Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICTORY!

davew

Re: Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICT

I agree with others that banner raisng is next seasons celebration.

Am I right in thinking that last night's victory guarantees a european tournament for the team, with qualification to the continental cup?

davew said:

Am I right in thinking that last night's victory guarantees a european tournament for the team, with qualification to the continental cup?
No - it's the winner of the Playoffs and the top two (or three) of the league that get to play in Europe.

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/two-eihl-teams-for-chl-p196304

Foxy

Anyone know if the club is going to be selling prints of the team photo in front of the fans?

James

Administrator

I doubt Rhino will be selling them :D . I seem to remember CH did a 'I'd rather be a winner than a chav' tshirt last time we won something

davew

djc7 said:
davew said:

No - it's the winner of the Playoffs and the top two (or three) of the league that get to play in Europe.

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/two-eihl-teams-for-chl-p196304
Thanks. I couldn't see the info that was in front of me!

Skippy

Thread starter #108

Aberdare_Devil said:
Anybody know where I can get a "We Won The Cup" shirt before Wednesday's league game? :lol:
You can probably get a Job lot on the cheap somewhere in Sheffield.. they all have a Steelers logo on em is the only issue :D

osh

Wonderful achievement from a great bunch of players who have obviously gelled socially and professionally as the seasonrogtessed. Fantastic support from our great fans who have waited too long for silverware. There is no doubt that we can achieve more in the upcoming years, especially with the ownership in such good 'hockey loving ' hands. From the moment PS sang the anthem until the building emptied, I was proud of everyone associated with the Devils, take a bow one and all.

E.D.S.

Any ideas when/if the highlights will be available. I need to relive it NOW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temme

Still can't get over last night.

Without doubt a day that will go down for me as my favourite moment as a Devils fan.

Lots of great things being said over on Steeltalk about the support from the red army also, we out sang them for the full 60, no questions asked.

A sore head here this morning and definitely wishing i'd booked an extra day off work :lol:

backrow

What a weekend! The Cardiff Devils were first class on the ice and the Red Army was first class in their support off the ice.

Hopefully, the Calgary owners are given the approval to purchase the new arena and move the construction forward to its promised completion date in September.
They were first class also, on and off the ice!

Another nice highlight for #57 to remember!

BostonBart22

its a must the banner be raised before end of season otherwise it could be up to nine months and 2016 before its raised...listen to me todd you know its right.

Ocko

I'm all for it being raised this year. When Sheffield raised their banner this year it's was a bit crap seeing as half the team had changed.

Sheincar

This year's team should be recognised for their efforts by seeing the banner raised this season. Whilst we want them back next year we must be realistic & understand some may not be back & so should have the banner raised asap.

Gough60

What more can be said.
Fantastic owners
Fantastic GM
Fantastic coach
Fantastic team
Fantastic supporters.
Was joyous to be there and see probably more supporters
at the house of tin than we were getting weekly last year at BBT.
First season I started watching devils we won playoffs in Manchester.
Feels so good to win a one off final again.
Hockey is BACK in Cardiff.
HELL YES. :RAWK