Hinks gone

James

Administrator
Re: Hinks gone?

shifty114 said:
whats the chances of cruikshank becoming a devil :?: better than hinks all round
Maybe he could add some much needed grit to the side :lol: He's 5 10 according to hockeydb.

Gazza272

Thread starter #27

shifty114 said:
whats the chances of cruikshank becoming a devil :?: better than hinks all round
Already signed for the Steelers to cover for the injured gillies apparantly. Not really a good fit for us anyway would much rather chambers from that Bison side.

For the greater good however i hope basingstoke keep the majority of their players

Chris

Administrator

My money says Craig Macdonald.

Played with Prpich, has been rumoured for a while, and happens to be 6ft.

Can't link to hockeydb stats, but as James said earlier in the thread, already playing for a team, but the team happens to be who Prpich played for before signing for us...

Looks quite a nifty player with goals and assists.

Chris.

Gazza272

Thread starter #29

Chris Stone said:

Can't link to hockeydb stats, but as James said earlier in the thread, already playing for a team, but the team happens to be who Prpich played for before signing for us...

Chris.

Just had a look at his stats again and he also played with Silverthorn for two seasons in the NCAA leagues for Elmira.

At present this season he has 5 points in 2 games for New Mexico scorpions in the CHL. Their website does not show that he has left, so sadly it could be a long shot. But then who knows with British hockey whats around the corner :lol: I would certainly like to see him in a Devils shirt.

Mcdonald's stats look good, but I can't see a player who has played for New Mexico Scorpians for 3 seasons just dump on them 2 months into the season. Unless he's being released/leaving for a valid reason?

If it is him I think he will be very good. Averages a point a game in the CHL!

Here's his and Prpich's stats from the 06-07 season

Craig Macdonald Games57 G24 A22 P46 PIM115
Mike Prpich Games64 G23 A22 P45 PIM188

:D

Chris Stone said:

Chris.
heard his name 2 weeks ago that he wanted to come play with Prpich again so i hope its him looks a decent scorer, rather him than Gonzo

Wannabe2

samidevils said:
Mcdonald's stats look good, but I can't see a player who has played for New Mexico Scorpians for 3 seasons just dump on them 2 months into the season. Unless he's being released/leaving for a valid reason?

Cant see him walking out on his club.

Wannabe2 said:
samidevils said:

Not a matter of walking out,he has a contract and CAN'T go anywhere!

Russky

It was interesting to read the excellent article on him in the last match programme. Well worth a look! That may change your perceptions about him!

As you know from some of my more serious posts, I don't really like change for changes sake. But these do seem to be very strong rumours

I am still impressed with the tenure of this management, and have dealt with it very professionally, but it's still a bit disconcerting that such rumours have leaked out, or are they clever enought to leak small bits of info to test the waters, a bit like our current governement. ;) :eek: :shock: Why let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy! ;) :lol: but We seem to be picking over his bones before he is even gone.

It's sad that Hinks hsan't fitted into this team, his pedigree was good on paper and it is a shame that he hasn't delivered to his potential! If all this is true, than I wish him well for the future

But back down to fan level, and this is good news. A new player to use and abuse, a few days of rumours, counter rumours and speculation. Fantastic!

I just hope that this drastic action will deliver that goals we desperately need and pray to god that whoever comes in does well enough to prevent him being a target for the "sack em all brigade"

I know a bloke who's sister goes to the Bingo with the cleaner in Dominions House and she says that they have signed some young guy called Moria.... And he's trying to bring his mates Lawless and Hope with him..... exciting times :lol: :D :lol:

Gazza272

Thread starter #36

mp43 said:
Wannabe2 said:
samidevils said:

Not a matter of walking out,he has a contract and CAN'T go anywhere!

Craig Macdonald can sign in Britain no problem as the governing bodies (theres a laugh for you) dont cross over.

Manchester Phoenix were on both sides of this recently with one player leaving here to go to the CHL and them signing a guy from the CHL who had already signed a contract. IF Macdonald so wish he could sign here.

Wannabe2

Hinks released by Devils

Cardiff Devils coach Gerad Adams has today confirmed that Canadian forward Rod Hinks has been released.
“We’ve given two weeks notice to Rod,” Adams said. “I think we needed a change up front and it’s part salary cap, part performance.”

Hinks, whose period of notice began on October 20, appeared in 14 games for the Devils, scoring twice and adding 9 assists after joining in the summer.

However, his contribution did not match Adams’ expectations and the Devils coach has decided to make a change.

“The thing I look for from my players is energy and enthusiasm every night,” Adams added.
“I don’t think Rod intentionally came in here to not be able to put the puck in the net but for whatever reason he struggled and some players just can’t perform in some situations.”

The Devils have appreciated Hinks’ professional approach during his time in Cardiff and will miss his personality in the locker room.

“I just wish Rod all the best for the future,” Adams said.
“He’s handled the situation like a professional and its one of those things where a decision and a change had to be made.”

Adams now has his eye on another forward and is hopeful to confirm a signing in the coming days.

“I’m looking at bringing in a younger guy, a right handed player who can really shoot the puck,” he said.