4 Devils players banned?

Any chance we'll see Franny for one night only?

I suppose in theory we could then have;

Lyle

G Richardson

Jarvis Manson

Milller Smith Davies

Hill Latulippe Michel

Hayes Francis Fischer

I think they were referring to when Derby was in the crowd, not playing because he was injured and had to climb down on to the players bench to fight

This league is a joke. Appealing would help, even if it would just allow enough time for Stone to recover.

James said:
What about Towe, Soundwave
S**T let's put it down to all the drama!

Even better then...I think we can compete this weekend. Could Towe be an option on D as he's very strong defensively/positionally and is good skater?

If not, with him anchoring a third line I'm sure it can do a job and not concede.

I really can't understand the Hartwick ban and the Romfo one is even worse. I didn't think it was third man in when they called it after the game but to ban him aswell is just stupid. How have none of the other Hull players involved in the Knight/Michel incident been banned but 2 of the Devils have.

It doesn't quite make sense how the Voth and Knight bans are for the same number of games, I was expecting about 3-5 games for Voth so thats not too much of a suprise but I was expecting at leaset 2 more for Knight as he was the one who caused the whole thing.

Rempel16

I'm not going to comment on the bans,

I am going to say that the sooner Bob Phillips' companies go bust and he's forced to sell the steelers to an honest guy, the better.

I hope he's not at the rink tomorrow and if he turns up, he had better be stopped at the door.

And anyone going to Sheffield sunday, pool up by a box for the same price and the cash will go into the arena pocket and not Bob's.

I love the way that the Steelers advertised this game with Voth as the selling point, and now they're going to lose revenue because he ain't playing, even though O'Connor said he wants him to play. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Brilliant!

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:

I am going to say that the sooner Bob Phillips' companies go bust and he's forced to sell the steelers to an honest guy, the better.

I hope he's not at the rink tomorrow and if he turns up, he had better be stopped at the door.

And anyone going to Sheffield sunday, pool up by a box for the same price and the cash will go into the arena pocket and not Bob's.

I love the way that the Steelers advertised this game with Voth as the selling point, and now they're going to lose revenue because he ain't playing, even though O'Connor said he wants him to play. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Brilliant!
Remps - goes someway to explain why any League official news/decisions are usually announced through the Steelers website first.
I'm starting to think that because they seem so well informed, that one owns the other! :lol:

Is it the Field Electricals Sheffield Steelers Elite League?
Or is it the BmiBaby Elite League Sheffield Steelers? :lol:

Rempel16 said:

I know exactly what you mean. Amazing that the news comes out in sheffield before anywhere else.
I smell a big rat. The Vother misses 3 games against the Steelers.Very(too) convenient for me.
I just hope Bob Phillips takes the squeelers down with him. Screw the lot of them :twisted:

Just wondering if the league will actually reply to my email asking how the Steelers get to break the news before anyone and even before the league does

After reviewing the ruckus between Cardiff and the Hull Stingrays in the Bay last weekend, the Elite League have announced that four Devils will be suspended.

Scott Romfo, Mike Hartwick and Max Birbraer have all been banned for one game, while team captain Brad Voth is facing a five-game ban.
This was taken off the sky Sports web-site.. I think its stupid.. Voth was only protecting his team..

Yet again the EIHL manage to test my faith in the British game. It wouldn't take much to make the bans fair. You ban one team for something, you make sure that you haven't let the other off the hook on the same offence. Its simple really.

But I guess thats Steelers for you..

I mean management.

I need a new sport sometimes, whats the british attendance like for basketball? :lol:

Devil fan, DevilDan

drainage

Burgy said:
Just wondering if the league will actually reply to my email asking how the Steelers get to break the news before anyone and even before the league does

Um let me think ....... um no I dont think Bob will ! Getting a reply from Bob.Phillips@ etc would give the game away !!

Like Sheffield becoming the source for all the leagues updates doesnt !! :p

Well, considering Knight instigated a fight on the ice with Voth, jumped Michel and then was the main instigator in the off ice fight, I thought he would get many more games than Voth.

Not only this, but during all these incidents, I must have seen at least one, if not two sucker punches by Knight (Voth & Michel) so if I remember correctly, that's 6 games each = 12 Games.

So to my calculations, (using the elite league's so called rules) Knight should be looking at atleast 17 games + however many extra for instigating...

Also Romfo, what was he doing exactly?
All I saw him do, was trying to stop Knight from beating Michel, while he was turtled on the ice, and some Hull player grabbing him also, so surely if he get's the game ban, the Hull player should aswell?

Hartwick, don't get me started, I would have obviously expected him to be ejected for the rest of the game but why should he have to miss the next match (coincidently against the steelers)???

Finally, I can sort of see why they gave Birbraer the one match ban, but I saw a lot of Hull players doing worse, including one Hull player who recklessly tried pulling max of the bench, which could have resulted in a very serious fall!

I think this league is a JOKE with all their made up rules, it seems they have a different set of rules for each team!

and even though I try my best to make my opinion heard, I am kind of resigned to the fact that nothing will ever change!

The only reason I still watch Elite league hockey is because I have no alternative.

The sooner these bunch of JOKERS stop running the league, the better!

I am so p!ssed off, I can't even begin to explain my hatred for such a poorly run "Organisation", if you can even call it that.

Rant Over!

Also wasn't Cloutier trying to knock the door down to get off the ice to join in the fight? Wouldn't that be worth a ban for a few games?