Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICTORY!

Earnie

Re: Challenge Cup Final - Devils Vs Steelers - VICTORY! VICT

Did not think much of Steelers skating off at the end of the game and not going through the losers medal presentation process. Roy skating into the Devils celebration also lacked class even if he was provoked.

Kerry said:
Gaz G said:
I'm an English Devils fan too but in all honesty God Save The Queen is a crap anthem.
We can call it crap....others can't :lol: :lol:
As it's the British anthem, Welsh people can call it crap too. When England gets it's own anthem, we won't call that one crap!

Sheincar

In block 117 were a couple in orange t shirts sat amongst Devils fans who stood for our anthem but sat for their own! Go figure!

Temme

Felt so sorry for the Steelers fans we were surrounding, there was about 8 of them sat in front of us right behind the penalty boxes.

We had a quick chat with them (they were really friendly to be fair...) and they'd booked tickets to SUPPORT the Devils assuming that Nottingham would progress after the first leg drubbing :lol:

The Welsh national anthem was a thing of beauty on Sunday. Well done everyone.

drainage

Kerry said:
Gaz G said:
I'm an English Devils fan too but in all honesty God Save The Queen is a crap anthem.
We can call it crap....others can't :lol: :lol:
It's actually a UK anthem not English so in theory we can all have a view on how it sounds!!!

Koop11

Whether British or English, God Save the Queen is one of the world’s most boring anthems. It’s monotone and lacks passion. Its message is also something many cannot/do not associate themselves with ( praising the monarchy).

Temme said:
Felt so sorry for the Steelers fans we were surrounding, there was about 8 of them sat in front of us right behind the penalty boxes.

We had a quick chat with them (they were really friendly to be fair...) and they'd booked tickets to SUPPORT the Devils assuming that Nottingham would progress after the first leg drubbing :lol:

The Welsh national anthem was a thing of beauty on Sunday. Well done everyone.
I thought that our choice of presentation of the Anthem was perfect. Single lead with fans supporting. I'm not one for "fancying up" an anthem so to do God save the Queen with a designated, professional backing group took away from the moment. I hate they way that SuperBowls have become about which "amazing" singer will put their stamp on the anthem or how the band twiddles around with the tune. Was listening and you could hear the piped in music over their fans, that should never be the case with any anthem. It should be about the fans singing, not admiring some polished performers showing off their talent.

Again, The Devils showing their class on presentation, including the little things.

Sheincar

Koop11 said:
Whether British or English, God Save the Queen is one of the world’s most boring anthems. It’s monotone and lacks passion. Its message is also something many cannot/do not associate themselves with ( praising the monarchy).
And those do sing it never sing the right words! 2 our 2 the - it's not rocket science & it's in English so not hard to learn!

Had the greatest time, to share it with my 16 year old Daughter who I've been taking down the Devils for the last 8 years really was something special. Was just amazed at the numbers of Devils fans that just kept coming into the Arena! When Sully belted out the Anthem and the passion which the Red army sang was followed by that lame video saying so and so cant be here and the lack of noise from steelers fans singing GSTQ I thought blimey we even want to sing the Anthem more and bizarrely this calmed me down and I genuinely felt yep we are going to win this!!

Temme

I agree with all of the above with the anthems.

The Welsh anthem was sung by someone in the Arena with passion & heart and was backed by every single Devils fan in the building.

The British anthem (in this context English anthem...) seemed to be more of a "look who we've got on a web link singing our anthem, now let's all stand and watch him".

That set the tone for the entire afternoon of hockey.

On a slightly side note, did anyone else notice how long Lordo stood at the blue line for after the anthems? That's someone SERIOUSLY focused and in the zone!

Have Hope#35

Temme said:
I agree with all of the above with the anthems.

The Welsh anthem was sung by someone in the Arena with passion & heart and was backed by every single Devils fan in the building.

The British anthem (in this context English anthem...) seemed to be more of a "look who we've got on a web link singing our anthem, now let's all stand and watch him".

That set the tone for the entire afternoon of hockey.

On a slightly side note, did anyone else notice how long Lordo stood at the blue line for after the anthems? That's someone SERIOUSLY focused and in the zone!
Lordo does it every game... I absolutely love it! You can see it on the start of these highlights: https://vimeo.com/117157197

Devil94

Temme said:
Anyone know who the bloke was?

Devil_Abroad

I couldn't be there but so chuffed listening ton the radio to hear Simms call the Lord goal - classic

I think everyone else has said prety much all one can say about how we feel after that win - amazing. my next game is the second Sheffield away tie so looking forward to that!

A note about the anthems. The Welsh anthem sounds great when sung with feeling; when it isn't - and not all fans at BBT sing it - it doesn't. Great to have Paul lead it but it only sounds amazing when everyone sings.

This is the same for any anthem and that includes the English/UK anthem.

You can dislike the UK and so not sing the natinal anthem but to critize it as a passionless anthem just means it hasn't been sung with passion.

As with all anthems they only sound great when sung by people who believe in it

I myself am a passionate welsh speaking Welshman and proud to be one and sing Hen Wlad fy Nhadau with gutso. However, I also believe in the Union and so stand and sing my national anthem of the Union too.

I would ask this one question of those that show lack of respect by sitting down when anthems are played - would you do that for the Scottish anthem? Or the Canadian anthem? Or any other anthem?

Ready to be shot at........ :DWD

Anyway - woohoo Devils! :Banana :pickle

drainage

Devil94 said:
Temme said:
A Sheffield native (or fan?) who is big it seems in musical theatre ..... he is on Broadway it seems. They did give his name but never heard of him so cant recall it now !

dave

drainage said:
Devil94 said:
Temme said:
A Sheffield native (or fan?) who is big it seems in musical theatre ..... he is on Broadway it seems. They did give his name but never heard of him so cant recall it now !

Elliot Hall..........

Earnie

In all fairness everyone within my line of vision on the Cardiff side remained standing and silent when GSTQ was played