Clan v Devils - 11/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

hopefully things will improve, but quite worried we'll finish 3rd now and have to play Braehead to get to play off weeked :cry:

On a brighter note... we're a lot higher up the league than we were this time last season, and surely with our roster it can't be too long before we're back on form.

A

Anonymous

I think tonights game is abit of a shock.
But now everyone seems to be giving up?
If we win our next three games we go top.
Wouldnt be surprised to see around 800 fans at the next game as it seems we have a load of glory hunting fans with us.

The players are human. :mad:

A

Anonymous

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely disappointed with tonights result, but some of the messages on this board really are over dramatic!
Really? The best chance of the title for some years and were throwing it away. Getting hammered by teams that 3/4 weeks ago we were battering? Something is hellish wrong !!

Zed said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely disappointed with tonights result, but some of the messages on this board really are over dramatic!
Really? The best chance of the title for some years and were throwing it away. Getting hammered by teams that 3/4 weeks ago we were battering? Something is hellish wrong !!
Yea, I think the run we went on has given people the impression that we were untouchable. Don't get me wrong, I'd have boo'd the team tonight and would have voiced my dissatisfaction, but we're supporters. Supporters support, not give up on the lads when they have a couple of bad results

I don't post on here much, but it's fairly obvious the confidence is missing, certainly not the skill or ability. We need a coach to coach not to play and coach JUST coach, alright I'll probably get called stupid because we'd be an import down but at least we'd be a coach up. We need more direction from the bench, we need someone who keeps the players morale up, Francis has had it easy when we're winning I personally think he can't do much now either not because he isn't good enough that's another topic but just because he isn't the coach. Let's get some direction and order from the bench and finish the season nicely please :)

This has been coming for a while now. I've had concerns ever since the streak (remember that?) ended- I wonder how much that whole streak thing took out of the players because the end of the streak has been followed by a few very average performances and subsequently by some shockers.

It's a blip in what has let's be honest been a season of amazing quality from our boys. We were always going to have a bad patch- it's just a shame that it's come at such a vital time for us.

I fear it might be too little too late with the form The Steelers are in, but all I want to see between now and the end of the season is that fire back in the player's bellies. That starts Sunday, and on the back of tonight I think the Caps are going to come out as hard as they can and try and kick us when we're down. Let's just see a reaction though- If we lose out giving our all, that's fine, but to give up without showing the desire and passion we have come to expect is not acceptable.

The winning streak started after a 7-3 loss to winless Dundee side... maybe it'll be the wake up call we need to get going again. I think we just always struggle up in Scotland - we lost 8-3 to Edinburgh towards the end of last season and then went on a decent run including getting to play off final so we hopfully its just an embarrasing one off (two off with the Belfast result :? )

zoesdevil

Max Beerbarrell said:
zoesdevil said:
Max Beerbarrell said:
Not entirely sure what to say.....
I do..... Should of turned off MNL after 2nd period!!!!!
If I had travelled (and I was gutted this morning that I wasn't able to be on Bobs bus) I would be absoloutely fuming if I saw the team going out and having a few beers tonight. Hotel, bed, team meeting tomorrow. Thats it!!
Yep I totally agree mate that's a disgrace!! No drinks and to be honest no professional team in any sport should drink alcohol after or during a season!! I know we aint NHL standard but when the players do go out when there away and no game next day they get plastered!! It's wrong!!!

A

Anonymous

LWootten said:
I don't post on here much, but it's fairly obvious the confidence is missing, certainly not the skill or ability. We need a coach to coach not to play and coach JUST coach, alright I'll probably get called stupid because we'd be an import down but at least we'd be a coach up. We need more direction from the bench, we need someone who keeps the players morale up, Francis has had it easy when we're winning I personally think he can't do much now either not because he isn't good enough that's another topic but just because he isn't the coach. Let's get some direction and order from the bench and finish the season nicely please :)
Very good point(s)

MAX BEERBARREL

Its not so much the results but the performances. We are trying to win the title and there is no excuse for such poor performances. We need to sort it out before its too late. I doubt anyone will give up were all just bitterly disappointed.

zoesdevil

LWootten said:
I wouldn't mind G swapping with Francis so that G just coaches and Francis plays again coz in his last season for us he did a job and did it well, I know he hasn't played in a couple of seasons but it's got a be better than being a player down if G benched himself!!!

Finny

Zed said:
Anyone want tickets for the Steelers game. I wont be going. If nobody wants them I'll use them as loo roll.
Yes please. How many do you have and where do you want me to pick them up from?

A

Anonymous

Finny said:
Zed said:
Anyone want tickets for the Steelers game. I wont be going. If nobody wants them I'll use them as loo roll.
Yes please. How many do you have and where do you want me to pick them up from?
You wouldn't want them Finny lad, not now! You might be able to pick them up, you might need go-go gadget arms though !

