Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 9th / 10th Oct 2021

Wannabe2

Great game tonight with some great hockey, bags of speed, skill, passion, and excellent understanding within the team, Blaze are one good hockey team and will beat many teams this season, Motte is different class. How anyone can be negative after a game like that is untrue, there again some people ain’t happy unless their moaning so forget them,good game 2 points and a very good night in front of a sell out. Happy Hockey Days.

Great game tonight with some great hockey, bags of speed, skill, passion, and excellent understanding within the team, Blaze are one good hockey team and will beat many teams this season, Motte is different class. How anyone can be negative after a game like that is untrue, there again some people ain’t happy unless their moaning so forget them,good game 2 points and a very good night in front of a sell out. Happy Hockey Days.
quote of the week award, well said and take a bow

august04 2.0

I thought the game was very scrappy at times but we were the better side and deserved the win. I actually thought DuPont played better tonight, lovely pass for the assist on Lammon's goal but I just don’t see him moving back up the lines. Carruth impressed again - we have a cracking goalie tandem this year, absolutely no issues on that front. Valdix didn’t get that much ice time, not sure he iced at all in the third. I think he’s very much a temporary replacement, can’t believe he was that rumoured signing in October that was discussed on here, prior to McNally's injury.

I do agree with everything you said, and we have a great team. But there were negatives which are important to address. I thought we passed the puck way too much in the second period. I really think we could bury teams if we shoot the puck more.
But as you said, we won and deserved it. Great team. Genuinely couldn’t of asked for a better set of boys after the lordo era.

Earnie

I loved the intro. Well done Sully. Let’s play it again next time Sheffield are in town.The graphics on the big screen were a great upgrade as well.
Great game, good atmosphere and a typical Coventry game. They give it their all but overall we deserved the win that’s for sure.

this is a fan forum wannabe 2 and everyone is entitled to give their opinions we all know you will never give negative feedback to the devils maybe your heart is ruling your brain on some of the comments and fife took your favourite team to overtime tonight after your last comments of Fife .

jenks33

Both Coaches have just been interviewed and said it was a sloppy game. Skalde unhappy with the first 2 periods. Shows we all see games differently I suppose

Hedd Wyn John

I thought the Devils started off strong in P1, dominated the puck but wasn’t quite clinical enough when it counted. P2 was much tighter Coventry had their chances but the game really turned around when they scored on the PP. Devils were sloppy and there was a lot of poor passing. Thanks to Carruth's strong goal tending the Coventry Blaze couldn't capitalise. In P3 the Devils stepped up a gear and showed how good they were. That said on another day had Coventry been a bit sharper & Carruth not quite as good the game could have gone differently. Devils will need to step up a gear over in Coventry tomorrow.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

That game night experience was a show tonight, from start to finish it was a Anniversary game that was a joy to behold. From the entry music to the goal music, from the video wall with awesome footage, to the great hockey on display was a subtle reminder that this truly is the best ticket in town, it has been for a few years now as many of us already know, but more and more people are waking up and smelling the coffee at long last. There are quite a few things to do and watch in Cardiff on a weekend, but believe me none of them hold a candle to what happens in Ice Arena Wales on a Sat/Sun and thankfully more and more people are realising that getting a ticket to watch the best and most successful team in Wales is really where it’s at. We are so lucky to have the facility we have, the team we have, the owners we have, the coach we have, the off ice professionals we have, and the amazing incredible superb second to none beautiful fans we have, friends made at Devils games are truly friends that last a life time and believe me I know that from experience. The last 18 months have shown how much we truly have missed each other, and how much we the fans are also a team, well we all have each other back now guys plus a team that are just getting better and better, same again tomorrow night please guys and thank you for a great Saturday. Happy Hockey Days.

Wannabe2

Of course he won’t. That’s Wannabe. You will have to lump it because he’s not changing.
Thank you Earnie you are spot on, I see what I see, I feel what I feel, I am not anyone else my emotions are mine, and my comments are mine. People say what they like about me and that’s fair comment no problem, as I say what I feel about others, as people say it’s a forum. Earnie knows me too well, my bubble won’t burst when it comes to the Devils, sometimes well maybe a bit more than sometimes I talk claptrap, and sometimes unintentionally I may piss some people off, but I do say what I mean and why shouldn’t I, our club is a huge part of my life and for that I will always be grateful. Stay Safe All, Happy Hockey Days.

Ger-Devils

Blaze came in to play a chippy type game to get us out of rhythm which worked.

Also a long travel day on back from Finland wouldn’t have helped

but believe me none of them hold a candle to what happens in Ice Arena Wales on a Sat/Sun.
Not to go all super villain here but;

You must be under some misapprehension about the IAW providing an experience.

Shite food, and I mean the shitest I've ever tasted in a stadia / venue.

Little to no Devils branding. You wouldn't know we played there from the outside if not for the fans' jerseys...

Lit like a meatpacking warehouse

All the feel and finish of a second-rate leisure centre.

Inconsistent sound system.

Blocky LED screen.

Awkwardly dispassionately mumbled national anthem...

There's more but the rant will become unhinged!

Re: tonight's game, I thought our build-up / transition play was much improved on previous games especially against a wiley and well equipped Blaze. Snappier, sharper and our more technically-gifted players seemed more confident to take on the defensemen 1-on-1. It was a joy to watch at times and glimpses of our not so distant glory, this could be a great season...