Inferno Interview - Tylor Michel

osh

Sorry ASHIPP, I disagree slightly on a couple of your points e.g;-

IN G (AND FRANNY) WE COMPLETELY TRUST
Do we really ? You are making a sweeping statement, not everyone does have complete trust in both.

I would agree that last season was a massive achievement despite our injuries and troubled off season also.

Lot of negative energy and anger being expended over this situation but more so over the WAY this has happened, rather than the fact it's the Steelers. Negative energy and anger ?? Disagree, most people seem to be angry that it is simply the Steelers he has gone to! I really don't think so much would be made of this if he had signed for Braehead or even Coventry. Whatever happened at the last minute wasn't money orientated, so what was it that made him decide to go to Sheffield I wonder?

I agree, one man doesn't make a team.

Nothing at all wrong with comparing teams irrespective of completed rosters. We all look to see who has signed for what team and obviously we compare them to who we have and what positions we have filled and what we have left to fill, so very realistic to compare signings as they are made. For instance, we have Osaer signed and we believe he is the best compared to any other team's n/m don't we?

Oh and Phil Hill hasn't spent all his career with the Devils by the way ;)

Tylor remains very quiet on his twitter page regarding his signing doesn't he. Not a huge loss in my opinion that he decided to go elsewhere tbh.

DWD

ASHIPP said:
, you only need to look at our own senior players to see it does exist :
G (7 years at Devils), Max (6 years), Hilly (all his career), Richie (5 years), Smith Brothers (3rd season), Ossie (3rd season) :cool:
:DWD

I though the Taliban post was good. This takes the biscuit. Ha.

Good to see folk haven't gone too overboard eh.

ASHIPP

osh said:
Sorry ASHIPP, I disagree slightly on a couple of your points e.g;-

IN G (AND FRANNY) WE COMPLETELY TRUST
Do we really ? You are making a sweeping statement, not everyone does have complete trust in both.

I would agree that last season was a massive achievement despite our injuries and troubled off season also.

Lot of negative energy and anger being expended over this situation but more so over the WAY this has happened, rather than the fact it's the Steelers. Negative energy and anger ?? Disagree, most people seem to be angry that it is simply the Steelers he has gone to! I really don't think so much would be made of this if he had signed for Braehead or even Coventry. Whatever happened at the last minute wasn't money orientated, so what was it that made him decide to go to Sheffield I wonder?

I agree, one man doesn't make a team.

Nothing at all wrong with comparing teams irrespective of completed rosters. We all look to see who has signed for what team and obviously we compare them to who we have and what positions we have filled and what we have left to fill, so very realistic to compare signings as they are made. For instance, we have Osaer signed and we believe he is the best compared to any other team's n/m don't we?

Oh and Phil Hill hasn't spent all his career with the Devils by the way ;)

Tylor remains very quiet on his twitter page regarding his signing doesn't he. Not a huge loss in my opinion that he decided to go elsewhere tbh.
There is negative energy - the guy has been called a traitor! A debate about player 'loyalty' :lol: 8 pages of discussion.

You are right that there is absolutely nothing wrong with comparing rosters ....however, some folks are already worried that the Devils look 'weak' compared to say, the Steelers roster. The point is that it's a bit unrealistic to make any judgements on the season based purely on a) an unfinished roster and b) no competitive games having been played yet.

For a Club with (allegedly) smaller finances and lesser facilities than the arena teams, the progress at the Devils has been admirable in the past 3 seasons. Particularly last season against the odds. Combination of guts, team spirit, skill and good coaching don't you think?

Frustrating the way that the TM situation turned out....but no doubt everyone can move on and G will have players to target. Think you took the 'we' too literally in the phrase 'in G we trust'.....it was meant for anyone who believes that there will be more good news to come.

.....Mac Faulkner for starters :cool:

Paul Sullivan

It's a short career and I don't have any issue with a player moving to a team for a better financial deal. If G was allowed to spend more, rest assured he would.

There are often other reasons though. One of the most talented players I have seen play for the Devils, Jim Brown, only played a handful of games for us because his wife didn't like Cardiff one little bit, even though he did. We lost a great player for a reason other than the cash.

These intangibles can make a huge difference.

Though (and I am not saying it did) if not liking Cardiff did in any way have anything to do with Tylor's decision: Wait till you get a load of Sheffield :lol:

voth26

osh said:
Funny old game eh, and even funnier people involved in it! :eek:
What was the chant ''You've been Tylored''!!
Well, it seems as if ''We've been Tylored'' !! :lol: :lol:

We've lost much better players than Michel in the past. Strangely enough, I never really saw him as a player we couldn't do without, even though it is fair to say he gave his all for the team. I think he is a mercenary type of player who will give his all for whichever team that employs him. I wish him well of course, but hope we don't ever make the mistake of having him back here in Cardiff ( as PR intimates ) I am now hoping that G has his sights set on a player in the McIntyre/MacWilliam/Boh mould who would soon sort out any nonsense that Michel may try against us !! ;)
Thats a good point osh, i certainly wouldnt want him in a devils shirt ever again.

Skippy

Thread starter #93
Earnie said:
I hope his decision to switch to Sheffield has nothing to do with his buddy not coming back to us - one we had been led to believe IS coming back?

See now thats a nasty idea :|

voth26 said:
Thats a good point osh, i certainly wouldnt want him in a devils shirt ever again.
Would bother me if he did. I liked him when he was here and feel he'd always be a good addition to our team at any point.

Don't be bitter about a player going to another club. There is little loyalty in sport and I don't feel he owed us a return. I just like that the league is shaping up well for next year with a bit of grit that I think we can all agree was missing last year!!

jester said:
buzzwagon said:
1.Make no bones about this one, this is purely money! 2. That's the difference between a top coach like "G" and a rookie coach like Finnerty who seems to think that the answer to assembling a roster is to throw money at it.
3.At the end of the day I would rather players that want to play for the club and live in our great City, as opposed to "show me the money" here today gone tomorrow!
1. Your owner said its not about the money
2. Dont get your second bit.
3. I think you need to get real, that just dosent happen in modern sport, with quality players. Players use the EIHL as a stepping stone to Europe that is well documented get used to it. (the ones that dont move on are either too old or not good enough)
The second point makes perfect sense if you read it... ;)

Not that I agree with it as we have been told it wasn't motivated by money and if anyone thinks that G wouldn't spend the kind of money Sheffield has so far if it was available to him is sorely mistaken.

danhall76 said:
jester said:
buzzwagon said:
1.Make no bones about this one, this is purely money! 2. That's the difference between a top coach like "G" and a rookie coach like Finnerty who seems to think that the answer to assembling a roster is to throw money at it.
3.At the end of the day I would rather players that want to play for the club and live in our great City, as opposed to "show me the money" here today gone tomorrow!
1. Your owner said its not about the money
2. Dont get your second bit.
3. I think you need to get real, that just dosent happen in modern sport, with quality players. Players use the EIHL as a stepping stone to Europe that is well documented get used to it. (the ones that dont move on are either too old or not good enough)
The second point makes perfect sense if you read it... ;)
quote]

If you read it as a stand alone yes but in the context it was written it makes no sense as your owner has stated the move wasnt money driven.
(does that make sense :| )

As described by the dictionairy!

trai·tor   [trey-ter] Show IPA
noun
a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust.
a person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jester said:
Not touchy, thought it was a genuine post. Doh
I did agree with you that the move was in no way money motivated as has been alluded to by PR.

I do think that in the context of the post, it did make sense as the argument was that it was money motivated.