Diafol

Disappointed ? Yes.
Frustrated ? Yes.
Angry ? Yes.

Throwing in the towel ? Not until it's mathematically impossible for us to win it.

It's not over yet by any means.

The league that is. The Challenge Cup, however, is another matter :eek:

I'll still be there on Wednesday though, in my usual seat, cheering the team on.
They need our support in times like this much more than in winning streaks.
So let's support them (No, I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses, thanks for asking) :lol:

And to the person who was wondering why they'd spent their money on playoff tickets, the answer is that it's a fantastic weekend away whether we make it or not. That's why I'm going with the family again.

Treat it as such, and you won't be disappointed.

A few bad defeats for the Devils, but every team has a few off games. Nothing is over yet, you guys are in a good position. From a Giants perspective I do think our poor form over Xmas cost us the league.

philuk20 said:
A few bad defeats for the Devils, but every team has a few off games.
yep..after are record breaking winning streak getting shut out by 4 and hammered 7-1 by a mid table first year team....what the helll has happened? A tactical loophole's been exposed that the coach (es) cant plug and a plummeting of self belief...all of which is unacceptable given that the team has shown that they have title winning potentiial - we should be miles ahead and the fact we arent is down to coaching.

I dont care what anyone says but any coach that cant win the league after a close to world record winning run is incompetent, no plan b or plans that work in ther face of adversity - end of!

rocketbob

Re: Re: Clan v Devils - 11/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Diafol said:
Disappointed ? Yes.
Frustrated ? Yes.
Angry ? Yes.

Throwing in the towel ? Not until it's mathematically impossible for us to win it.

It's not over yet by any means.

The league that is. The Challenge Cup, however, is another matter :eek:

I'll still be there on Wednesday though, in my usual seat, cheering the team on.
They need our support in times like this much more than in winning streaks.
So let's support them (No, I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses, thanks for asking) :lol:
I totally agree. I am gonna be cheering our team on Wednesday.
Being a fan means through thick and thin. If that is not your bag then go off and support Man U with the rest of the glory seekers.

TheStub

Re: Re: Clan v Devils - 11/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

martynh said:
I dont care what anyone says but any coach that cant win the league after a close to world record winning run is incompetent, no plan b or plans that work in ther face of adversity - end of!
This is the same coach who delivered the run. But what a run gives a team is focus. It isn't about the league, or a cup or even breaking records - it is about winning the next game, not the next five.

I'm wondering if we have looked at the stats, looked at the table and are now thinking too far ahead. We are forcing it too much, pushing too hard and have key players who just aren't showing up, more concerned with agitation than playing and should be getting splinters not decent ice time for it.

I would love to see our ENL guys who are training with the Elite squad dressed and on the bench, I want to see changes on the ice if bounces aren't going my way - and I want to see players benched if they just aren't giving 100%. Players need to earn their spot, at the moment some look like they just need to turn up. Lets have 12 forwards and 6 D dressed Wednesday and have hungry guys out to prove something on that bench, making the imports look over their shoulder.

Most importantly - lets start taking this one game at a time again.

Finny

I'm not sure what worries me more.

The current form of our team or the unbelievable attitude/intelligence of some of our so called fans.

2 defeats and our coaches are suddenly incompetant and should be fired? I guess that winning run was just pure luck by them was it?

Unbelievable. Seriously unbelievable.

If possible, I would go with the Stub's idea of sticking a couple of ENL guys on the bench for the Belfast guy. The pressure for that game should be off us and perhaps it will allow us to find our form from a month ago. If we don't, then start giving a couple of our ENL guys shifts.

Let's not forget that a couple of months ago certain fans were saying our league title chances were over. I'm not under any illusions that winning the league title now is going to be anything other than tough, but I still believe we can do it. Hopefully things aren't so bad that we won't win against the Caps comfortably, we then have a 'free' game on Wednesday against the Giants where no-one really gives us a chance of winning the tie. Let's not turn on the team but get right behind them and hope that we can help get them back on track for that massive double-header against the Steelers.

Gospel

The league is still ours to win. Nothing has been decided by any means yet. We play Steelers twice and they also play the Giants so everything is still to play for.

Our form is worrying though. Just as worrying is why havent we called upon the ENL guys to come to the bench & do a shift or 2? Whose decision is that, the Coach or the owners? Im not trying to blame anyone i genuinely dont know the answer so all help appreciated.

Also is it fair/right for Weller to be doubling up on shifts, as i think he did a lot of the time last night? Relying on him all the time puts huge pressure on him. Dont get me wrong he is the classiest player in the league by far but asking him to try and do a lot of things is very very tough no matter how good his fitness levels are!

Come on guys we can still win the league!!