Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

august04 2.0

This is Kelmans team, Dupont clearly didn't get a lot of say in who was signed in the summer! Jobs for the boys
Well we know one thing for sure - DuPont gave Carruth a reference for his team in Denmark. If he was willing to do that, I’m pretty sure he would have been fine with him re-signing for us. It begs the question, how many more were taken out of his hands?

Profit isn’t a dirty word, it’s the main reason most business owners own businesses and it’s their business to do whatever they want. It becomes an issue when comments such as ”we will do whatever it takes to win” “we are not in it for money, we are real fans”. When those words fail to materialise as actions, then their simply words & likely lies. That then places them in the same category as other owners past & present across the whole U.K. hockey “business”. Intentional or not, if you’re going to make those statements, back them up. As paying customers we are entitled to expect a product of a certain quality, whether that be a clothing item, electrical product, theatre show or sports, the price should reflect the product. Maybe some will say that’s an over reaction, maybe it is, but if l go to a concert l expect the singer to be able to sing, the theatre group to perform, the electrical item to work and clothing not fall apart. Maybe others are happy to subsidise the club owners lifestyle, I’m not, so before l stop going to games I’ll expect some of their words to become actions and some decent players signed using the money we all pay.
Personally, I find your post, which I appreciate is your opinion and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion,but I find this post quite disturbing.
As I read it, you are likening Steve, Brian, Kelly and Craig and Todd with the likes of some of the conmen, charlatans and self-serving owners that have blighted British hockey over the years.
If that is indeed your inference, I must put on record my TOTAL DISAGREEMENT with your views!

Wannabe2

Dupointless keeps saying every 2 minutes you know, no we don’t know, you are the bloody coach not us, let us know unless you can’t because you don’t know also, which really is the case. Sorry guys I hate being negative but enough is enough now. We have a coach who is out of his depth and a team who are wandering about in La La land, I am know resolved to the fact we will finish anywhere between 3rd to 5th and not make the playoffs, hate saying that after 36yrs but we are a very mediocre team.

This is Kelmans team, Dupont clearly didn't get a lot of say in who was signed in the summer! Jobs for the boys
A whole bunch of Canadian ex-AHL players (that's a lot of bus rides!) mixed with some pretty decent home grown talent. I say this every season but would having a few European players to bring some new ideas to practice be such a bad thing.

Tonight was an ass hat moment but overall the Devils have had some cracking seasons over the last few years!

moggy#9

A whole bunch of Canadian ex-AHL players (that's a lot of bus rides!) mixed with some pretty decent home grown talent. I say this every season but would having a few European players to bring some new ideas to practice be such a bad thing.

Tonight was an ass hat moment but overall the Devils have had some cracking seasons over the last few years!
This is part of the reason I said that I thought that the replacement for skalde should have European coaching experience. It brings alternative ways of looking at things and knowledge of a wider range of players.

Wannabe2

But they are history now, Todd’s not a great fan of history, as they don’t pay the bills we need to be successful now not years ago,

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

Are you genuinely claiming that the owners are taking over a £1 million a year in profit? Even given your previous posts, under your previous names, this is a remarkable statement. It is also a very interesting claim from a legal perspective so..... I trust you have evidence.

As for the game, a very poor performance and exceptionally frustrating given the progress over the last few weeks. Monday could be a very tough day at the IAW.
You’re clearly not an expert in law.

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

Personally, I find your post, which I appreciate is your opinion and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion,but I find this post quite disturbing.
As I read it, you are likening Steve, Brian, Kelly and Craig and Todd with the likes of some of the conmen, charlatans and self-serving owners that have blighted British hockey over the years.
If that is indeed your inference, I must put on record my TOTAL DISAGREEMENT with your views!
<Deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:

ASHIPP

In
This is part of the reason I said that I thought that the replacement for skalde should have European coaching experience. It brings alternative ways of looking at things and knowledge of a wider range of players.
Interesting point about the European experience angle.
Aaron Fox (Steelers) coached and played in Europe. Steelers have also signed some strong European born players in recent seasons.