Hinks gone

Wow, you actually looked up my posts. You must have a lot of free time on your hands.

In my post I did not say that I didn't call for Hinks to go, I simply stated that he shouldn't get abused (I'm not saying I was faultless - but then I don't think I overly harsh or unfair on him either unlike some others have been).

El Supremo said:
Wow, you actually looked up my posts. You must have a lot of free time on your hands.
No Not really - I just typed into search "el Supremo" & "negative" and got pages and pages of the stuff, so I just took the first couple - it made a point! ;)

took seconds really

steve

El Supremo said:

In my post I did not say that I didn't call for Hinks to go, I simply stated that he shouldn't get abused (I'm not saying I was faultless - but then I don't think I overly harsh or unfair on him either unlike some others have been).

Sorry El, just to be clear on this point ... no one has abused Hinks on this forum. I'm not sure exactly what you think abuse is, but there is a clear distinction between abuse and criticism. You may think i'm being anal about this, but there are 'political sensitivities' that we need to adhere to, which aren't helped by users saying that this is a place where players are abused.

Koop11 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2008/10/23/ice-hockey-adams-gets-tough-in-bid-to-lift-devils-91466-22097600/

Well we won’t see Hinks before he goes (gone).
so he is was on a 2 weeks notice only to leave now :? :?

Gazza272

Thread starter #67
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Koop11 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2008/10/23/ice-hockey-adams-gets-tough-in-bid-to-lift-devils-91466-22097600/

To be honest thats hwo it usually works, Deschatelets last season was an extreme case.

Gazza272 said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Koop11 said:

To be honest thats hwo it usually works, Deschatelets last season was an extreme case.
right ok, start Tyson on the first line sunday :D

Sliput

El Supremo said:
black_line1997 said:
I don't think the guy deserved all the crap he received on this forum as he looked like a nice guy and he seemed to love it in Cardiff, he came with a pretty good pedigree but just didn't find his form playing for the Devils.

all the best for the future Rod wherever that may be..
Agreed, at the end of the day he's a man who, although trying his best, has lost his job. We must remember that whilst some constructive is good, excessive abuse is not fair. These players are not NHL players earning £millions and we must bare this in mind from time to time.

Good luck Rod.
Not picking on you specifically El but the types of posts like yours....do you really think Hinks gives a toss what is posted on forums about him ? i doubt it very much doubt it. Also i dont think G came on here and thought ''Gosh,the fans really dont like Hinks i must get rid of him''.

If you are paid to do a job and you cant do the job to the standard required you are sacked,that happens in any walk of life.

After a game in which the Devils lost (A game Hinks played awful) Hinks was in the bar blaming other members of team.......everyone apart from himself.

Its a shame someone has to be sacked in any job but he couldnt do the job he was paid to do...so he had to go.

rolf

I know as a fact that G doesn't read this nor the papers particularly much as it would sideline him and distract him from what he is trying to achieve. I believe he is in receipt of data-based feedback from his employers and his team and like a good pro, that is what will be his influence.

I suspect it would also be a pretty masochistic player, who knowing he was in a slump, would come on here to see what we thought. Therein lies a madness I reckon.

Kipper

rolf said:
Therein lies a madness I reckon.
And you would know all about that matey!!

A hard but necessary decision by G as it was clear that Hinks was struggling.However it must be said that it was a classy response from Hinks.I hope that he finds another team and has more success there than he did with us.

A

Anonymous

Reggie Dunlop said:
El Supremo said:
No Not really - I just typed into search "el Supremo" & "negative" and got pages and pages of the stuff, so I just took the first couple - it made a point! ;)

took seconds really
Why do you feel the need to make that point Reggie? A pretty spiteful post, don't you think?

