yaayayyyyyyyyy - New owners for 2014/2015

wildthing74

Joesteeler said:
Cardiff will be the most competitive team in 3 years.

Best city in the league to go with a new arena. Only a matter of time before the championships come flooding in.

Overjoyed for Devils fans. You are completely free of Ragan and Pope and have one of the best coaches the league has seen in Whistle.
I always liked you Joe and its not easy to like a Steeler!

Wagstaff

About time you had a positive thread on here, I think most of the forums on the net have at some point shown real concern for all that has gone on recently, let's hope this can be the start of a good news period for you all, it's good news for the league too. It's been a long time since I commented on here as I could add nothing positive, but now is the time to say LET THE RED ARMY CELEBRATE!

Devil94

Wagstaff said:
About time you had a positive thread on here, I think most of the forums on the net have at some point shown real concern for all that has gone on recently, let's hope this can be the start of a good news period for you all, it's good news for the league too. It's been a long time since I commented on here as I could add nothing positive, but now is the time to say LET THE RED ARMY CELEBRATE!
:RAWK

mweller

I had always favoured the cock-up over conspiracy theory with Ragan, ie I thought he was just a bit of an idiot, not evil, but it turns out I was wrong there. The thing I find puzzling though is that he wasn't very good at being evil. Now, being evil isn't a very good business strategy in the long run, but it can work (cough RyanAir cough cough). But Ragan didn't even get any business benefit from it.
Consider what he could have sold the club for this time last year, with three quite successful seasons behind them, good fan base, high expectations for coming season. And look at his position now, failure of a season, public accusations of mismanagement, disenfranchised fans, low expectations, etc. He was in a position now where he _had_ to sell, and that's never a strong bargaining point.
So maybe it was cock-up after all, but with a dash of evil thrown in. If you were doing business with him elsewhere that wouldn't look a very attractive proposition would it?

DevilDom

I just read the statement from Todd Kelman for the Giants fans and was almost in tears. What a classy, classy man. No big ego bragging about everything he achieved just a good man thanking everyone for what they achieved. If he can do half of what he has done with the Giants with us i will be happy. I just hope that people embrace change in the right way and don't let any egos get in the way. As Devils fans our biggest asset is our passion, but it can also be our biggest weakness.

Slartibartfast

mweller said:
I had always favoured the cock-up over conspiracy theory with Ragan, ie I thought he was just a bit of an idiot, not evil, but it turns out I was wrong there. The thing I find puzzling though is that he wasn't very good at being evil. Now, being evil isn't a very good business strategy in the long run, but it can work (cough RyanAir cough cough). But Ragan didn't even get any business benefit from it.
Consider what he could have sold the club for this time last year, with three quite successful seasons behind them, good fan base, high expectations for coming season. And look at his position now, failure of a season, public accusations of mismanagement, disenfranchised fans, low expectations, etc. He was in a position now where he _had_ to sell, and that's never a strong bargaining point.
So maybe it was cock-up after all, but with a dash of evil thrown in. If you were doing business with him elsewhere that wouldn't look a very attractive proposition would it?
Now 'everything' is out it does look to me like the organisation was financially struggling for a while. I have worked in sales roles for 2 companies that have gone bust and the worst thing you can do is tell customers that you have cash issues because they run away and your situation gets worse a lot quicker. In saying that, outright lies is not a good approach either.

When a company goes bust everyone gets hurt (found out my pension wasn't being paid in the latter days but Im not angry with the MD. He lost everything.) This doesn't mean people are evil, they might just not have the money to pay with.

Now I understand the full situation, I understand the militia reasons for being so vocal and it looks likes things have turned out for the best.
BUT..... please bare in mind that making hockey profitable is very very difficult and the Cardiff Devils will probably run into financial difficulties again be it next year or in 10 years time. (This is the 3rd of 4th time since I started watching in 1990)
Despite all that has transpired I still think posting a clubs problems on social media and forums is not good for anybody.
I really hope that the new ownership are supported by the fans in both the good and bad times.
Also I really hope the everyone turns up to watch as many games as they can afford as without bums on seats any team is doomed.

I agree with most of your post and I think a lot of people will sympathise regarding the money problems. What left a sour taste was the bullying tactics employed by the previous ownership.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk