Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICTORY!

KaneDevils

Re: Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICT

Could see nothing else than a Devils victory if I'm honest, but didn't want to tempt fate.
100% deserved, and that goes for everyone associated with the club.
The start of a new era has already begun. Exciting times lie ahead.

:Banana :pickle

Can't remember who said it to me yesterday but it's a warming thought to imagine than there's thousands of Orange balloons still waiting to be released in the rafters at the motorpoint...bless em!

Congratulations guys. Your boys wanted it more from the off. At least half our team didn't turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steeler lass said:
Congratulations guys. Your boys wanted it more from the off. At least half our team didn't turn up.

Don't think that statement is entirely correct. Your guys played as well as we let you play.

Absolutely delighted to be there personally to see Cardiff win THE Challenge Cup. I felt very proud to look around and see all of the red/white jerseys. I was also looking forward to singing the Welsh National Anthem but as soon as Paul Sullivan started singing, the lump in my throat was too big. I apologise to those in front of me who heard my broken/croaky efforts.
Congratulations to all involved.

Life is all about making memories. This is a pretty good one! :Banana :Banana :Banana

I've never cried with joy as much as I did last night. I was so proud of every single player on that roster. When sully started to sing I lost it and had a wobbly voice on the go. Then when that final whistle went I must have cried 5 or 6 times!

To every single person that's put the effort in on or off the ice, to those who have bought SOHB and 50/50, I think we owe it all the players who have given us hope after what was a dreadful year previous!

All hail the King and Co!

Give thanks to the Lord!

LETS GO DEVILS!

Devil94

Nargroth said:
Can't remember who said it to me yesterday but it's a warming thought to imagine than there's thousands of Orange balloons still waiting to be released in the rafters at the motorpoint...bless em!
Saw those. There were banners up there also ready to be dropped. Haha.

Sheincar

There was a problem in that ticket scanners weren't working so strips were torn off tickets. You used to go through turnstiles which did the count but they've gone. So the upshot is - no! However apparently ticket sales were a little over 7000.

Foxy

Devil94 said:
Nargroth said:
Saw those. There were banners up there also ready to be dropped. Haha.
So much for the venue being neutral.............

Koop11

Probably the best experience I have felt as a Cardiff Devils of 25 years. I have never witnessed so many Devils fans for an ‘away game’. We out sung a home team in their home arena. I have never heard the anthem sung like that either. Please tell me there is footage of this somewhere because it should be remembered forever.

Thank you to all involved with the club for giving such a wonderful memory. Never have I been so proud to be a Devils fan.

Sheincar

Koop11 said:
Probably the best experience I have felt as a Cardiff Devils of 25 years. I have never witnessed so many Devils fans for an ‘away game’. We out sung a home team in their home arena. I have never heard the anthem sung like that either. Please tell me there is footage of this somewhere because it should be remembered forever.

Thank you to all involved with the club for giving such a wonderful memory. Never have I been so proud to be a Devils fan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mOcxT_jSA

Ocko

Amazing rendition of the anthem.

The Steelers 'God save the Queen' was awful. The rendition sounded bad over the speakers and only half a dozen sang. Embarassing. We had them from that moment onwards.

Ocko

Watching the highlights; Phil Hill had a night to forget, on both goals he lost his man which led to both goals.

Devil94

Ocko said:

The Steelers 'God save the Queen' was awful. The rendition sounded bad over the speakers and only half a dozen sang. Embarassing. We had them from that moment onwards.
Agreed. Made a crap anthem sound even worse.

Aberdare_Devil said:
steeler lass said:

Don't think that statement is entirely correct. Your guys played as well as we let you play.
Funny how we see the game differently. First I thought we were even, second we had our usual slump which wasn't helped by Leggy's penalty. Third we didn't get back into it and left ourselves with too much to do at the end. Each to their own

ASHIPP

Steelers'website review of the game describes a 'tired' Devils team playing 'desperate' hockey in p3.
It can only be Simms that writes this utter dross. Must have been painful for him reading the sports headlines. He just can't bring himself to admit the Devils are having a great season.

Wonder if the orange balloons and rolled up banners were his idea?

Devil94 said:
Ocko said:

Agreed. Made a crap anthem sound even worse.
Don't be so rude !! Not all Devils fans are Welsh !!

Sorry to spoil a fantastic thread but it really annoys me. I see some Devils fans sat down when the other national anthem was played. Pathetic !!!

Gaz G

I'm an English Devils fan too but in all honesty God Save The Queen is a crap anthem.