4 Devils players banned?

Max Beerbarrell said:
As for our D, I'm sure a few including myself would be happy to get their kit on, even if just to do a "Sharp" and try and get one of their better players in the bin for 5 minutes once or twice during the game!!!
Step forward Brent Pope...

ASHIPP

James said:
Is Manson avaliable to play? Don't like the idea of 3 defence.
James - I was thinking the very same thing. Perhaps G can call upon one or two of the ENL D unit. Manson would be solid and has played at top level.

5 or 6 game ban was not a suprise for me as far as the Vother is concerned, although Brad does not deserve to be given that length of ban by the League. As for Knight - the 5 game ban might cover the brawl with the Vother, but IMHO, is not adequate punishment for his attack on Tylor Michel.

As for Hartwick, Birbraer and Romfo - the 1 match ban is an absolute disgrace. If we are talking about '3rd man in' for Romfo, watch the video footage everyone.......who is the Hull player wrestling to get Romfo away from Knight? Shouldn't HE get the same ban for getting involved?

Holl_5 said:
Max Beerbarrell said:
As for our D, I'm sure a few including myself would be happy to get their kit on, even if just to do a "Sharp" and try and get one of their better players in the bin for 5 minutes once or twice during the game!!!
Step forward Brent Pope...
I thought that Holl, not sure if he'd be classed as an import though???

Any news on who will be missing for the Sque, sorry, Steelers?

Max Beerbarrell said:
I thought that Holl, not sure if he'd be classed as an import though???

Any news on who will be missing for the Sque, sorry, Steelers?
True, he is an import. Even with the change in the rules where you no longer have to de-register players for 6 games, I can't see you being able to bring in an import for a banned player. Jim Shepherd situation?! Meh, too confusing for me. Plus for 1 game it seems a bit pointless.

Dowd should be the only one missing. Perhaps Basiuk, but I think he'll play.

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
3 of the games he is banned for are funnily enough Steeler games, Hmmm......
Strange one that eh?

Any news on a similar suspension for Dean Smith and his 2 sidekicks?..........no thought not!

Suspensions of Hartwick and Romfo are a complete joke! :x
Whats happening with Curtis Zulu Huppe and co?

Gazza272

Thread starter #29
Niedermayer said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Strange one that eh?

Any news on a similar suspension for Dean Smith and his 2 sidekicks?..........no thought not!

http://edinburgh-capitals.com/news/detail.php?id=1053

Break down of bans there.

Somehow Knight is only punished for fighting once within the last two minutes

jimmy snels

:roll: the romfo ban is simply unbelievable, he didnt fight, he just pulled a guy off a prone team mate! in any other walk of life if someone was taking a beating on the floor and a guy stepped in to stop it he'd be given a medel! i am so frustrated today, hope we do them tomoz and hopefully maxi, scott and hartwick are guna be out with fire in their bellies on sunday when we go away :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

James

Administrator
Huppe gets 5 games too.
Just bumped into Brent coincidentally and he hasn't been asked to play, potentially too close to the game to register him. He did agree a couple of ENL brits stepping up would be a good solution.

The bans were fair in my opinion, in fact I thought Voth and Knight would of got a few more for their off ice fight, but glad they only got 5..

Voth done a lot less last season and got a lot more games, so I was pleasantly surprised that him and Knight only got 5 games..

Gazza272 said:
Niedermayer said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Strange one that eh?

http://edinburgh-capitals.com/news/detail.php?id=1053

Break down of bans there.

Somehow Knight is only punished for fighting once within the last two minutes
Another total balls up by the league. They've stated that a fight in the last 2 mins is an automaytic game suspension, but only penalised Knight for one fight? He clearly had two fights in the last 2 mins. By there own rules Knight should have had at least one extra game!

No matter how hard they try they are still incompetent.

The footage also clearly shows Knight instigating the fight with Voth behind the bench. In which case if they don't have additional penalties for instigating a fight in the last 2 mins (unlike the other 58 mins) then every player who was on the ice should recieve a game suspension (match).

There is a big hole in the rules here as demonstrated by Finny on the other thread. We could potentially send our worst player (or sign a fan) out to fight the opposition's best player. Our guy gives them no choice, but they both get the same ban and miss the return game. Perfect!

Wannabe2

Okay so Hill scores the first goal on Sunday, and Knight straight away wants a piece of Brad, who turns away, then Knight wants Michel for his hit on Glowa, then Knight punches Brad to the back of the head, hitting his helmet off, Brad turns around and they go for it win Voth. Then with 30 secs left, Knight straight from the face off assaults Michel who turtles with Knight still punching him when he is down Brad comes in to help Michel, then both ejected with Knight wanting more off the ice and we all know the result of that. Now this is the confusing bit for me Voth 5 games Knight 5 games, what the hell is that all about?????????

The Romfo one is a complete mickey take!
1. he did not fight
2. he only did what any other player worth his salt would have done in getting stuck in to protect his team mate.

A warning to sheffield, Andy French, Bob Phillips, Dave Simms etc:
You may try to hurt us with your dodgy/non-existant/make it up as you go along rule book but you will not destroy our spirit. This will make us stronger and more determined than ever to kick your a$$es, this will be a defining moment for us.

A question- How long a ban did regan darby of the steelers get for fighting ryan shmyr off the ice?

jimmy snels

thats wots called utter rubbish i think wannabe2! they really aint got a clue have they?!?!?shall we take it in turns for fighting the oppositions 1st liners?!?! if finny is 1st can i go 2nd?!?! i can skate a little bit which is obviously better than sharpe :lol: im so angry with this :evil:

Gaz G

Can the club appeal against a couple of these decisions or is it too late? As has been said on here, it is clear that harty and romfo didn't really do anything that deserves a ban.

A question- How long a ban did regan darby of the steelers get for fighting ryan shmyr off the ice
I would not even call that a fight.. They threw a punch each and Shmyr was still on the ice.. It would of been lucky to of got roughing if this had of took place while both were on the ice...