Fubar

steve said:
Sorry El, just to be clear on this point ... no one has abused Hinks on this forum. I'm not sure exactly what you think abuse is, but there is a clear distinction between abuse and criticism. You may think i'm being anal about this, but there are 'political sensitivities' that we need to adhere to, which aren't helped by users saying that this is a place where players are abused.
sorry steve...if this isnt abuse then i dont know what is, written by a moderator on this forum

RichardR said:
Personnaly i think thats hinks would have skated faster if he was offered a mcdonalds! There's a tip for you G! Offer the fat b*****d a mcdonalds!! He might actually do some work then!!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

the whole thread borders on direct character abuse and should be deleted

With respect Fubar, What I said is my opinion!! Everybody is allowed to have an opinion! If you don't like someone having an opinion, may I suggest a well known forum that bans people for having an opinion.

At the time, I posted that comment, it was clear for all to see that hinks was doing nothing for the team, not even skating, so as you can imagine, with 8/9 straight losses, people are going to be fed up with players being lazy and not playing and at the time of the post, I was fed up!! Fed up of the team losing, and fed up with hinks' attitude and laziness.!

completely agree fubar and i stated so at the time, i thought that comment was appauling and coming from a moderator just makes it even worse. Im all up for criticism if a player isnt performing, as we all know hinks wasnt but i really thought some of those comments were really bad. Just because he didnt manage to fit in doesnt mean you should make comments like that, how would you feel if someone sed those things about you?
I really like this forum and its moderated a hell of a lot better than the squeelers forum but i think sometimes the moderating can be a little bit to lose. I know some people are going to have a go about me saying that but thats just my opinion.

RichardR said:
With respect Fubar, What I said is my opinion!! Everybody is allowed to have an opinion! If you don't like someone having an opinion, may I suggest a well known forum that bans people for having an opinion.

At the time, I posted that comment, it was clear for all to see that hinks was doing nothing for the team, not even skating, so as you can imagine, with 8/9 straight losses, people are going to be fed up with players being lazy and not playing and at the time of the post, I was fed up!! Fed up of the team losing, and fed up with hinks' attitude and laziness.!
8/9 straight loses???? where are you getting those statistics from? the most loses they've had in a row is like 4

rolf

And to be fair to RichardR he is also a fat bustard so he speaks from a position of authority. I also work with him and after a McDonalds he is a total blurrrrrrrr. So apparently it does work. Sound advice from a sound bloke............

Fubar

RichardR said:

i commented on Steve's post about no abuse on the forum and highlighted yours. what you have written above is an opinion but what you wrote before is clearly abuse.

Verbal abuse: When a person uses profanity, demeaning talk, or threatening statements.

you implied that the player was a useless b* or words to that effect. that is clearly verbal abuse. i challenge you to deny that it isnt. try calling a copper that and see where you end up!! My point was clearly stating that Steve was wrong about his assumption of no abuse on the forum...no more no less. what you call players/individuals is of no concern to me, but what i find comical is the fact you come back on here and backtrack saying its your opinion. its your forum, you moderate it so say what you like, but from a public perspective it just doesn't look like you guys sing from the same hymn sheet

Sliput

[quote="Fubar
Verbal abuse: When a person uses profanity, demeaning talk, or threatening statements.

you implied that the player was a useless b* or words to that effect. that is clearly verbal abuse. i challenge you to deny that it isnt. try calling a copper that and see where you end up!! My point was clearly stating that Steve was wrong about his assumption of no abuse on the forum...no more no less. what you call players/individuals is of no concern to me, but what i find comical is the fact you come back on here and backtrack saying its your opinion. its your forum, you moderate it so say what you like, but from a public perspective it just doesn't look like you guys sing from the same hymn sheet[/quote]

Sorry to be pedantic here but verbal abuse is the ''spoken'' word...as in face to face which this clearly wasnt it was the wriiten word so i am unsure how you would call it...if the statement is untrue then it is libelous but as Hinks was sacked it couldnt have been untrue.

Everyone has opinions....everyone disagrees with each other at some point.
I agree that i do think other peoples opinions are unfair and random but i defend their right to air them.