Finnerty a Devil?

wildthing74

This is a strange one.Ignoring any hockey ability as there is no doubting the guy can play and will add to the team but this could be our most unwelcome signing ever.
The last time we signed somebody so universally hated by Devils fans was Rick Brebant but we all knew that it was a class signing as was the best player in the league so had to trouble accepting it.
I'm on record stating my dislike of the guy and whilst will cheer anybody in a Devils shirt would find it hard to be a turncoat.
The guy would have a lot to do from the off the get some fans on his side.Not just that,wonder how Jay would feel?Love to be a fly on the wall on that first team meeting.

What the hell?!?!?

I go offline for 12 mere hours, i return and finnerty may be a devil.. what the hell!

Seriously? Chris have you hacked my pc and playing wind up with me...

I hate Finnerty, hate him so so so much, little wind up piece of you know what.

Same as Vezio.

I'll love him in a Devils shirt.

Simple as. Good signing, hope its true!

Gazza272

What the best thing to come out of this signing is the winning mentality. The guy has won loads of trophies and Sheffield fans will tell you he was a talliesman in a lot of the big games, he also got the winning goal at the playoffs last season if i remember correctly.

If this is true, then i'll be welcoming him.

Gazza272

Batman said:
How long will it be before we have official confirmation

At a guess we are probably waiting for any visa issues to be sorted out. It is a lot easier for Bloomington to say he is leaving that it is for 100% lock stock and barrel say he is coming over.

Thread starter #48
Gazza272 said:
The guy has won loads of trophies and Sheffield fans will tell you he was a talliesman in a lot of the big games, he also got the winning goal at the playoffs last season if i remember correctly.
How can you forget Steeeve's game winning goal?! :shock:

Finny

Well I personally think this is a fantastic signing and is a massive statement of intent on where we want to finish this season.

Yes we hated him when he played against us, but then we would think the same about Michel, Miller, Voth, Jay etc etc.
How much of that personal hate though was because of the lies Simms/Bob made up about him. When I started asking questions about it I was told by Simms that he personally interviewed Finnerty and passed on the quotes to the Sheffield Stir. However, just 2 hours later the Star 'journalist' came on and claimed he had interviewed Finnerty personally. Hmmmmmm

Anyway, the fact is that he is a great player and you only need look at how gutted the Sheffield fans were to lose him to see that. Will he become a villain turned hero like Mike Ware, or will he always divide the fans like Brebant.
I have a feeling he will become a fans favourite. Though in the end it won't matter either way if he helps bring us some trophies like he did in Sheffield.

wildthing74

With you on that Mr Finn.I have to put personal feelings about his previous asside.Absolute quality signing.so much depth if we keep everybody and G steps down.

Koop11

Well, well, well, I didn’t see this one coming. Welcome to Cardiff Finnerty and fair play to Gerad for pulling this one out of the bag. Good on Matt for supporting Gerad further into the season also, especially with the bad news recently of losing out on the lease agreement for the tent.

Certainly a player you love to hate but by Steelers fans own admissions he was the heart beat of their successful team. The jury is out on his points production for what I’m guessing isn’t a cheap player but he will add grit and leadership to our already impressive looking team.

It would appear that Jarivs could be out for longer than first anticipated which is a big loss if is the case but Gerad has looked more than competent on the blueline in recent weeks. When Jarvis returns, it will be interesting to see what will happen then.

Finnerty is a quality signing no matter how much we hated him last year, but i still don't know what to make of it. Its increased wages for Burge for a player im not 100% we really need, he doesn't add that much to our points production. Im also a little annoyed about how poor our injury details (return dates) seem to be. It was only last week they were saying wes would be back on the 12th, now were bringing in a replacement. Im still a bit on the fence about this one but im sure finnerty will change my mind :p

James

Administrator
The important thing to remember is there is a 'ty' on the end of his name. Always winds me up, every Steelers fan calling him Finner. :D

Welcome to Cardiff Ryan.

We live in interesting times.

Finny

wildthing74 said:
I notice that thread that was slagging him off has gone AWOL?Probably for the best now. :lol:
Actually, there were probably more pro-Finnerty comments in it than Anti-Finnerty. Quite a few people saying that they didn't like him, but that they had to admit he was a good player and would be missed in the league.

I stated earlier that I wouldnt believe it until its confirmed our end now that this has happend......BLOODY HELL !!!! I think he will be a top signing he was the heartbeat of the squeelers team last season, as much as I hated him for getting under the skin of myself and our players last year I have always rated him as a player and to be fair as an agitator. I can see why people's opinions maybe split on him but whats in the past is in the past, he's a devil now and so long as he does what it takes to win and he shows that he wants to play for our club then I feel we should all get behind him. Well done to G, Matt and anyone else involved in pulling off this signing, to me this is a huge statement of intent from our club.
CJ