Inferno Interview - Tylor Michel

skippy said:
It's a game ? At the end of the day.

Traitor seems more than a bit strong ?
My god finally someone said it.

He owes us nothing guys. Seriously he's not the first to make the move and he won't be the last.

Yeah I'll boo him when he comes back to the tent just the same as I'll boo any Steelers player but players play for championships and he has a much better chance there.

I'll agree it stings but it's the nature of the GAME :DWD

I think what we all need to remember is it is better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all!
To put it into relationship terms, he was our first love who then decided we weren't his and buggered off with the guy with the big wallet and flash car and there's nothing we can do about it........not that it's ever happened to me of course.

I'm totally gutted but we all just need to keep our grads held high a be ready to fall for the right one

Paul Sullivan

Am I the only one with a Cee-Lo Green track on loop in my head?

Great player for us. Not our player anymore. Sharpen the pitchforks like any other Steeler.

it's not great is it but i'll treat him with the same respect ? as i did pelle. silence, till he upset me with the goal antictes, that's when i lost it, i think you'll probubly fine it's his better half that drives his car, took my money thow, some people are driven by money, now't else matters and sheffield seem to have an awfull lot of it at the moment, thay seem to be the perfect match. i am now officialy more interested in who we sign.

DevilDom

The king is dead. Long live the King!

We will have another hero next year and Tylor will be treated just like any other steeler player when he turns up at the tent.

osh

Funny old game eh, and even funnier people involved in it! :eek:
What was the chant ''You've been Tylored''!!
Well, it seems as if ''We've been Tylored'' !! :lol: :lol:

We've lost much better players than Michel in the past. Strangely enough, I never really saw him as a player we couldn't do without, even though it is fair to say he gave his all for the team. I think he is a mercenary type of player who will give his all for whichever team that employs him. I wish him well of course, but hope we don't ever make the mistake of having him back here in Cardiff ( as PR intimates ) I am now hoping that G has his sights set on a player in the McIntyre/MacWilliam/Boh mould who would soon sort out any nonsense that Michel may try against us !! ;)

Wow, I've never seen someone described as a mercenary for giving his all to whichever team he plays for. That it's the exact opposite of how I would describe them, a player that goes for the money and never cares about the team.

osh

bluedevil said:
Wow, I've never seen someone described as a mercenary for giving his all to whichever team he plays for. That it's the exact opposite of how I would describe them, a player that goes for the money and never cares about the team.

Well you have now eh!! Put the date in your diary :lol:

the more i think about it, tylor to steelers is but a blip compaired to the utter devestation of betrail i felt when chinny went there, not sure if i've got over it yet.

Tylor was a hero for us, he never gave less than a 100%, and gave me a lot of good memories and i wish him all the very best in the future...................except when he plays us, then i hope he has an absolute mare, and gets put through the plexi!

Earnie

I hope his decision to switch to Sheffield has nothing to do with his buddy not coming back to us - one we had been led to believe IS coming back?

Ocko

Just proves how unbelievably loyal Voth was to us. Every player always says what a great city, fans etc but few mean it. They're just mercenaries really chasing the next pay cheque. The devils are nothing more to most players than a wage. We are just very lucky to have had a few players like Voth in our history who truly cared. Sadly we take this for granted and think every player is the same and should be 'privileged' to play for us.

Earnie

Well said Ocko.

Brad Voth was loyal despite the big teams in the league wanting him.
If I remember correctly he came back for his last season at a reduced rate because of our finacial state and his desire to be a Devil.

TheStub

These guys show teams the same loyalty I hope we show them - which is chase the best deal.

Personally I like teams to build over seasons with a good amount of stability - but if a "loyal" player no longer fits the squad I'd hope we'd not re-sign them. In the same way, players should be looking for the same thing.

I'm just excited to see gritty hockey again. He can be a game changing player, but isn't the best player in the league by a long straw.

Make no bones about this one, this is purely money! That's the difference between a top coach like "G" and a rookie coach like Finnerty who seems to think that the answer to assembling a roster is to throw money at it.
I would have loved to see Ty back at the tent but we have to be realistic with our budget and spend within our means. I feel for G & Franny it must be frustrating trying to build a roster with our constraints.
At the end of the day I would rather players that want to play for the club and live in our great City, as opposed to "show me the money" here today gone tomorrow!
As the saying goes " good things come to those who wait"
I beleive all the turmoil we fans & coaching staff have had to endure with facilities etc, our time is coming and with our new home just around the corner we will I'm certain return to good times.

buzzwagon said:
1.Make no bones about this one, this is purely money! 2. That's the difference between a top coach like "G" and a rookie coach like Finnerty who seems to think that the answer to assembling a roster is to throw money at it.
3.At the end of the day I would rather players that want to play for the club and live in our great City, as opposed to "show me the money" here today gone tomorrow!
1. Your owner said its not about the money
2. Dont get your second bit.
3. I think you need to get real, that just dosent happen in modern sport, with quality players. Players use the EIHL as a stepping stone to Europe that is well documented get used to it. (the ones that dont move on are either too old or not good enough)

ASHIPP

IN G (AND FRANNY) WE COMPLETELY TRUST

Here are the facts:

Last season, Devils achieved 4th place in the League, the CC semi final and the Playoff final on a budget a fraction of the size of their opposition teams, with a roster blighted by injury but with tremendous team spirit and courage.....WITHOUT Tylor, without Jon Pelle, without Finnerty.
Massive achievements the Team and fans can be proud of. :cool:

The Sheffield Steelers, with their heavily stacked Hollywood roster,achieved....? Nothing, that's right. :lol:

Lot of negative energy and anger being expended over this situation but more so over the WAY this has happened, rather than the fact it's the Steelers. I feel frustrated and disappointed for G and Franny who obviously worked hard to even get TM interested in a return to the UK.
But he has made his choice and we must move on. He was respected as a great player here - but now an ex-player. One player does not make a team.

It's only an opinion, but it's totally unrealistic to start comparing the strengths and weaknesses of incomplete rosters before the season even starts.
It's easy to 'talk the talk' when players are signed.....but it's whether the team can 'walk the walk' in competitions that really matters. ;)

p.s. Have to accept that players move on, but if anyone is looking for 'player integrity and loyalty' out there, you only need to look at our own senior players to see it does exist :
G (7 years at Devils), Max (6 years), Hilly (all his career), Richie (5 years), Smith Brothers (3rd season), Ossie (3rd season) :cool: