Voth vs Mcmorrow

Koop11

Mcmorrow lands two cleans ones but I think its Voth's footing that goes. Not really a knock down as Voth's balance is all over the place but a win for Mcmorrow for sure.

Round two tonight?

Gazza272

Koop11 said:
Mcmorrow lands two cleans ones but I think its Voth's footing that goes. Not really a knock down as Voth's balance is all over the place but a win for Mcmorrow for sure.

Round two tonight?

Well i hope so, but only because it really frustrates me that Voth takes early fights away from home. Cornish, Clouthier and now Mcmorrow have all got Voth to dance in the early stages of a game and has got the crowd and their own bench into a game. Interestingly, in all those games we lost 4-0 to London in their place, 5-1 to the Steelers and 5-3 to the giants.

I often wonder why Voth doesnt just shrug his shoulders say 'i'm gonna score some goals' leave the fight and frustrate not only Mcmorrow et al but the crowd as well.

The only thing i think that tips it is professional pride which i can understand it just frustrates me.

McMorrow is turning into a JAson Rushton-esque side show, im all for big guys battering lumps of each other after some dirty play or whatever, but off the first face off what possible reason could there be? Skating around with your hands in the air like you've won the cup after a 2 second fight, no thanks not for me, would never have seen Paxton Schulte, Paul Kruse, Rocco Ferone, Dennis Vial etc etc etc doing that, heck didnt even see Mel Anglestadt doing it, and he was rubbish.

Alot of giants fans are now warming to him cause he stands infront of the goal during powerplays and stuff, but for me the side show is taking away from any good work he does. I hope he proves me wrong tonight and bags a Gordie Howe, but you know what? ill not hold my breath.

DWD

Good Lord Devils_G?

From what I've been told by "trusted hockey folk" at the game )not usually a teal tinted specs brigade) and from on-ice officials, Voth took two heavy blows to the face and was cut badly from them.

Upon his return he was very very very quiet, he did score but over all he wasn't his usual "prolific self" at the O.

To quote a mates text, "Either Voth has changed his game this season to keep himself in the background, or he's looking over his shoulder in this game, even subconsciously."

He lined up a hit on SeepyCock, missed by a country mile, turned to see McMorrow come off the bench and took a seat for what was a very short shift.

I do find it funny though, 4 pages of "will they fight, wont they fight, if they do Voth will stick up well"... Voth doesnt and you get a half page response?

I didnt expect to win this game, but taking Voth out for a significant part of the game early allowed us to gain a quick lead.

That'll do me.

Wannabe2

DWD said:
Good Lord Devils_G?

From what I've been told by "trusted hockey folk" at the game )not usually a teal tinted specs brigade) and from on-ice officials, Voth took two heavy blows to the face and was cut badly from them.

Upon his return he was very very very quiet, he did score but over all he wasn't his usual "prolific self" at the O.

To quote a mates text, "Either Voth has changed his game this season to keep himself in the background, or he's looking over his shoulder in this game, even subconsciously."

He lined up a hit on SeepyCock, missed by a country mile, turned to see McMorrow come off the bench and took a seat for what was a very short shift.

I do find it funny though, 4 pages of "will they fight, wont they fight, if they do Voth will stick up well"... Voth doesnt and you get a half page response?

I didnt expect to win this game, but taking Voth out for a significant part of the game early allowed us to gain a quick lead.

That'll do me.
Voth is probably quaking in his boots at the moment, wouldnt be a bit surprised if he hasnt already left the country, and defo wont be there tonight. If fact Mcmorrow the terrible will probably empty the tent tonight scaring the crowd during the warm up. Dont see any reason for our team to even turn up tonight and be terminated by one man singlehanded.

DWD

Jacko said:
isnt there a vipers forum you can post on DWD? :lol:
You love it Jackson.

