Voth vs Mcmorrow

DWD

Chris said:
Then don't bother posting here?

We don't force registrations, but if you want to post over here in an effort to either wind our members up, or just generally be a patronising idiot, then go somewhere else.

Or is that "Too difficult?"

Chris.
Thats quite Xenophobic.

No there is no "forced registration" however as many forums are "encamped" (KOTG, NEIH, SteelTalk, TheCage), surely someone looking to discuss the counter-argument would be taken as foil to the debate and add "flavour" is something that would add to the forum.

If such counter-debates are subject to attempted ridicule by folk old enough to know better, only to have the regular patrons cry when the subject of the ridicule responds with equal attire, then maybe you should put a sign ont he registration "If you're from another team, you must only post pro-devils comments, and no hockey debate of an anti-cardiff ilk is allowed"?

No?

Finny

Me thinks you need to look up the definitions of ridicule and humour.

If you do know Glynne as you are suggesting, then you would know his message wouldn't have been meant that way. It was a humoured response to the suggestion that Voth was put off his game by McMorrow.

Didn't stop him scoring a goal did it? And according to Terry Phillips on his live chat, it didn't stop him going over to the Belfast bench several times for a chat or two. Sounded to me like the referee told them both they would get chucked out if they had another fight. Did McMorrow chase him around the rink for the rest of the game?

Brad is Brad. He won't change his game because of a knuckledragger who gets a couple of shifts a period.

Chris

Administrator
Thats quite Xenophobic.
Hardly.
"If you're from another team, you must only post pro-devils comments, and no hockey debate of an anti-cardiff ilk is allowed"?
Are you serious?

I don't think any of the posts so far have suggested anything like that is needed? Posts have come because of what appears to be your intent to wind people up and act like a self-important moron.

I think the board is open enough to suggest that 'pro-devils' or 'anti-cardiff' posts are more than acceptable...

Chris.

DWD

Finny said:

If you do know Glynne as you are suggesting, then you would know his message wouldn't have been meant that way. It was a humoured response to the suggestion that Voth was put off his game by McMorrow.

Didn't stop him scoring a goal did it? And according to Terry Phillips on his live chat, it didn't stop him going over to the Belfast bench several times for a chat or two. Sounded to me like the referee told them both they would get chucked out if they had another fight. Did McMorrow chase him around the rink for the rest of the game?

Brad is Brad. He won't change his game because of a knuckledragger who gets a couple of shifts a period.
Definitions of ridicule and humour are one thing and both are subjective, how they are interpreted by individuals is something entirely different. My "schoolkid" comment was humour.. but you saw it as insulting to Glynne.. case in point.

Welcome to life off the computer screen. ;)

You claim Voth wasn't put off his game by McMorrow, nor was effected by McMorrow, yet go on to admit Voth felt the need to have a chat on the Belfast Bench on more than one occasion?

Why?

Surely if McMorrow was such an insignificant part of the game there would be no need for a "chat"? Voth would proceed to play his normal game where time and time and time again he's ran the ice in the Odyssey. Last season he was dominant in our rink at time. Last night he wasn't.

Yes he scored because as a player he is vastly superior to McMorrow, which is why I was very surprised he dropped the gloves with him, as Gazza said earlier surely he could have just ignored him and played his normal game, frustrated McMorrow to the point he took a misc? or a dumb penalty? and considering our PK is poor, that would have been more a benefit to Cardiff?

I began in quite the "Anti-McMorrow" camp in Belfast, and still am 75% against his recruitment, but if his actions are going to have this effect against Cardiff in a game I had down as a loss, then I'll give him somewhat of a bye-ball.

Unfortunately I think Cardiff is the only team that will prove effective because unless McMorrow find a bit of speed to catch and hit the likes of Legue, Lambert, Huppe or Berry, then taking on Voth is the only time he'll have a shot of taking on or out a player of greater significance to the team-play than the bench.

DWD

Chris said:
Thats quite Xenophobic.
Hardly.
Of course not.

"If you're from another team, you must only post pro-devils comments, and no hockey debate of an anti-cardiff ilk is allowed"?
Are you serious?

I don't think any of the posts so far have suggested anything like that is needed? Posts have come because of what appears to be your intent to wind people up and act like a self-important moron.
Please refer to my original post and point out where my initial intent to wind people up was? Then follow the thread of conversation.

Was the first "humour/ridicule" (see debate above) post made by me or by one of your "regulars"?

I may come across like "a self-important moron", but maybe thats due to a belief in my convictions ;)

TheStub

I'll take the "the fight threw us off our game" argument, otherwise we are still with "we played rubbish" argument for the first period performance.

Voth is probably quaking in his boots at the moment, wouldnt be a bit surprised if he hasnt already left the country, and defo wont be there tonight. If fact Mcmorrow the terrible will probably empty the tent tonight scaring the crowd during the warm up. Dont see any reason for our team to even turn up tonight and be terminated by one man singlehanded.
Ha! Nice one, that made me smile. Voth isn't terrified of McMuppetshow and you better believe it.

Baz

drainage

DWD said:
Finny said:

Definitions of ridicule and humour are one thing and both are subjective, how they are interpreted by individuals is something entirely different. My "schoolkid" comment was humour.. but you saw it as insulting to Glynne.. case in point.

Welcome to life off the computer screen. ;)

You claim Voth wasn't put off his game by McMorrow, nor was effected by McMorrow, yet go on to admit Voth felt the need to have a chat on the Belfast Bench on more than one occasion?

Why?

Surely if McMorrow was such an insignificant part of the game there would be no need for a "chat"? Voth would proceed to play his normal game where time and time and time again he's ran the ice in the Odyssey. Last season he was dominant in our rink at time. Last night he wasn't.

Yes he scored because as a player he is vastly superior to McMorrow, which is why I was very surprised he dropped the gloves with him, as Gazza said earlier surely he could have just ignored him and played his normal game, frustrated McMorrow to the point he took a misc? or a dumb penalty? and considering our PK is poor, that would have been more a benefit to Cardiff?

I began in quite the "Anti-McMorrow" camp in Belfast, and still am 75% against his recruitment, but if his actions are going to have this effect against Cardiff in a game I had down as a loss, then I'll give him somewhat of a bye-ball.

Unfortunately I think Cardiff is the only team that will prove effective because unless McMorrow find a bit of speed to catch and hit the likes of Legue, Lambert, Huppe or Berry, then taking on Voth is the only time he'll have a shot of taking on or out a player of greater significance to the team-play than the bench.
Well theres at least one thing you say that has merit anit Mcmorrow - cant see point of him, he seems to be an idiot. I say let him carry on - he will end up his own worst enemy at some point !

Mcmorrow's fight with sharp cracked me up he went down like he has some bricks in his shorts

Mcmorrow looks funny with those little punches like he's winding himself up