2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

moggy#9

Looks like Skate Skalde will be on our roster as well. Not a big surprise, he’s had Skate Skalde - Cardiff Devils 98 on his Instagram for a while. I wonder how that will work tho, train with the team and will only be an option if we have injuries?
Didn't Mr king say that he was arriving this weekend with coach skalde. It could be that he's coming to get some early season ice time, and maybe be an extra body for the chl. Once the season gets going across the pond I'd have thought he'd be going down the college route. Probably a bit of pressure being the coach's son too.

jenks33

Thread starter #463
Didn't Mr king say that he was arriving this weekend with coach skalde. It could be that he's coming to get some early season ice time, and maybe be an extra body for the chl. Once the season gets going across the pond I'd have thought he'd be going down the college route. Probably a bit of pressure being the coach's son too.
He’s very young as well. I’ve got no idea what kind of level Wyoming Seminary Prep is but it seems a lot to ask an 18 year old (with no top level experience) to fill in for us when needed. As you said he’s probably only coming to cardiff temporarily

mjh

I was watching an old game earlier. So many familiar faces have moved on. This now feels very much like a new era. It's exciting but also good to look back at the awesome core we've enjoyed watching over the last few years.

Proper gutted that Haddad ain't coming back but this new season is gonna be very exciting with the Skalde and the new players.
The new era of Devils is upon us!

jenks33

Thread starter #476
The Ben O'connor talk seems to have gone quiet after the 2 articles in The Star
Yeah it has. If he has signed it’s strange that we haven’t announced it yet. As brutal as it might sound I wouldn’t call it a signing that you keep until last so the rest of the league sit up and take notice. Most people around the league already think he’s signed for us anyway

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Possibly Cardiff with a new coach, and pretty much a new team, seemed more like a move than a return home.
From what I’ve heard, the coach and club wanted him back to wear the 'C' but non hockey related issues made his only options to stay in the US.
Sorry to see him go as he was a gamechanger but we move on!
New era, new coach, new players, new challenges!
Lets get those last couple of players announced and let’s get started!!

moggy#9

From what I’ve heard, the coach and club wanted him back to wear the 'C' but non hockey related issues made it impossible!
Sorry to see him go as he was a gamechanger but we move on!
New era, new coach, new players, new challenges!
Lets get those last couple of players announced and let’s get started!!
As I've said before, it's a great pity that a number of players never got the send off that they deserved.