Hinks gone

Rempel16

Sliput said:
Sorry to be pedantic here but verbal abuse is the ''spoken'' word...as in face to face which this clearly wasnt it was the wriiten word so i am unsure how you would call it...if the statement is untrue then it is libelous but as Hinks was sacked it couldnt have been untrue.
So the Devils have sacked Hinks because of that reason? Then surely they are liable too. Whether verbal or written imo richardr went too far.
If a player deserves to be criticised in a constructive way ie. lack of speed, lack of effort, not enough forecheck, not enough points production etc thats fine but personal attacks should not be tolerated in a public domain. Just my opinion of course.

Would richardr have said that comment to hinks if talking to him in person? I very much doubt it. Whereas any constructive criticism i'm sure hinks would respect the comments and possibly agree.

august04 said:
Reggie Dunlop said:
El Supremo said:
Wow, you actually looked up my posts. You must have a lot of free time on your hands.
No Not really - I just typed into search "el Supremo" & "negative" and got pages and pages of the stuff, so I just took the first couple - it made a point! ;)

took seconds really
Why do you feel the need to make that point Reggie? A pretty spiteful post, don't you think?
Spiteful, definitely not..i have no axe to grind. Yes it maybe was a bit on the harsh side, but nowhere near as harsh as the "criticism" dished out towards Hinks on the last couple of threads!

try a statement like "I would sack him in a heartbeat" - (one of the milder comments made by anyone) - is that spiteful? harsh? a statement abuse? ridicule? constructive criticism? personal attack? or just frustration against the team when it not performing?

this is a public forum and everyone has a right to their own opinion, but that opinion is then there for posterity, and is easily viewed. and, if you post something you should stand by it or argue a change of heart or mind. El is a prolific poster but as yet he has not replied publicly in any way, therefore I assume that he wants to leave it where it is.

El has a history of calling for everyone to be sacked but then feigns sympathy towards a player who has been continually ridiculed and singled out for all of the teams' woes on this forum since the season started.

As I said in my post that started this, there is more of I could be bothered to look for them! and by that I meant that it wasn't just El, he just happened to be the poster that was top of the list as I was reading the thread and probably the most vocal on calling for the guy to be sacked. Although I do have to admit he wasn't the most aggressive.

I don't wish El any harm, I certainly don't have a problem with him. He is actually good for this forum as he is prepared to say what he is thinking and it would be a very boring place if we were all clones.

My glass is always full, I am an eternal optimist, some people find fault with everything and I'm sure that I will be eventually targeted for being too upbeat, but hey, that's life on a forum

rolf said:
And to be fair to RichardR he is also a fat bustard so he speaks from a position of authority. I also work with him and after a McDonalds he is a total blurrrrrrrr. So apparently it does work. Sound advice from a sound bloke............
haha rolf, you are soo funny mate!! I may be overweight, but whenever I play hockey, I give 110%. I very rarely eat mcdonalds mate, too fattening! Im trying to lose the pounds, not put them on!! lol :lol: :lol: