Clan v Devils - 11/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

A

Anonymous

Totally agree with the comments about the coach being incompetent etc. Are you people actually being serious? I would say the problem is more a mental one. The players need that belief back that feeling of being invincible again. No, we are not out of the league title race but last nights defeat will put huge pressure on next weekends double header. But we know we can win home and away we have before, we can again.

What does worry me about last night is we changed it slightly in Weller played more forward. (Is that right?)
In doing so our D fell apart and we only scored 1 goal against a mid table side? As I say though confidence and mindset
can play a huge part. We didn't score on a 5 on 3 then went behind and last weeks demons rear their ugly heads on a night when we were poor and nothing seemed to go our way.

Forwards and upwards!

Finny

Gospel said:
Our form is worrying though. Just as worrying is why havent we called upon the ENL guys to come to the bench & do a shift or 2? Whose decision is that, the Coach or the owners? Im not trying to blame anyone i genuinely dont know the answer so all help appreciated.
I would guess it's because the ENL have important games theirselves on the weekends. It would be unfair to call up their important players and then only give them a couple of shifts.

Midweeks games at home though are slightly different and might allow us to call some players up.

If only Ben Davies hadn't had his head turned and been given bad advice. *sigh*

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
If we lose the title is Sheffields.

It's that big.
It WAS that big. :twisted: What has happened to the Big Red Machine? :shock: This is NOT the same fearless gritty team that convincingly won 20 odd games in a row. Something has gone catastophically wrong with the Devils' road game - losing last 4 out of 5 road games.
IMHO, the guys have not played at the top of their game since their winning streak was broken by Dundee. That was followed by road games lost through a similar thread of ill discipline, short handed goals, conceding early etc. Even the 2 home games against Panthers, whilst magificent comebacks by the Devils, were 'edge of seat, last minute goal scoring' to scrape through.

What is wrong? Injuries we don't know about? Major lack of confidence? Wrong tactics/game plan? Bus legs is no reason - the guys have won before after long trips. Whilst it's true that Steelers, Giants, Clan are all playing well and up to full strength, they are not a million miles superior in skill/performance from the Devils. If short-benched, injured teams like Blaze, Stingrays and Vipers can still pull off important wins, what's our problem?
Where are our 2 way contract players to bring in? Other teams don't seem to have an issue calling up young British players to give their main guys a rest.

Let's hope the Guys get back to winning ways immediately tomorrow, and at home next week to give them momentum. Every loss now is literally gifting points to Steelers and Giants. I fear the Devils will drop to 3rd next week - making the climb even harder. :? :evil:

Just checked the EIHL site and discovered that we lost 7-1. What has happened to this team?! Whatever is wrong needs to be sorted asap or the league title will be gone!

osh

My son and some of his mates ( up for the rugby) went to the game last night ! He says that apparently OXO are bringing out a new stock cube with a Devils logo on the side, it will be known as 'Laughing Stock' (his words not mine !)

A

Anonymous

My son and some of his mates ( up for the rugby) went to the game last night ! He says that apparently OXO are bringing out a new stock cube with a Devils logo on the side, it will be known as 'Laughing Stock' (his words not mine !)
Is your son Les Dennis?

osh

Zed said:
Is your son Les Dennis?

No his name's not Les, and mines not Dennis!!

Finny I take great offence on you questioning the intelligence of Devils fans unless of course you are talking about yourself.

The texters I had in Glasgow last night were longterm Devils fans whose knowledge of hockey is unquestionable.

I had to edit their texts as this is a family show,

The pity is that you had not been subjected to the drivel served up by the team.

OJ

drainage

From someone who paid to go to Belfast last week and Scotland this week I can honestly say I am furious with the team no I don't expect to win all the time yes I do accept we have to lose

What I don't get is how a team that played so well has totally lost the plot its the same team we haven't been ravaged by injuries or bans yet we play like we never met before ?

That was by far the worst performance I have ever seen I work hard for my money and play offs apart this the last away trip for me I think this season

Not calling for anyones head on a platter simply a team with some pride

drainage said:
What I don't get is how a team that played so well has totally lost the plot its the same team we haven't been ravaged by injuries or bans yet we play like we never met before ?
The odd game aside, we haven't been playing well for a good month, but were managing to win partly through confidence and partly through opposition that's been poor or lacking in confidence.

Sadly, adjustments wern't made while we were winning (the best time to do it) and our poor play has caught us with us IMO.

I think our best hope is to go back to defence first and making simple plays, squeeze out results and get our confidence back.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #72
Sadly, adjustments wern't made while we were winning (the best time to do it) and our poor play has caught us with us IMO.
Now you've done it!

How dare you mention something which the club didn't do :(

Back on topic though, we seem to be playing like we were at the start of the season, namely the opening defeat to Steelers up in Sheffield where we went down 5-1. That was absolutely awful and the defense just seemed nonexistent...

The only change made to that defense was the loss of Sawyer and the signing of Weller, who did seem to turn things around for us, but now the winning streak is over, it certainly doesn't sound from MNL or from comments on here that we're playing to the best of our abilities :(

Chris

Slartibartfast

Maybe its not a confidence thing. When a teams form changes this significantly there is often something behind it. I suspect they are sulking about something.
I have seen this several times before in 21 years of following hockey.
I wonder what it is this time.
:roll:

I'm sure people will have lots of negative comments about Symo and Maxi enjoying themselves watching tue rugby up there instead of training, training, training until they throw up. I mean.... its just not on. :roll:

osh

Clare said:
I'm sure people will have lots of negative comments about Symo and Maxi enjoying themselves watching tue rugby up there instead of training, training, training until they throw up. I mean.... its just not on. :roll:
Don't think it really matters with Symo does it, No matter how fit he may be he's not trusted on the ice and gets no quality ice time.

A

Anonymous

And if Symo wants to establish himself as a Devil going out on the razz is hardly a professional approach. You are right though Osh regarding his ice time, or lack of it. Either play him or release him?
Anyone else find it odd as to why Ben hasn't been recalled to cover Tylor for his (however long) ban?

TheStub

Re: Re: Clan v Devils - 11/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Zed said:
And if Symo wants to establish himself as a Devil going out on the razz is hardly a professional approach. You are right though Osh regarding his ice time, or lack of it. Either play him or release him?
Anyone else find it odd as to why Ben hasn't been recalled to cover Tylor for his (however long) ban?
Ben can't be. The move to rhw EPL was too late to ratify a 2 way contract. Ben is 100% EPL, and there is no chance we'll see him again this season.

Zed said:
Ben plays for basingstoke why would he be recalled to Cardiff so no I don't find it odd at all !!

Clare said:
Stirring the pot again Clare :roll: