Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

Have Hope#35

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/

Devil May Care said:
That is a major signing not just for the Clan but also the league. I feel we need a big tough winger (with a good pair of wheels and comes with points) to complement and finish our roster. Rosehill...wow!
Agree, someone like Kris Newbury or Nick Tarnasky please!

Ocko

Missing out on Rosehill is a sickener. Exactly what we would've needed. Gutted.

Jonesy83

Gutted we've missed out on Rosehill, thinks he's going to a great player in the league.

A player similar to this is a must now for the Devils imo.

Mooney#16

Credit where it's due Clan have put together a good looking top 9 forwards. Very exposed to injuries having a big impact on them though with there depth. Also don't have a starting nettie and two EU defenceman so unless they have a mighty elastic budget they may be going run and gun.

Currently got to be favourites for the league as the Erhardt are going to be taking points of each other all over the place. They only need to steal a few cross conference games and they should on paper be home at a canter.

Mooney#16 said:
Credit where it's due Clan have put together a good looking top 9 forwards. Very exposed to injuries having a big impact on them though with there depth. Also don't have a starting nettie and two EU defenceman so unless they have a mighty elastic budget they may be going run and gun.

Currently got to be favourites for the league as the Erhardt are going to be taking points of each other all over the place. They only need to steal a few cross conference games and they should on paper be home at a canter.
That's the thing, as well as the likes of Dundee and Edinburgh may have recruited so far, the Clan have just blown their efforts out of the water. I'd be very surprised if they fluff it up this season.

Have Hope#35

Welshy74 said:
Clan announce Jay Rosehill
I'd be interested to hear what Steve King makes of this signing for the Clan and whether he thinks we'll have a response to it? If we were going for Rosehill like Dave Simms implied then this is exactly the type of player that a Hockey mad Canadian would want to see on his team! There's certainly still players like this out there, for now I have my fingers crossed.

bb1

Ocko said:
Missing out on Rosehill is a sickener. Exactly what we would've needed. Gutted.
+1

Gutted.com

He would have no doubt been far better than what we see with Janssen and no doubt a fan favourite. Speed, grit, aggression and fearless. Proper devil type player.

Big loss if it is true he was stolen from us.

Gutted if we were trying to sign this one up. If that's the case, I would like to think someone very tough may come in soon. My favourite type of player. Roll on the next two players. ...

It's interesting to see what some people's reactions are to this on THF, a Panthers fan has kinda written him off as someone that will spend most of their time in the penalty box or suspended.

Personally I think that's just them making noise to compensate for another team bringing in a 'Janssen' of their own.

SteveKing

I do love Jay Rosehill and hats off to the Clan for signing him. Jay is from just north of Calgary and is a great guy and will be a huge presence for the Clan.

We have a specific plan for what we need to round out our lineup, what type of player will fit into certain roles and how those roles should fit into our budget. Very confident in Todd and Lordo's execution on that plan.

Great to hear that the club staff have you trust and backing Mr King. I for one trust that they have a player of similar role in consideration. Feel that it has to be a player in the Rosehill mould as nearly all clubs have signed a player in that role. Also with Davies not resigning with the Storm could it be a player that we look at? As we all know Ben still hasn't signed with anyone as of yet, so could it be worth getting one of the two and physical player in and leave that one import slot free just in case there are any player that pop up last minute that would be a great fit for the club

Clan must surely win the league with there team and conference now!!

When do tickets go on sale for the first home game?
I'm sure it will sell out now against them!

Jeff ulmer and rose hill must have cost a fortune??
Is there still a league wage cap we must keep too ;)

SteveKing said:
I do love Jay Rosehill and hats off to the Clan for signing him. Jay is from just north of Calgary and is a great guy and will be a huge presence for the Clan.

We have a specific plan for what we need to round out our lineup, what type of player will fit into certain roles and how those roles should fit into our budget. Very confident in Todd and Lordo's execution on that plan.

Hi Steve, can we assume from your comments that we were not beating to his signing by Braehead,and we are not looking for a Rosehill type player then?

Wannabe2

I am now convinced more than ever that we will be looking to sign a power forward, we have the fire power to annihilate anyone, a defence that looks rock solid, but a forward unit of little size and physicality. The one thing no fan likes to see is their team being bullied, and i believe our management know just that. I expect a tough guy to be signed in the next 2 weeks, and that will be just tickety boo.

jimmy snels

These last two signings need to be more physical players. I would happily have one who offers goals as well as physicality and a 2nd that was there to provide 4th line forecheck and main goonery when required. As already said we have lots of goals. Dont want to watch us beat on every week though

bb1

We have an amazing defence and lots of skill and scoring in our forwards. For me though Lordo seems to sign guys who never have a nasty streak to them. I'm not saying we need a goon or that guys who are nice aren't going to do the job but we don't have a player with a nasty edge to their game.

Hendo had it and he's gone... Only Matt Myers IMO has that intensity and can be a nightmare to play against yet Lordo let him go last year. We would have won league with him IMO. We NEED a nasty character who will help Myers cause havoc for D men. Only who can also look after the team so Louis isn't our only go to guy like Hendo was. Lordo did little last year with hits etc...

Lordo may not feel league is tough but he wasn't taking punches last year...Hendo was! Plus I hope this is a wake up call