Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICTORY!

kettdevil1

Re: Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICT

Just a very special day and a very special win. To win in the Steelers backyard is special, to win in front of the Red Army hoards and to win with such a gritty, disciplined performance is very special indeed.

Always difficult to single out players but..... Andrew Lord led from the front, the new owners have made so many good decisions but, keeping him, and making him coach was up their with the best.

To the list of great Devils..... heroes of Wembley in 1990, Reggie Stringer and the Challenge Cup winners, we have a new group.... Cup winners in 2015.

Now go on and keep winning!!!

ASHIPP

Tonight is particularly sweet for Neil Francis and Mark Richardson who have been on the losing side in a Challenge Cup Final in recent years.
Enjoy the celebrations gentlemen!

I have had a long time to think about this post, that 50mph zone on the M1 goes for miles.

I have never considered that any player would ever eptimose what it is to be a Cardiff Devil than the Godfather, and my personal favourite of all time, John Lawless. Over the last few months and especially today I have now reconsidered this, Andrew Lord is the epitome of what it is to be a Cardiff Devil, no player skates harder than him on every single shift, no player has that drive or look in his eye when he wears our colours and logo.

When I watched him climb the penalty box to start a chant then skate to his knees and look to the sky he showed that he is one of us, in every way

John Lawless will always hold a special place for me but Mr Lord, you've shown yourself to be a Cardiff Devil in the truest sense of the word

BostonBart22

just got back from shuff. BRILLIANT no other words can describe the performance from the players and fans... for once nobody mentioned the officials, WHY ? because they played their part as well credit where due. cant believe sheffield didnt collect their RUNNERS UP medals , they couldnt even be bothered to acknowledge their fans after the game, question , will we be raising our new banner BEFORE the sheffield home game next sunday...HOPE SO. :Banana

BostonBart22

did phil hill play, or did he go missing as usual... steeldogs next season along with thomas and hewitt :Banana

mazza03

I am blissfully knackered, that was one of the best away trips I have been on, Red Dragon travel excelled, the owners were on our bus and just one of the boys, their rendition of Delilah was awesome (very tongue in cheek) Oh I just love this club, players, fans, management, everyone :Banana :pickle :Banana :pickle

wildthing74

Take a bow Bownsy. Maybe some of us were right from the start after all.

Finny

Astonishing defensive work from the team. Not sure I've ever seen a team work harder.

If they announced a MOTM I missed it, but Bowns had to be a clear winner. Outstanding one again.

styx said:
Hi from a newbie fan ( my daughter and myself have been addicted for a massive month now). Having already got our replica shirts, caps, and car showing off a devils scarf ( which is getting a little bit of unfriendly attention down here between swansea and Llanelli), We just want to say Congrats to team and ALSO the fans that made the trip up to Sheffield. I was on call so we had to watch the podcast. Hope to speak to you soon.
i am always sporting my devils gear around swansea/llanelli those looks are ones of jelousy haha.

StevenBletsoe said:
When I watched him climb the penalty box to start a chant then skate to his knees and look to the sky he showed that he is one of us, in every way
he actually broke the frame for the plexi doing that haha.

i am so happy that i got the oppertunity to witness this first hand today, from all the stories of the bad times i have heard and only really experiancing this season im glad we all have a club to be proud of!!!

aplzart said:
styx said:
Hi from a newbie fan ( my daughter and myself have been addicted for a massive month now). Having already got our replica shirts, caps, and car showing off a devils scarf ( which is getting a little bit of unfriendly attention down here between swansea and Llanelli), We just want to say Congrats to team and ALSO the fans that made the trip up to Sheffield. I was on call so we had to watch the podcast. Hope to speak to you soon.
i am always sporting my devils gear around swansea/llanelli those looks are ones of jelousy haha.
Been sporting Devils stuff on person and in car in Llanelli and Swansea for over 10 years - never had any problems come from it. People look a bit curious but ice hockey jerseys etc aren't exactly common place down west so I like to think I am educating! :D Saying that though, I used to go to work in Cardiff with an Ospreys mini scarf in the car and never had any problems with that either. Glad you're enjoying the hockey styx

jimmy snels

So proud too be a fan of our fantastic club. Great feeling to win a trophy and well deserved.

We've got a league title in our grasp if we can repeat this scoreline a few more times so come on guys, lets get it done! Rink will be electric sunday can't wait. :D

wildthing74

Keep the banner raising for next season and let's raise it against them boys in 2015-16.Still too much riding on this season and the boys need to keep their focus.Its in our hands to double that trophy haul in the next 2 weeks.

Gazza272

So many pivitol moments last night.

Batch breaking up the three on 1 chance.

Haddad - Tahttinen - Jones keeping the steelers penned in their own zone to take the pressure off of us.

Clarkson blocking a shot then crawling on his knees to get the puck out of the zone.

Ben Bowns well just him being Ben Bowns really.

And those goals!

Oh and 1000+ of the Redarmy drowning out the noise of a full tin Shed!

Now on to the next one boys...

Finny

wildthing74 said:
Keep the banner raising for next season and let's raise it against them boys in 2015-16.Still too much riding on this season and the boys need to keep their focus.Its in our hands to double that trophy haul in the next 2 weeks.
Agreed.

The last thing we need to do is give the Steelers any more of an incentive to beat us.

I've also seen people suggesting there should be a party to show off the trophy tonight. I'm going to disagree as although I'm assuming the players have a recovery day today - they need to be back training and preparing for another massive game on Wednesday.

There will be time to party at the end of the season.

ASHIPP

An end of season party to thank the players/club and show our trophy would be great.

For now there are more games to focus on and prepare for to keep up momentum. They Boys are still in the battle for all 3 of the other honours.

Lordo is the the consumate Devil.....and the consumate professional. Typically it will be recovery day today and all back in training tomorrow to focus on Wednesday's game.

Jon is right....the raising of any banner will be a really fitting start to next season..especially at the first Steelers' game! And for all we know,there might just be more than one banner to raise. Whatever the circumstances, am sure it will be handled with class

jimmy snels

Should be done this season. The players that won it should all get too see it raised and some might not be here. perhaps after last game of season. Inspire them for one last push for playoff glory!

Anyone else remember when we couldn't buy a win no matter how hard the players tried. Nope, me neither.

Challenge Cup Champions baby.

Form is temporary Class is permanent.

I'd love to know the official figure of Devils fans present yesterday, felt absolutely amazing to be a part of that. I can't wait to go back on Wednesday for the league game - if only to start a few "stand up, if you won the cup" chants! :RAWK