steelers Vs Devils - League - 10th Sept 22

Hockeymad

I have a very good feeling about this year's team

Yes we are always going to be challenging because thereare only 3 other teams that can compete lol.

But I reckon this year we could well and truly the one to beat.

MA18

Great win! Plenty of players stepping up against Steelers shithousery and not taking a backwards step.
Bowns improved since the start of the pre season games.
Duggan punching above his weight..again.
think this could all come together nicely.

Samael

Good to see us turn over the Steelers in a league opener. Duggan on fire right now, hope that continues and he has a stellar season.

you gotta love the the road cone in the video behind the plexiglass showing the ref he has just learned to count to four

Last edited:

matbur

It's kicked off on Twitter. A number of Steelers fans have made some pretty damming accusations.

Going off the replies from Devils fans in attendance, Im certain the accusations are bollucks
Some serious issues all round there if that is accurate. Completely unacceptable and need to be indentified swiftly, if true - same applies for staff who allegedly failed to deal with it.

kettdevil1

Some serious issues all round there if that is accurate. Completely unacceptable and need to be indentified swiftly, if true - same applies for staff who allegedly failed to deal with it.
Agree. It’s a strange one, if true then anyone caught doing this should be banned and reported to the authorities, absolutely unacceptable. Having said that, I did not hear anything like the allegations and the stewards there are normally pretty good and approachable so it all feels a bit odd.

E.D.S.

Probably just the “Lou Lou Lou Lou Lou” chant. Find it hard to imagine that we’ve all turned into fundamental racists during the off season.

kettdevil1

Back to the game.... a rather more low key game (despite the frequent swapping of niceties at every whistle) than some in Sheffield. Steelers really didn't look ready for the new season and from about the second minute there was only going to be one winner. No lack of effort and a decent forecheck from the Devils and the change in style from last season is obvious.

There was too many sloppy passes to make it wholly comfortable but, when needed, Bowns was superb and great to see Duggs get 2+1. The officiating was a bit random, as mentioned Brandt got away with both leaving the bench and joining a melee, but didn't impact on the result.

Brittain plays a smart game but I am still not totally convinced the lines are balanced yet - Crandall is not a great fit for that line and I wonder if Waller might be swapped in for future games?

If I was a Sheffield fan I would be a little concerned about the ease of the winner but as a Devils fan I was delighted by the effort and the change in style.

Devil94

Yes Crandall is one of the smartest and best set up guys in the league. I feel he's a bit wasted down on the 3rd line with no out and out goalscorer with him.
I totally get wanting scoring depth throughout the lines but it's not quite right yet for me. Splitting him and Reid up has made both of them far quieter so far this year.

Finny

Or, it could be absolute nonsense?

Strange how the only people who heard these racist chants were a group of young girls who had spent the game taunting the devils fans, and their friends who were on the opposite side of the arena.
None of the devils fans heard it.
None of the steelers fans heard it.
None of the Sheffield Arena staff heard it.

And when the girls apparently reported it the Sheffield Arena management told them racism was ok.

Or maybe, the girls made it up.

Or, it could be absolute nonsense?

Strange how the only people who heard these racist chants were a group of young girls who had spent the game taunting the devils fans, and their friends who were on the opposite side of the arena.
None of the devils fans heard it.
None of the steelers fans heard it.
None of the Sheffield Arena staff heard it.

And when the girls apparently reported it the Sheffield Arena management told them racism was ok.

Or maybe, the girls made it up.
Correct. Those girls were being a pain the whole game and we’re just sour that they lost. I heard absolutely no racism at all from any Devils fan anywhere near where I was sat