Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 9th / 10th Oct 2021

BostonBart22

A bit of a dicey performance from the boys tonight. Came out great guns but dropped the tempo a lot in that second period. Coventry did a really good job to figure us out offensively and I was worried they were going to notch more than one in that period. I think the biggest issue with the devils tonight was the over complicated passing plays. Don’t get me wrong, we have the skill and talent to make creative plays, but we need to learn to mix it up and pepper the net with shots, our first goal came from a rebound!
I love Carruth so much. What a character. The only thing we were missing tonight was a bit of physicality, Ben Davies got pushed around all game and I would have liked to have seen him drop the gloves at the end.
All in all, I’m glad we could respond to Coventry and I think we were deserved winners tonight.
I thought that we were bullied a lot in our barn, unacceptable..mind you that broll is a beast cant even get a helmet to fit his head its so big, but i not gonna tell him that.

Not to go all super villain here but;

You must be under some misapprehension about the IAW providing an experience.

Shite food, and I mean the shitest I've ever tasted in a stadia / venue.

Little to no Devils branding. You wouldn't know we played there from the outside if not for the fans' jerseys...

Lit like a meatpacking warehouse

All the feel and finish of a second-rate leisure centre.

Inconsistent sound system.

Blocky LED screen.

Awkwardly dispassionately mumbled national anthem...

There's more but the rant will become unhinged!

Re: tonight's game, I thought our build-up / transition play was much improved on previous games especially against a wiley and well equipped Blaze. Snappier, sharper and our more technically-gifted players seemed more confident to take on the defensemen 1-on-1. It was a joy to watch at times and glimpses of our not so distant glory, this could be a great season...
Perhaps staying in on a Saturday night and watching "Strictly Come Dancing" would be more to your liking
Leave the Hockey to the Fans

Mazzoak

Not to go all super villain here but;

You must be under some misapprehension about the IAW providing an experience.

Shite food, and I mean the shitest I've ever tasted in a stadia / venue.

Little to no Devils branding. You wouldn't know we played there from the outside if not for the fans' jerseys...

Lit like a meatpacking warehouse

All the feel and finish of a second-rate leisure centre.

Inconsistent sound system.

Blocky LED screen.

Awkwardly dispassionately mumbled national anthem...

There's more but the rant will become unhinged!

Re: tonight's game, I thought our build-up / transition play was much improved on previous games especially against a wiley and well equipped Blaze. Snappier, sharper and our more technically-gifted players seemed more confident to take on the defensemen 1-on-1. It was a joy to watch at times and glimpses of our not so distant glory, this could be a great season...
It will always be when fans are willing to put up with it. There is a financial shit storm on the horizon which may well place some strain on fans ability to continue their allegiances when the inevitable price increases come. Unless the club, by dodging spending on game night experience, has saved enough to not increase pricing. Time will tell. Although last night l spent my money elsewhere on good food, very good actually, good wine & don’t knock Strictly Come Dancing..........

I think people are far too critical of the IAW. I’m 25 and always go with my dad who’s 60+. The tickets are insanely cheap with the discount my old man gets because of the age. The music is good (what do people expect from the music? It’s a hockey game!), the food is standard arena food, the drinks are cheap and the atmosphere is great! My only criticisms are the lack of devils memorabilia (which I imagine comes from some form of issue between the devils and owners of the IAW?) and stale, repetitive chants. I would like a bit more ribbing of the other team and some more specific chants on players, but now with the introduction of the standing end (which I’m yet to try yet), that need is probably already fulfilled. I think the arena is doing just fine, and we should be grateful of it considering ice hockey is very much a minority sport in the UK. These criticisms are really minor, I’m extremely happy with the club and the arena right now.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Ffs, the main arena named sponsor, Viola, went bust during lockdown. The Club have been under Covid regulations and restrictions. There has been very little in the way of income for 18 months.
Of course there is going to be little in the way of branding, a different sort of food and drink offering, additional match night entertainment only within the confines of regulations.
Let's give them some breathing space to raise income and get their support team together. Slowly and surely changes might happen.
Still the best value sporting experience in town by a country mile.