Inferno Interview - Tylor Michel

voth26

danhall76 said:
voth26 said:
Thats a good point osh, i certainly wouldnt want him in a devils shirt ever again.
Would bother me if he did. I liked him when he was here and feel he'd always be a good addition to our team at any point.

Don't be bitter about a player going to another club. There is little loyalty in sport and I don't feel he owed us a return. I just like that the league is shaping up well for next year with a bit of grit that I think we can all agree was missing last year!!
Not bitter about tylor going to another club, for me it's the way that it seems to have unfolded ie agrees deal then last minute for whatever reason pulls out. i dont feel he owed us a return either as you say there is very little loyalty with players

voth26 said:
Zack Kassian said:
Tylor has said sorry to the devils fans,
Aslo thanks to the ones who are sticking by him.
where has he said this?
On twitter he's said he appreciates the Devils fans that have wished him well. Unfortunately that'll rule me out.

I think the vast majority of fans would accept and wish him well with any other eihl club, but not Sheffield. It shows a lack of respect to Devils fans IMO after all that has gone on between the two clubs in recent years. More so with the way his sigining seems to have transpired :(

Not wanting to run Tylor down as he was one of my favourite players, but for me the second half of his last season with us was by far his best
With silly penalties, lack of goals and big hits, he seemed to have burt out, and with the Swedish team not offering him a quality return deal, I wonder if he would have been an asset

To make another point "In G I trust" he and Franny are one hell of a team and the heart of our beloved Devils.

Wannabe2

Maybe we put Tylor in the Brad, Maxi, Gerad box, and he clearly wasnt even near it, loved the guy like everyone else, but a kick in the teeth to Devils fans who had a lot of faith in the man. Anyway we move on, there are tons of Tylors in Nth America, they are equivelant to our 4th division footballers. Have a blast in Pantomine land Tylor, and keep your head up when you semi -grace the ice at the BBT.

As annoyed as some of us clearly are isn't it time we put it behind us and channel our energy into chirping the Steelers for once again jumping on our cast offs? even if it hurts inside? #sloppyseconds

Gaz G

Mark666 said:
As annoyed as some of us clearly are isn't it time we put it behind us and channel our energy into chirping the Steelers for once again jumping on our cast offs? even if it hurts inside? #sloppyseconds
Hardly a cast off though is he. Nobody cared when regan darby signed for them as he was pants. Slightly different this time around. Be good to see batchy batter him.

yes, don't forget he was only a 3 rd liner and used us as a steping stone to europe ! 12 months later he's in sheffield, that's failure in my book and if wannabe 2 has washed his hands of him, that say's it all. onward and upward.

jester said:
buzzwagon said:
1.Make no bones about this one, this is purely money! 2. That's the difference between a top coach like "G" and a rookie coach like Finnerty who seems to think that the answer to assembling a roster is to throw money at it.
3.At the end of the day I would rather players that want to play for the club and live in our great City, as opposed to "show me the money" here today gone tomorrow!
1. Your owner said its not about the money
2. Dont get your second bit.
3. I think you need to get real, that just dosent happen in modern sport, with quality players. Players use the EIHL as a stepping stone to Europe that is well documented get used to it. (the ones that dont move on are either too old or not good enough)
Point 1, I personally wouldn't listen to our owners radio. Having said that though, I would be way more concerned if Tylors reasons for signing for Sheffield were not financial. We struggle as a club to match certain teams budgets which puts us down in the pecking order from the off. If a player who knows the city and the fans already and has stated that he loved his stint here last time around chooses another elite team over us for other reasons we will be pushed even further down the recruitment pile.

Point 2, Makes perfect sense. G and Franny have assembled competitive teams repeatedly despite having a lower budget year on year. Were they given a bigger budget I don't think they would resort to throwing cash at players as they work on assembling teams rather than a group of well paid talented individuals.

Point 3, It does happen. It's just the exception now rather than the rule unfortunately. Have you ever heard the name Jason Stone?

So you argument to point 1 =none, point 2 how do you know this untill you see sheffield play, past history tells us cardiff have done that before.3 No but i looked at him on EP and hes played for 3 other teams and hes a brit from Cardiff where as the OP was on about imports!!

jester said:
So you argument to point 1 =none, point 2 how do you know this untill you see sheffield play, past history tells us cardiff have done that before.3 No but i looked at him on EP and hes played for 3 other teams and hes a brit from Cardiff where as the OP was on about imports!!
I wasn't arguing about anything, just expressing an opinion based on my knowledge of and conversations with our owner. I was also stating my concerns over another teams ability to recruit players who have openly stated that they loved their time in Cardiff. If Tylors motives were not financial and Cardiff hasn't really changed as a city in the year he has been away there would appear to be a new stumbling block in our recruitment attempts.
I saw Sheffield play plenty last year, remind me what they won? At least when Cardiff threw money at their teams they won pretty much everything. Ryan Finnerty is again, in my opinion, seemingly sticking to the same spending pattern as last season. Only experience will teach him that this tactic is no guarantee of success.
Jason Stone played over a thousand games for the Devils. I was merely using him as an example of player loyalty which you said doesn't exist. The O.P. never mentioned imports, you just assumed that's what he meant. If you want an example of import loyalty look no further than Brad Voth. Cardiff was his only British club despite him receiving offers from several other clubs, (including Belfast) with one club offering to make him "the highest earner in the league"

Why would Tylor and/or his wife not wanting to come to Cardiff be a recruitment obstacle? As you said the City hasn't changed much, which makes it most likely to be a personal decision, rather than another negative.

put your handbags away guys....

there are right and wrong sides to boith sides of every argument etc.....

truth is we will never know REALLY why he decided to go to the steelers.
good luck to him
will be interesting to see what reception he gets in the bbt

bluedevil said:
Why would Tylor and/or his wife not wanting to come to Cardiff be a recruitment obstacle? As you said the City hasn't changed much, which makes it most likely to be a personal decision, rather than another negative.
Tylors decision is Tylors decision and has no bearing on our recruitment whatsoever. My point was that the reason behind his decision, if not financial, could be detrimental to our future recruitment. As has been said though, we will never know the reason so it's all irrelevant really .

osh

Ooh I don't think it will take too long to find out his reasons. Let's see how honest he is when asked next time he's at the BBT.

DevilDom

I asked Tylor his reasons for choosing Sheffield on twitter not really expecting him to answer. I was quite surprised when he did. I hope he doesn't mind too much if I put his response on here as it might help some people accept it a little better. His DM's to me were:

Not money. I honestly want to experience a new city. I think it will be cool to tell my kids some day that I played in Wales and England. See a opportunity to win here too. want to win a championship badly! Plus way better hockey facility.

He didn't have to respond but he did, which I think shows something in itself. He is doing what he thinks is best for him, his family and his hockey career. I'm still disappointed about especially as its the steelers he has gone to but I can understand those reasons.