Who would be your ideal next HC and AC?

kettdevil1

So you're saying that Korea, Lithuania and Romania are lower quality than the EIHL?
As a comparison Lithuania's make-up is:

SHL: 209 GP
HockeyAllsvenskan: 51 GP
Liiga: 1 GP
KHL: 189 GP
AHL: 24 GP

Dundee's is:
SHL: 1 GP
HockeyAllsvenskan: 421 GP
AHL: 2 GP

So on paper Lithuania look much stronger.

It's an interesting debate..... would GB beat the Belfast Giants? I honestly don't know. Superficially I would say Belfast would win comfortably but when you get down to comparing players..... arguably GB are at least a match for them.

moggy#9

Dundee's is:

It's an interesting debate..... would GB beat the Belfast Giants? I honestly don't know. Superficially I would say Belfast would win comfortably but when you get down to comparing players..... arguably GB are at least a match for them.
As I say, personally I think those teams aren't as good as an eihl team. Given that they're so much weaker than GB, that was always going to lead to and easier time for bowns than he would face week to week - in those games at least.

The_Stick_

Thread starter #203

Dundee's is:

Now how many of those games were played by their goaltender?

kettdevil1

Now how many of those games were played by their goaltender?
Not sure what that has got to do with the price of fish? The discussion was about shots on Bowns and how strong the other teams were. I am not convinced Lithuania were as poor as others were suggesting and actually Italy (Mike Keenan and all) were pretty strong.

Just checked and assuming it was Armalis he has a season in the AHL, a Spengler Cup appearance and 8 years in the SHL so... a decent enough pedigree

kingmo19.1

Infderailer

n. Forum member who often and sometimes purposely derails a topic of conversation in a non-related direction to the original thread topic, thus confusing fellow contributors and devaluing said thread topic!

Somehow, I can’t see Bownsey becoming our next HC or AC.

Kevlar68

I think it will be HC and AC first then drip feed signed players as they would have to consult with the HC on players they're looking to sign.
The HC may have different ideas on who to sign and re-sign

Rempel16

Friday is a popular day for Devils announcements?
I’m bored of waiting now to be honest. The hype is deteriorating rapidly now that everyone seems to know who it is already.

May as well just get it announced on the coattails of GB’s achievements.

It’s not like the social media account is drumming up any hype so if it’s signed then just announce it.

kingmo19.1

Well I be damned !!!! There I was casually strolling over the barrage and who should come roller blading towards wearing a kilt eating a 12” honey-oat subway with haggis, deep fried Mars bar sauce and a bottle of whisky in his hands !!!!

Finny

May as well just get it announced on the coattails of GB’s achievements.
Actually, I’d say the opposite. GB’s group win and promotion was a great achievement and nothing should interfere with that for the first week at least.

Also, Russell had a contract with a DEL2 team for this season until a couple of days ago. Assuming he is joining us, it would be highly disrespectful IMO for us to announce it only a day or so after they announce he is leaving.

I would say Friday is the very earliest it should be announced. Next week would make more sense though.

It’s a tediously long off season, so I’m in no rush tbh. I imagine they want to get him into Cardiff and get a J.D (I assume) interview all ready before they announce.