Hinks gone

James

Administrator
Re: Hinks gone?

I guess it does.

More interestingly from the press release (which we were expecting to be honest) is that the replacement is 'a younger guy', so at least now we Nose who it isn't.

James

Administrator

Surely we would be looking to replace Hinks with an import, unless we get another brit forward like Richardson in and keep Andersson when healthy ??

Koop11

I want to wish Rod all the best. Ok, it hasn’t worked out and there certianly is a general conscious that Hinks was not up to scratch for whatever reason but he is a human being and effectively has just been made unemployed. I hope wherever he goes he has a better time than he did in Cardiff

From another angle, I am pleased that Gerad has recognised the need for change and has acted accordingly. We lack a lot of fire power and while Hinks’ record, which cannot be disputed, suggests he had that, his recent performances demonstrated that he is not the player he was in recent years.

I’m sure the new guy will contribute to the teams tally and will be very well aware of what Gerad’s expectations are. I hope there is a transition of Hinks leaving and the new guy coming in. We can ill afford to be short benched again if we can help it.

Good luck Hinks.

Wannabe2

Koop11 said:
I want to wish Rod all the best. Ok, it hasn’t worked out and there certianly is a general conscious that Hinks was not up to scratch for whatever reason but he is a human being and effectively has just been made unemployed. I hope wherever he goes he has a better time than he did in Cardiff

From another angle, I am pleased that Gerad has recognised the need for change and has acted accordingly. We lack a lot of fire power and while Hinks’ record, which cannot be disputed, suggests he had that, his recent performances demonstrated that he is not the player he was in recent years.

I’m sure the new guy will contribute to the teams tally and will be very well aware of what Gerad’s expectations are. I hope there is a transition of Hinks leaving and the new guy coming in. We can ill afford to be short benched again if we can help it.

Good luck Hinks.
Totally second that, great shame it didnt work out for the player and the club alike. Nobody likes to see anyone lose there job, hopefully Rod will be sorted soon, maybe still in this country. In the meantime hope he works his notice, and that the new guy is a good fit.

Gazza272

Thread starter #53
Fair play thats a brutally honest assesment from Rod and its good to see that there is no bitterness from his side.

I am glad we had a player and have a club that can handle things in this professional and amicable manner :)

I don't think the guy deserved all the crap he received on this forum as he looked like a nice guy and he seemed to love it in Cardiff, he came with a pretty good pedigree but just didn't find his form playing for the Devils.

all the best for the future Rod wherever that may be..

black_line1997 said:
I don't think the guy deserved all the crap he received on this forum as he looked like a nice guy and he seemed to love it in Cardiff, he came with a pretty good pedigree but just didn't find his form playing for the Devils.

Agreed, at the end of the day he's a man who, although trying his best, has lost his job. We must remember that whilst some constructive is good, excessive abuse is not fair. These players are not NHL players earning £millions and we must bare this in mind from time to time.

Good luck Rod.

El Supremo said:
Agreed, at the end of the day he's a man who, although trying his best, has lost his job. We must remember that whilst some constructive is good, excessive abuse is not fair. These players are not NHL players earning £millions and we must bare this in mind from time to time.

Good luck Rod.

El Supremo said:
Looks like it's 5-1 now. This really isn't good enough. I wonder how long it will take Burge to realise this also and either sack Adams or demand replacements in terms of players (Hinks would be one of the players I'd replace in a heartbeat) - he certainly has the money to do it.
El Supremo said:
If results keep going against us I really don't think Burge will hesitate in getting a replacement of Adams ASAP. At the end of the day crowds will start dwindling if the team is losing.
El Supremo said:
phil PLT said:
El Supremo said:
Looks like it's 5-1 now. This really isn't good enough. I wonder how long it will take Burge to realise this also and either sack Adams or demand replacements in terms of players (Hinks would be one of the players I'd replace in a heartbeat) - he certainly has the money to do it.
Oh for christ sake El Supremo get a grip :roll:
I think I have a grip. phil PLT, can you honestly say from anything you've seen this season that we will at least challenge for anything? For a team with such a great sporting legacy this isn;t good enough. I say let's gas a few players e.g. Hinks and a few others, drop down to 10 imports and go for the higher wage limit before it's too late and we can still make an impact.
I'm sure there's more if I could be bothered looking for them! :( :cry:

steve

El Supremo said:
black_line1997 said:

Good luck Rod.

He may not be an NHLer, but he is a paid professional. He didn't perform so he's gone. Simple.

I don't think he's been 'abused' at all on this forum, he has been criticised definately. I wish Hinks all the best in the future, and think he showed good grace in his comments - but lets not start getting sentimental now, especially given your post history on the matter!