Inferno Interview - Tylor Michel

DevilDom

I asked Tylor his reasons for choosing Sheffield on twitter not really expecting him to answer. I was quite surprised when he did. I hope he doesn't mind too much if I put his response on here as it might help some people accept it a little better. His DM's to me were:

Not money. I honestly want to experience a new city. I think it will be cool to tell my kids some day that I played in Wales and England. See a opportunity to win here too. want to win a championship badly! Plus way better hockey facility.

He didn't have to respond but he did, which I think shows something in itself. He is doing what he thinks is best for him, his family and his hockey career. I'm still disappointed about it especially as its the steelers he has gone to but I can understand those reasons as most people probably will.

osh

Fair play DD, he gave pretty good reasons. It's not money, he wants to win a chapionship so maybe he is more impressed with who Steelers have already signed or are chasing as opposed to who we have signed or are chasing? With us having to wait another 2 years or so for a new arena, he sees the facilities in Sheffield as better than ours and at this point in time he is probably right!

Skippy

Thread starter #123
Re: Re: Inferno Interview - Tylor Michel

DevilDom said:
I asked Tylor his reasons for choosing Sheffield on twitter not really expecting him to answer. I was quite surprised when he did. I hope he doesn't mind too much if I put his response on here as it might help some people accept it a little better. His DM's to me were:

Not money. I honestly want to experience a new city. I think it will be cool to tell my kids some day that I played in Wales and England. See a opportunity to win here too. want to win a championship badly! Plus way better hockey facility.

He didn't have to respond but he did, which I think shows something in itself. He is doing what he thinks is best for him, his family and his hockey career. I'm still disappointed about especially as its the steelers he has gone to but I can understand those reasons.
He's great with responding he really is, the two interviews he did with us show that they are both awesome.

I'm sad to see him go elsewhere but he's a good guy and I hope it goes well for him ( except when he's playing Cardiff).

jimmy snels

i could be grown up after reading that, but, well, here goes......

BBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

jimmy snels said:

BBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!
Theres nothing to be grown up about im with you Jimmy. We all accepted the reasons why he'd gone before he said it himself. Accepting them doesn't mean you have to be happy about them. Stop licking his a*** guys at the end of the day a guy hailed a legend by manys is now just Steeler SCUM!

DevilDom

Who said anything about sucking up to him? I agree he is just another Steelers player now and told him not to expect an easy ride when he comes back to the tent. He is no longer a Devils player and will be treated the same as any other visiting player. That should be the end of it. There is no need to go OTT as some people have on here.

DevilDom said:
Who said anything about sucking up to him? I agree he is just another Steelers player now and told him not to expect an easy ride when he comes back to the tent. He is no longer a Devils player and will be treated the same as any other visiting player. That should be the end of it. There is no need to go OTT as some people have on here.
Well said DevilDom

DevilDom said:
+1

Gaz G

Screw him. Understand his reasons but he must be aware that what he has done will cause upset down here. We as fans gave him more than many players and he has forgotten that. Again, screw him. Traitor

I think more it shows more the lack of scouting ability finnerty has IMO,

relying on old ties with us to get signings now, instead of puting the work in and looking for new people.

i know he has signed "new" players to this league,
but to me i see it more as him than tylor,
as an athlete, a player, if your offered enough money/royalties etc, you will go,

for finnerty (an ex captain for us) to warrent this signing, i find more of a **** you to us!

thats my rant..........

osh

phildavies21 said:
jimmy snels said:

Theres nothing to be grown up about im with you Jimmy. We all accepted the reasons why he'd gone before he said it himself. Accepting them doesn't mean you have to be happy about them. Stop licking his a*** guys at the end of the day a guy hailed a legend by manys is now just Steeler SCUM!

Stay out of the sun pal it's going to be even hotter today!! :lol:

jimmy snels

To be honest i think there is a bit of sucking up going on! Get a grip he could have gone any where but he picked sheffield knowing how much we hate them! He got more than almost any player we've had and now he's stuck two fingers up in my book. i dont ever feel the need to befriend players on Facebook or twatter! Clouds the vision IMO. I LOVED the guy but now he's become my enemy and i won't b tapping a tamberine shouting welcome back my good Facebook friend tylor, please have my babies like half of u! :lol:

now to hit the sun and drink some cider, joining me OSH ?! :lol:

jimmy snels said:
To be honest i think there is a bit of sucking up going on! Get a grip he could have gone any where but he picked sheffield knowing how much we hate them! He got more than almost any player we've had and now he's stuck two fingers up in my book. i dont ever feel the need to befriend players on Facebook or twatter! Clouds the vision IMO. I LOVED the guy but now he's become my enemy and i won't b tapping a tamberine shouting welcome back my good Facebook friend tylor, please have my babies like half of u! :lol:

If your getting this wound up about a game I wouldn't like to see you when your annoyed about something serious :lol:

Really who cares, he plays for them now. He will get a hostile reception at the bbt much like any Steelers player.

jimmy snels

I was being semi sarcastic in my reply but to be honest it is annoying how the puck bunnies always defend their 'Facebook friends'. And your right if i was really annoyed id have done the decent thing and taken a hammer and a van to sheffield to sort this problem right out Lmao

osh

jimmy snels said:

Sun? I'm longing for a bit of rain tbh !!
Best offer I've had in weeks JS :D especially if you're paying :lol:
No booze (legal) where I am at this time, only 4 weeks to go though!

DevilDom

Jimmy I'm not sure who your comments are aimed at but if its me you need to grow up. I am as gutted as anyone but I can also take a grown up view on it as well. I'm not friends with tylor, I simply asked him a question on twitter. Rest assured I will be giving him as hard a time as anyone when he comes back.

jimmy snels

Not aimed at one person in particular DD more of a general observation that people are missing the point that he's stuck two fingers up at the devils fans IMO. I did say my reply was semi sarcastic to b fair. as OSH has spotted with his humorous response. Grow up? na, i like being the voice of reason and Im reasoning that Im going to booooooo the hell out the guy then he comes back and i hope u'll join in the Judas!

Koop11

I’m as disappointed as everyone with his decision but it has happened and we need to move on. Lady Tylor has given his reasons and we need to respect his decision, albeit if we don’t agree with it. The guy is clearly aware of how fans feel about his decision and I hope he will be nervous about retuning to the big blue tent. I’m sure the fans will make him feel very welcome when he touches the puck. I hope he gets levelled (clean but hard) but I hope with any Steelers player that tries to cross our blue line.