Voth vs Mcmorrow

august04

Chris said:
It'll be like Towe v Hutchins, but worse.
Chris.
I very much doubt that. I think you underestimate Voth's strength. Even when he's on the losing side in fights, he tends to be strong enough to hold on and stifle his opponents. I've never really seen him take an absolute hammering and he's smart enough to know when to throw bombs and when to grab. He's managed to do that against bigger and stronger opponents than McMorrow. He may lose if they fight, but I just can't see it being a total mismatch like Towe v Hutchins was. I think everyone is getting a bit carried away with this. If they fight, and we have a sensible ref (may be too much to ask I know!), 5 minutes each for fighting and let's get on with the game. As long as it doesn't spill over into anything stupid, that's fine. Usually the better fighters have a bit more respect for eachother and abide by this "code". Hopefully, that will be the case on the weekend.

Personally hope Voth doesnt fight with Sean because, Voth is worth much more to Devils than Sean is to the Giants, though Sean hasnt fought at home yet so he will probably want to make a point and try and goad Voth into it.

In the programme Franny said he wouldn't want any of our players to go with Mcmorrow especially Voth as it would be a trade down in the penalty box.

I hope he trys to and Voth skates away.

Gazza272 said:
I'm not worried about any ban i'm worried we'll lose an influential player for an utter donkey, his comments on the weekend were nothing more than those from a hockey caveman desperatly trying to keep his role in the game/team alive.
Agreed. Sean McMopped-up has always been more talk than talent. If he was that tough he'd be in the show, so if they do go, I hope Voth demolishes him.

Baz

Rempel16

Am I the only person who actually wants to see them fight?

I think it's important that these characters remain in the game, Sheffield have shown us what turning your team into a 'borefest' does for the crowd numbers, British hockey has to have these sort of matchups in order to survive.

Unfortunately the hockey isn't always skillful or exciting enough in the Elite league to keep people interested.

The day we lose these tough guys from the British game is the day the British game will die imo.

wildthing74

All this talk about Vother and as likely as it is we will see them go,I wouldn't be surprised to somebody like G drop them to let Brad get on with doing more damage to them on the ice.
Not saying he would be a match for him but could easily see him stepping up for the good of the team.

If I was a neutral Rempel16 I would definately want to see the fight, but from my perspective as a Devils fan, I tend to think that McMorrow probably is a good enough enforcer to cause us problems and put us off our game if we concentrate on him (and that is what he is trying to do with his comments, nothing else).
In my view, if we play a controlled physical game and nulify his potential effect we will come out comfortable winners, so for that reason I would rather not see the fight happen. However, as a fight, in a league that this year is a bit starved of good heavyweight enforcers, then yeah that is the fight I would want to see, when we are 5-0 up with 10 mins to go in the 3rd.

I take the point about someone else potentially stepping up, but to my mind Brad is the enforcer this year when we need one and this is his fight. My concern about anyone else taking the fight is also the likelyhood of Voth needing to get involved in someone elses fight and getting gamed for 3rd man in, or leaving the bench, so I hope that if the fight happens it is a straight up fight between the 2 of them.

Ocko

I wanna see this happen......

I have no doubt at all that McMorrow will try to intimidate us and Brad will need to step up. When its against someone like Sharp or Cornish who have no intimidation at all then it is a pointless task dropping the gloves but as previously posted McMorrow has done this at a high level and knows how to intimidate teams. Now with Robins back Belfats are a quite tough team.

Although most people cant seem to be without Voth for 3-4 shifts I think we can be without him, 5 minutes is a small sacrifice for a change in the game. Its not previous seasons where we were down to the bare minimum amount of players, this year we are rolling with 11 quality forward players! Davies and Hayes are the spare forwards and either are more than capable or filling in on the second line, Id even say Davies has been more effective than Voth recently especially in the away match at Sheffield.

Whatever happened to the code!!! I'd be disappointed if Voth just 'ignored' him.

voth26

It's pretty clear belfasts game plan is to unnerve the team with mcmorrows blatent talk of fighting voth,whilst this gets a bigger interest in the games,to my mind Brad is in between a rock and hard ground,if he fights and loses belfast may gain momentam in the game,if he doesnt fight he then has a monkey on his back about mcmorrow until he is forced to fight him!! also if there are any bans given you can bet brad will come off worse. on the other hand we know what mcmorrow's capable of but he may not be relishing facing brad, talk is easy. and as pointed out in a previous post mcmorrow could be giving brad a hammering but we all know that brad can punch and is very strong and it only takes one to floor the other person.time will tell!!

DevilDan said:
He may be talentless but I know someone who disasgrees. See Bergins face for details.
Doesn't surprise me really; Bergin's a light-heavyweight by comparison and I've never held his alleged toughness in very high esteem; Steve Munn beat him last season as if to exemplify it.

I've watched the video of the fight you're referring to, on the DYG website and McMollyMalone will have a harder match in Brad; if it goes and I'm still not convinced that it won't.

Baz

I was just making a joke :) haha. I made the joke to Bergy himself as well.

My opinion though, Voth shouldn't drop them. More use out the bin than in.

your all going on the assumption that McMorrow will even ice at the weekend, robins doesnt arrive till monday, but if your coach thornton and have said in a press release "im not even supposed to be playing my hand is that injured." would you play in the next game after it emerges the player brought into replace you hasnt arrived yet? i wouldnt esp not against the devils and Brad "hit them where it hurts" Voth.

with no thornton on the ice McMorrows ice time will be cut to maybe 1 or 2 shifts.......for the weekend.

these are troubled times in the Land of the Giants.

Sean 'one punch' McMorrow, it only took them 13 seconds not much of a scrap but Giants seemed to feed of it and went 3 up before 3 powerplay goals by the Devils leveled things up

I'd put my house on them going early doors tomorrow night.

KOTG is having a universal wet dream over the "fight."

I guess we cant let go how much Voth has pwnd our enforcers and killed Jason Bowen over the last 4 or 5 years

jimmy snels

footage of 'fight' on youtube....pretty poor in all honesty but brad didnt exactly look like he wanted a scrap, his legs were buckled before he got jabbed! :roll: so im with everyone else, its pretty pointless unless ur guna go for it and prove a point! 5min trade off for nothing IMO