Finnerty a Devil?

Gaz G

This could be an awesome signing if true (still not convinced). It's fair to say ive been scratching my head and trying to shut my mouth for the last few minutes. A shock to say the least!!!

Gaz G said:
This could be an awesome signing if true (still not convinced). It's fair to say ive been scratching my head and trying to shut my mouth for the last few minutes. A shock to say the least!!!
I love the way you've phrased that... sums up my reaction also
:lol:

If its true this is a major signing. I'd be more than happy to see Finnerty on our team. Until anything is confirmed at our end it remains speculation as far as im concerned.

Really dont know what to say. Especially after all the things we/I said about him last season. Dont know i feel.

Sat with 2 Steelers fans - they are absolutely gutted.

Can see why he may be a good addition to the team but just feel like a bit of a hypocrite if I cheered for him - and what are we gonna do with our little posters having a jibe at him when Jay put him on his bum :lol:

We loved Mike Ware, we hated Mike Ware !
We loved Ian Cooper, we hated Ian Cooper !
We loved Rick Brebant, we (definately) hated Rick Brebant !

So I'm more than prepared to love Ryan Finnerty as much as I hated Ryan Finnerty so long as he adds even 75% of what those guys did !

I really have mixed feelings about this "signing"

great to see another good player on the roster, but how can we afford him? Who are we dropping? we have to drop an import to accommodate him, and I think G Adams is good for D & 3rd / 4th line. so if we are dropping G then it's another wage to find - but i hope to god we can afford it because it certainly will give us depth.

well here's to an official announcement ASAP if true

just wish i could afford to get there every week now.

Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a good move?

From that statement I get:

Money/offer was too good to give up - Do we really want a player who openly admits he goes where the money does? (I know most players will go where the money is).

We already have players who are aggitators and can take silly penalties for not keeping their mouth shut.....do we need another one?

Disliked him as a steeler, probably will dislike him as a devil.

Wannabe2

samidevils said:
Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a good move?

From that statement I get:

Money/offer was too good to give up - Do we really want a player who openly admits he goes where the money does? (I know most players will go where the money is).

We already have players who are aggitators and can take silly penalties for not keeping their mouth shut.....do we need another one?

Disliked him as a steeler, probably will dislike him as a devil.
Firstly the offer may not just be about money, although that would have to be a good offer as well,Secondly Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and Belfast wanted him, and surely they cant all be wrong, hated him as a Steeler, but may just take to him as a Devil. He is very good friends with Vother, from there days together at Peoria. If it happens and G goes back to the bench, then we have a ready replacement for injuries, it sure makes sense, and also it shows that G and this organisation means business. I for one would be happy if does happen.He can score, drop the gloves, and winds people up and brings a lot of energy to the table.

Can't see how anyone could be unhappy with a Finnerty for Adams upgrade, with the added bonus of having Adams as the spare import in case of an injury. Sounds like a great signing to me and certainly puts you guys as the big favourites for the league now.

And well done to Matt Burge for shelling out the extra to put this "too good to turn down" offer on the table as all extra costs to the club with no savings from gassing anyone.

Sliput

samidevils said:
IIRC Finnerty left Sheffield because his wife wanted a uni course or something so maybe its not all about money.

I know it sounds corny but IF it is true we have to trust G's decisions as he has the clubs best interest at heart and if he thinks Finnerty can fit in and help the team then thats good enough for me.........still not 100% sure how true it is though.

rolf

Hey Ryan, welcome to Cardiff. We don't even know it you are coming yet and we are already debating your merits. Just wait til you lace em up..............

I reckons he'd be an asset, but I also feel that our D needs more surgery than our O, but hey I can't coach girl-guide rounders let alone pro-hockey. Trust in G, I suppose. He has a plan. By the way am I on me own in hating G in steelers teal yet strangely attracted to him (in a non-manlove way) in the devils red ?? Ok. I'll get me coat.

J.B said:
Can't see how anyone could be unhappy with a Finnerty for Adams upgrade, with the added bonus of having Adams as the spare import in case of an injury. Sounds like a great signing to me and certainly puts you guys as the big favourites for the league now.

And well done to Matt Burge for shelling out the extra to put this "too good to turn down" offer on the table as all extra costs to the club with no savings from gassing anyone.
The same old comments from you really are getting boring J.B

Have just gone away and done some digging around and in depth analysis

it's not the 1st of April

and

I cannot find Dave Simms' name anywhere within this story

so is it true?

god knows what Simms is now going to spout when he has to pass comment on one of Steelers' finest sources of quotes playing in the "grotty little tent"

Finny

Finnerty is a nasty, horrible, cheap-shotting, gobby, windup merchant who I could never stand playing against us.

Can't wait to see him in a Devils shirt! :D

Assuming this is correct, then I do think it's a brilliant signing for the Devils. How many times have we disliked opposition players only to love them when they signed for us?
I was only thinking earlier about what happened to the rumours of G signing an extra import. I missed Saturdays game but I think Jarvis didn't ice again?

Perhaps he is going to be out for a bit longer than originally planned? We can the keep G on D and play Finnerty on the 3rd line. Crikey - imagine him alongside Michel!!! When Jarvis is then back we can then have G as a spare forward/import to cover for any injuries.

Ger-Devils

Finny said:
Finnerty is a nasty, horrible, cheap-shotting, gobby, windup merchant who I could never stand playing against us.

Can't wait to see him in a Devils shirt! :D

Assuming this is correct, then I do think it's a brilliant signing for the Devils. How many times have we disliked opposition players only to love them when they signed for us?
I was only thinking earlier about what happened to the rumours of G signing an extra import. I missed Saturdays game but I think Jarvis didn't ice again?

Perhaps he is going to be out for a bit longer than originally planned? We can the keep G on D and play Finnerty on the 3rd line. Crikey - imagine him alongside Michel!!! When Jarvis is then back we can then have G as a spare forward/import to cover for any injuries.

G said in an interview the other day that Wes will be back on the 12th(This Sat).

Wasn't Jarvis due to have another scan on his injury this week?. Perhaps his injury is worse than first thought and might be out for some time. I can only see this as any reason to bring anyone in, as personally i think the D has been playing really well as late they have upped their game and G has had a calming influence on them.
So the only logical explanation would be G to remain on D while Jarvis is recovering, freeing up an import space.

My view is that it is a big wind up or someone trying to unsettle the camp.