...on the half way line ) are going to want half way line , front row seats...at close to GROUND LEVEL ) ? What about any seat in the current front row, for that matter.

Sheincar

Thread starter #32
schulersagoodun said:
wildthing74 said:
Must admit I would have 'lost' the list if I inherited this issue off the previous owners :D This has been an issue which was always going to cause them problems not of their own doing..
You'd have deliberately lost it!!!!!! Why would you want to deny ST holders the opportunity to obtain what they'd bought?

wildthing74 said:
......all likely to select similar location to what we had in BBT/WNIR I can't see how 1 single person will miss out?......
I really hope so. But, do think ST holders of BBT seats in the 'royal box' (front row / dress circle...on the half way line ) are going to want half way line , front row seats...at close to GROUND LEVEL ) ? What about any seat in the current front row, for that matter.
In all honesty I would guess that current seated STH will be looking for pretty much the equivalent of their current seats. The group I sit with at back of block 2 are looking for back of block, on blue line, behind bench - so exactly same as now.

mazza03

Sheincar said:
schulersagoodun said:
wildthing74 said:

wildthing74 said:
In all honesty I would guess that current seated STH will be looking for pretty much the equivalent of their current seats. The group I sit with at back of block 2 are looking for back of block, on blue line, behind bench - so exactly same as now.
+1

Sheincar said:
schulersagoodun said:
wildthing74 said:

wildthing74 said:
Are those seats not occupied at the moment by people in block 3 ? The way the club are doing this would enable people from other blocks to take those seats if they are higher up on the list and that will cause some friction. Having said that I think the club has thought long and hard on how best to do this and I cant think of a better way to do it.

Have Hope#35

fried egg said:
Are those seats not occupied at the moment by people in block 3 ? The way the club are doing this would enable people from other blocks to take those seats if they are higher up on the list and that will cause some friction. Having said that I think the club has thought long and hard on how best to do this and I cant think of a better way to do it.
No... The back of Block 3 is half way! Blueline is Block 2 (Devils End) & Block 4 (Away End)

ASHIPP

This was always going to be a complicated matter and there will be some people who won't be able to sit exactly where they are now and won't be happy.

Think the Club have handled this really well - fairly and in a scheduled, organised way.

James

Administrator
Yep its difficult to see a way the club can win with this one. It was always a shitty hand they'd been left with. By putting the process up early and clearly at least they can say we are all aware of it. Some people aren't going to be happy but thats the nature of it.

drainage

ASHIPP said:
This was always going to be a complicated matter and there will be some people who won't be able to sit exactly where they are now and won't be happy.

Think the Club have handled this really well - fairly and in a scheduled, organised way.
To be honest with 2000 more seats than ST holders am sure we can all find something , we have been told there is no bad view anywhere!

Not sure we will all go for a like for like option ....,.I sit front of block , with the elevated seating in BBT this is fine but wouldnt (I dont think) want to be that far forward in the new rink - but still think there is going to be plenty of choice !

I also sit opposite side of rink from other half ...... mind that may be a good thing :) :)

Mooney#16

I get the impression the first few rows will not be brilliant to watch the game. You have the large gap to the boards and glass and there is therefore no real height to see the game from. It's going to be back of the block for us I reckon.

jimmy snels

Glad they stuck to what they promised. Might have been an idiot to pay it but i did so it's good to see it remain the system. I'll let you all know what the views are like if its split up in small groups, straight away :Ninja :Ninja :Ninja