Inferno Interview - Tylor Michel

Wannabe2

Sheincar said:
Hynod said:
According to Ragan he agreed terms with us and was being announced last night. Something happened and now he is off to Steel town and it wasnt wages.
And Ragan couldn't explain that last night because.....................?
Maybe its too personnal, just maybe, he,s gone we move on Tylor was very well liked but he isnt the beginning and the end, but a small fish in a big pond in Nth America we can and will replace him of that i am sure. After all before he came here who was he.

Koop11

I was disappointed when I hear this last night. Whatever the reason, to go sign for one of your biggest rivals hurts. We move on. As far as I'm concerned, Lady Tylor is now the opposition and I hope he gets no special treatment when he returns to Cardiff. Hit him hard. Welcome him back in style.

Let’s just hope that should he score against us that he shows a bit more class than Pelle did last season.

Regan has no right to announce a Sheffield signing before they do,he was right to keep quiet.The man cant do right in some peoples eyes.Yet others who have turned their backs on the Devils are still thought of as heros by some.I find that strange.

jimmy snels

if this is true im firmly in the traitor waggon, anyone but them and he knows it to! stuff all this "its a short career, do whats best lalala" we worshipped the guy and he shows us that level of respect in return? get a grip!

voth26

as much as i liked him, now he's just an exdevil playing for our biggest rivals, thats unforgivable for me, he wont get any hand clapps or cheers from me what so ever.

Ocko

Ragan letting the cat out of the bag before the Steelers press release saying how they poached Tylor?

Meh! Who cares if he spoiled their party! I doubt many outside of Sheffield are miffed!

Gutted about Michel but just proves fans shouldn't fall for all that rubbish players usually spin about what a great city and fans we have blah blah blah! They all say it but very rarely it's true, we just foolishly believe everyone loves it here! Proves that by him signing for our biggest rivals that we don't really matter!

drainage

Ocko said:
Ragan letting the cat out of the bag before the Steelers press release saying how they poached Tylor?

Meh! Who cares if he spoiled their party! I doubt many outside of Sheffield are miffed!

Gutted about Michel but just proves fans shouldn't fall for all that rubbish players usually spin about what a great city and fans we have blah blah blah! They all say it but very rarely it's true, we just foolishly believe everyone loves it here! Proves that by him signing for our biggest rivals that we don't really matter!
Truth is very few players have loyallty - another truth is watch what you say when going as it sure will bite you on bum on way back !! If he went for same money then sorry he goes down a bit in my estimation - just my view.

But he's gone and as someone said earlier hope he plays against us with more class and grace than Pelle showed. He is now very much not a Devil and Sep to April we will have plenty of time to show him the error of his ways and hopefully he sees it from laying flat on his bum on ice !!!

A

Anonymous

Michel isnt the 1st or last to leave devils for steelers.
Remember hockey players careers are not long and they want championships/playoff glory.
Devils cant give players this and thats why they leave us.

If i was playing hockey for 15yrs for steelers id be guaranteed atleast 4 to 5 trophies.
Devils you cannot predict will get you 1.

When i retire i wanna look in trophy cabinet and see something worth my time,

TheStub

Re: Re: Inferno Interview - Tylor Michel

Zack Kassian said:
Remember hockey players careers are not long and they want championships/playoff glory.

If i was playing hockey for 15yrs for steelers id be guaranteed atleast 4 to 5 trophies.

Exactly.

We are a small team, and little to offer. Tylor has come very close to a trophy 3 years running, perhaps he actually wants to get to lift one.

I think its a bit over the top to call him a traitor. At the end of the day it's Tylor's choice which hockey team he goes to. Maybe he will be back with us in the future, but not if all of the fans hates him for a choice he made to go to a different team.

DevilDom

I'm as gutted as anyone that he has gone to the Steelers but won't be giving him any additional or unecessary stick when he comes back to the tent. However, I won't be giving him any slack either. He will be just another steelers player.

Zack makes a good point - it doesn't sound like it was about the money, as PR said as much himself, it sounds like he wants to win something. I can't blame him for that but it doesn't make me feel better about it!

voth26

Zack Kassian said:

you make some good points, the only thing i will say is that to an extent he made his name with the devils and had a career year with us!!!!

TheStub

voth26 said:
Zack Kassian said:

you make some good points, the only thing i will say is that to an extent he made his name with the devils and had a career year with us!!!!
So he can now cash in, his choice.

Strange no announcement from Shuff.

Skippy

Thread starter #37

TheStub said:
Strange no announcement from Shuff.
It is a bit odd yeah.

Dave Simms did have a bit of a go at / about Paul Ragan on twitter breaking the news early but otherwise nothing.

Maybe they haven't got signed paperwork back just a verbal agreement or something ?

I'm failing to see how he is a traitor or a Judas as he has signed for another team in the league regardless of who they are.

So the guy said he loved Cardiff and would come back etc etc, hockey is a short career that you are always going to leave the game with some sort of permenant injury - scars, broken bones, bad back, bum knees or missing teeth so you have to get out of it what you can.

It's not always about the the money or the fact your a fan favourite somewhere, it's about about enjoying your time, playing with the best team possible and winning tropheys & cups etc.

If I were him and was offered say £500 a week with Cardiff & offered £450 a week with Sheffield but Sheffield offered a nicer living arrangement, better facilities - rink, gym & healthcare, better equipment budget to get the brand you wanted not whatever was available and more importantly than anything a chance to play on a team that on paper is stacked up and looking like serious contenders for every trophy going I would be Sheffield bound for sure.

Cardiff don't have the facilities, team budget or equipment budget to be able to throw at players to make them want to come here over the likes of Sheffield, Nottingham or Belfast. The big arena teams have so much more to offer players who are used to playing in big set ups not little tents with leaky walls, freezing temperatures and terrible history in the hockey world.

Other things to take into consideration is the travel schedule, Sheffield is bang in the middle of the country where as Cardiff has a minimum 2.5 trip to play their nearest rivals. Sheffield have a 45 minute juant across town to get to the Panthers. Players get fed up of spending hours on end cooped up in a coach each week, another comfort to throw in Sheffield’s favour.

Look at the NHL and how players will go to teams just to have a legitimate better chance of winning a cup that they have chased their whole lives. Ray Bourque played his whole career in Boston before going to Colorado when they were staked just so he had a shot at the cup, Mike Modano did it last season with the Red Wings, Marian Hossa jumped around teams looking to win a cup and once he'd done so he signed a big deal to stay.

It's all about what the player desires most regardless of his feelings or attachments to a certain team or city. Steve Thornton's wife is a Cardiff girl yet he still went on to play in a better league and then went to Basingstoke and Belfast rather than back to the Devils where he made his name and met his wife and mother of his children.

As Stub says we are a middle table team at best and manage to pull a few surprises. This is done through hard work and the whole team pulling together in the same direction not by bringing the best quality of players in every year.

Abuse Tylor if that’s what makes you happy but try and look at situations without your Devils tinted specs and as a neutral. Forget you are a diehard Devils fan and think what you would like most out of your life and career.

What is also disappointing was how he was highly critical of the league and referees when he left us. I didn't think he would ever come back to this country to play. Let's hope he gets a suspension for them at a critical time like he did with us (one of the reasons we didn't win the league two seasons ago). What is going to be more difficult for me is to tell my 8 year old daughter that her favourite player two seasons ago is joining Sheffield. She's still wondering why her current favourite hasn't re-signed yet (Jeff Pierce).