yaayayyyyyyyyy - New owners for 2014/2015

tigertemme said:
I would like to thank ragan for his time, I know this season was a write off, but we have finished joint first once, and done well in the playoffs under him, new owners will improve red army moral no end mind... on wards and upwards!!!

Morale and morals too

wildthing74

tigertemme said:
I would like to thank ragan for his time, I know this season was a write off, but we have finished joint first once, and done well in the playoffs under him, new owners will improve red army moral no end mind... on wards and upwards!!!
Have a word with yourself Tone! :DWD

Temme

As bad as this season has been- Ragan has given us 3 other years of competitive hockey, as well as a certain Craig Weller, and attempted to rescue this season VERY early on (which I agree went horrifically wrong, and he continued to dig himself deeper all season...)

Lest we forget he dabbled in the Steelers, then decided that it was in Cardiff's best interests to Stick to Cardiff and only Cardiff.

We lost the league on a technicality under his ownership.
Signed bissonnette,
Signed a league record beating Jon Pelle
Recruited David Whistle.
And competed with the top 3 teams continually on what's frequently called a shoe string budget.

I'm not anti or pro Ragan, I just like hockey, and from a neutrals perspective, this guy must be doing something right if he can afford to be buying hockey teams. (And then screwing them up.)

wildthing74

Ragan will take the glory but it was down to the recruiters and the same recruitment team he's blamed all season for this last group who without the outside meddling wills have been fighting for at least one trophy.

Whatever he did or didn't do his legacy is that after his tenure he left more fans,sponsors & players more alienated than at any time in our history and he and his protege created that all by themselves.

DevilDom

tigertemme said:
Really? :shock:

Just read the announcement, smug dick actually believes he has improved the club.

Carefully the door doesn't hit on the way out you dull little p8888888k. :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle :D

Cardiff will be the most competitive team in 3 years.

Best city in the league to go with a new arena. Only a matter of time before the championships come flooding in.

Overjoyed for Devils fans. You are completely free of Ragan and Pope and have one of the best coaches the league has seen in Whistle.

Good news...

Hopefully with Pope and Ragan both gone the ideas of going down the cheap euro route next season goes as well.

Maybe if he had of announced it sooner a few of the better Brits would of stayed or returned.

Finny

Hopefully the remaining brits would have been told there was a high chance of the club being sold and have waited as long as possible in the hope that it went through.

It is very unusual for players like Richardson, Myers and Batch to be unsigned by now. Probably a sign that they wanted to return but not under the Ragan management.

Joesteeler said:
Cardiff will be the most competitive team in 3 years.

Best city in the league to go with a new arena. Only a matter of time before the championships come flooding in.

Overjoyed for Devils fans. You are completely free of Ragan and Pope and have one of the best coaches the league has seen in Whistle.
I'm not sure I'd go as far as you have.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Cardiff fans as things don't always work out for the better with ownership changes (weren't many Steelers fans falling over themselves with glee when Bob was ditched for Ragan?)

The new arena will be good for Cardiff Devils but a decent arena and good management don't guarantee titles, its sport after all. With the league getting increasingly competitive I think the days of any team dominating (and championships flooding in to them) may be drawing to a close.

Wales on line have stated a business group will be the new owners, with a known Ice Hockey man in charge.

Maybe Green bank and Brent Pope. :lol: