Devils v Panthers - 18/12 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

TheStub

If tomorrow morning is like this morning, it will really be touch and go. Nottingham have a lot of miles to cover, luckily mostly motorway. But all it needs is some of those roads to be slightly clogged up and there is a big issue with the game going ahead.

Also there is the public safety issue of fans travelling. I'm wondering if the rugby has been called off to try and avoid fans making the journey is less than ideal conditions.

Same here, I can not see myself getting down there and I am really bummed :x . So hope that that the game is cancelled but on the bright side we will have our boys back :) Like Merthyr Caerffili have been hit hard and yes more is forecast tonight and tomorrow and of course temps dropping to freezing so be careful out there.

Finny

Gerad Adams has just said on Radio Wales that he doesn't expect any problems with the game going ahead tomorrow.

However, if we get as much snow over night as expected it will be touch and go. I think the club will have until midday to make a decision. By then the snow is forecast to have stopped and Nottingham will be preparing to leave and they will have a better idea of what to do.

The snow in caerphilly is really bad and the roads very dangerous,we missed the game last time it snowed,really dont want that to happen again.It should be rearranged especially if both sets of supporters cant get here.Its supposed to be a sell out so its going to mean a lot of us are going to be out of pocket as well.

linmacca said:
The snow in caerphilly is really bad and the roads very dangerous,we missed the game last time it snowed,really dont want that to happen again.It should be rearranged especially if both sets of supporters cant get here.Its supposed to be a sell out so its going to mean a lot of us are going to be out of pocket as well.
I missed the game the last time too. Won't be happy if I have to miss another one.

Gaz G

I said earlier that not a chance of me and my partner making the game.

Snow is almost up to the bumper on my car near Blackwood. Getting a few more spots of it now too.

It was just on the national news that the A470 has been closed most of today and is definitely going to be closed at least overnight. There's not a chance I'll be leaving my street, nevermind getting through the numerous hills I've got to drive through in order to get to a main road. There's also more snow due. I'm gutted I'm going to miss it if it goes ahead, but at least I hadn't paid for tickets.

Kipper

One point people are overlooking is whether the on and off ice officials will be able to get to the rink to enable the game to go ahead. Tom Darnell has to travel a fair way and I don't know who the linos are.Hicksy couldn't deputise as he is in Estonia.Dean Smith is probably reffing elsewhere.

I have little chance of getting out of Bedwas and another goal judge lives in Merthyr.We also need the timekeeper, official scorer and penalty box guys to be able to make it.On top of that the game can't proceed without the doctor.

A lot of ifs and buts

Kipper said:
One point people are overlooking is whether the on and off ice officials will be able to get to the rink to enable the game to go ahead. Tom Darnell has to travel a fair way and I don't know who the linos are.Hicksy couldn't deputise as he is in Estonia.Dean Smith is probably reffing elsewhere.

I have little chance of getting out of Bedwas and another goal judge lives in Merthyr.We also need the timekeeper, official scorer and penalty box guys to be able to make it.On top of that the game can't proceed without the doctor.

A lot of ifs and buts
From a purely selfish point of view i would love it to be cancelled tomorrow, as I can't see myself making it and if it is cancelled for a later date it would be more beneficial for the Devils as a whole as more fans would be able to attend thus giving the Devils a better gate reciept, plus Brad, Sam and Ben will be back, and i can't see a big crowd tomorrow if it goes ahead as not everyone lives in Cardiff now.

Well I'm supposed to be watcing Only Men Aloud tomorrow - tickets bought months ago - the person I was hoping would send me text updates lives in Bridgend and they are not sure they can go. So again from a selfish point of view I hope it is posponed

TheStub

Listening to the national news, the travel advice and the conditions in the Nottingham part of the country. I'm starting to think postponement will be the responsible thing to do.

Cardiff may be OK, but don't want people killing themselves to get there.

Well like a lot of people I do live in Cardiff but my street in a nightmare. Just watching the news now and the M4 is closed westbound between 29 & 30.

Advise is usual not to travel unless you have to, and I don't think they have to

TheStub

Not loads of snow in Llanelli, maybe only 5 or 10 cm. But considering we had zero snow in the last outing I dread to think what the snow prone areas are like.

I'm just waiting for when it is cancelled rather than if if I'm honest.

drainage

Surely both teams would want fans at the game ?? The Hull game had a very poor turn out (although probably who we were playing, being a Friday night and on Sky would have had some influence) and the snow was far lighter. If it goes ahead its going to be light on fans ...also odds are it will be delayed, bound to be more difficult to get here than they think.

I live in Llanishen and my car is going no where got to be a foot of snow on the ground - assuming I can figure out which white car shaped lump is mine ! :D

Rich Best

If the game is cancelled, do we know when the replay will be scheduled? Will Voth be back even if the 3 game ban is upheld? And will we be likely to have Sam and ben back?

As much as I am looking forward to the game - this could be a stroke of luck!

Rich Best

Though just as I say that, I have remembered that panthers could have Penner back for a rescheduled match. Am not sure if that is good or bad news for us. It would be really bad news if Penner is back but Brad is not...

TheStub

Our cast of tougher players extends far beyond Voth, and Penner isn't a player to fear skill wise. He is a non entity in this consideration. They being without Meyers is more interesting imho.