Wannabe2 said:
Voth is probably quaking in his boots at the moment, wouldnt be a bit surprised if he hasnt already left the country, and defo wont be there tonight. If fact Mcmorrow the terrible will probably empty the tent tonight scaring the crowd during the warm up. Dont see any reason for our team to even turn up tonight and be terminated by one man singlehanded.
Don't you have homework or something to do? Just leave the adults to discuss hockey?

DWD

Finny said:
DWD said:
Finny said:
And this week's winner of "Stupidest Comment of the Week".... :lol:
This weeks winner of "dumb assumption of the week" ;)

Maybe we'll get some hockey talk soon eh?
Err..... great comeback..........
Why thank you. :)

If "wannbe2" is going to whinge like a 11 year old school kid rather than discuss the hockey point, I'll refer to him as such regardless of his age.. what is he now? mid 50s? early 60s?

I'm sure you can find the meaning of patronisation on the interwebs ("it means talking down to people" *pat on the head*)

meanwhile if you're going to make an assumption that I don't know who people are.. I'll make you look like a bit of a fool too. ;)

NEXT. :lol:

So back to the hockey talk.

If you were to take a game changer out of the game early and score 3 quick goals, would you not be pleased with that productivity? Surely its that sort of approach that gained Voth a name in his early doors play in the EIHL

Chris

Administrator
meanwhile if you're going to make an assumption that I don't know who people are.. I'll make you look like a bit of a fool too. ;)
Finny didn't say anything like that though? He just said your post was stupid...

Chris.

DWD

Chris said:
Actually I think DWD wins his own award as well...

Isn't this thread hockey related anyway? It's stayed on topic, so I don't see why you'd say...
Maybe we'll get some hockey talk soon eh?
There's a 9 page thread that can be found at http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1700 about the game if you'd prefer not to talk about Voth v McMorrow...

Chris.
Oh dear.

I have talked about Voth v McMorrow and the effect it had on the game. Surely thats not difficult to grasp and a thread can impinge on its wider context?

No?

Too difficult?

Goodness I had a higher opinion on the patrons of this forum than I seem to be experiencing.

"Happy Hockey Days" ;)

Finny

Yes you commented on the game. Though from what you have said, it sounds like you weren't even at the game?????????

Wannabe2 then made a reply which was quite funny. Yet you replied with a post which IMO was quite insulting. And stupid.

Now remind me what your point was?

Chris

Administrator
Oh dear.

I have talked about Voth v McMorrow and the effect it had on the game. Surely thats not difficult to grasp and a thread can impinge on its wider context?

No?

Too difficult?

Goodness I had a higher opinion on the patrons of this forum than I seem to be experiencing.

"Happy Hockey Days" ;)
Then don't bother posting here?

We don't force registrations, but if you want to post over here in an effort to either wind our members up, or just generally be a patronising idiot, then go somewhere else.

Or is that "Too difficult?"

Chris.

DWD

Finny said:
Yes you commented on the game. Though from what you have said, it sounds like you weren't even at the game?????????

Wannabe2 then made a reply which was quite funny. Yet you replied with a post which IMO was quite insulting. And stupid.

Now remind me what your point was?
My response was measured to that which was aimed at me. If Glynn wants to take a poor swipe without actually commenting on the content, then I'll ridicule in equal fashion and as such we delve into a thread of discussion like this as people appear to "back him up"

My point was that people have laid the fight out to have no significance in the game "it was after 15 seconds, it didnt effect us mcmorrow is useless still". yet by taking Voth out of the game early, forcing him to respond to comments that McMorrow was going to run roughshod over your team, and by busting him open forcing him down the tunnel for treatment, it took out a game changing player from the Devils and in the time the Giants took advantage.

Thus the McMorrow-Voth exchange worked to our advantage, to suggest it didnt is shortsighted.

Now I know Devils fans will stick up for Voth, as they should, he's your captain, my point for discussion is the wider effect the encounter had on the early part of the game and eventual scoreline.

If folk want to respond with handbag childish responses without discussing the issue, that speaks alot for them, and the ridicule is reciprocated.

Fair enough?

(Why that had to be openly explained is anyones guess, common intelligence really)